- Item #: i_305037Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "The 2012 Brunello di Montalcino Cerretalto offers a prolonged, flowing and carefully massaged drinking experience that drapes over the senses with some studied intensity and lots of intriguing complexity. This wine nails that perfect balance between power and elegance (that elusive exchange that so many winemakers hope to achieve) with effortless precision. Bold cherry fruit and spice are tightly woven together. In the mouth, the wine shows texture, depth and succulence. Generally speaking, this is not my favorite vintage in Montalcino, but this wine suddenly made me forget that thought."
- Item #: i_302485Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97Wine Enthusiast: 95 Points85% Cabernet Sauvignon & 15% Petit Verdot
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "A focused, balanced style, evoking pure cherry, raspberry, mineral and floral aromas and flavors, this is elegant and fluid yet dense and well-structured, ending with lively acidity and dusty tannins. The finish goes on and on. Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. Drink now through 2025. 1,833 cases made."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - #61 of Top 100 Cellar Selections Wines of 2017 Wine Enthusiast:
"A focused, balanced style, evoking pure cherry, raspberry, mineral and floral aromas and flavors, this is elegant and fluid yet dense and well-structured, ending with lively acidity and dusty tannins. The finish goes on and on. Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. Drink now through 2025. 1,833 cases made."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 94 POINTS - "The 2012 d'Alceo is sweet, round and enveloping. Silky tannins give the 2012 much of its shape, while adding to the wine's appeal. Plum, black cherry, menthol, licorice and sweet spices wrap around the fleshy, succulent finish. Like the Sammarco, d'Alceo is a bit restrained in this vintage."
- Item #: i_305780Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 96ORGANICALLY FARMED
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Saturated flavors of cherry and plum mesh nicely with the dense tannins in this intense, energetic red. Balanced, if a bit angular now, with the component parts needing time to integrate. Finishes with a firm grip and lingering tobacco and mineral accents. Best from 2022 through 2038."
ANTONIO GALLONI, VINOUS 95 POINTS - "Deep ruby. Very deep aromas of red plum, red berries, sweet spices and crushed stone are complicated by mint and cinnamon on the captivating nose. Juicy and extremely intense, with a crystallized quality to its sharply delineated fruit and spice flavors, this huge, structured wine is bursting at the seams with ripe fruit and flesh. A luscious mouthful of Brunello that finishes long with polished tannins and noteworthy energy, not to mention subtle building perfume."
- Item #: i_305268Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "Leather, pipe tobacco, woodland berry, dark spice and crushed herb follow through to the taut linear palate along with notes of sour cherry, ground pepper and clove. It's extremely elegant but still tightly wound, with youthfully assertive tannins that need to unfold. Give this time to come together and develop complexity. Drink 2022–2032."
- Item #: i_305118Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 95WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Firm and dense, this red sports cherry, leather, cigar box and sweet spice flavors. A juiciness midpalate adds depth. Finishes with tannins and a combination of earth, mineral and tobacco notes. Best from 2022 through 2038.
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "An extremely dense and complex red with dried berry, cherry, floral and spice. Full body, powerful with a wealth of fruit and chewy tannins. This really is intense and beautiful. Goes on for minutes. Big wine. Drink in 2021."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Showing a dark color and appearance, the 2012 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva is a beautiful wine. The 2012 vintages deliver some great surprises, like the ones you get here. The wine is dark and powerful with full throttle aromas of black cherry and blackberry. Spice, leather and balsam herb appear at the back. It sports firm tannins and a robust structure that will carry it forward over its aging years."
- Item #: i_302411Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 94 PointsPRACTICING ORGANIC
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "Aromas of mature black-skinned berry, baked plum, mint and violet mix with whiffs of dark culinary spice. The ripe chewy palate doles out raspberry jam, fleshy black cherry and licorice set against firm, polished tannins. The juicy fruit flavors deftly support the hefty alcohol."
The Vino Nobile Riserva Bossona fruit is 100% Sangiovese from their best vineyards, its done 36 months in barrels and 12 months in bottle. It's full-bodied, complex and elegant. It's intense and has very refined fragrances, with plenty of ripe fruits and hints of violets. You will love the silky tannins and it's long and rich finish.
- Item #: i_301900Bottle Size: 750MLMonte Faustino, named for its location in the hilltop hamlet of Monte Faustini, is located in the heart of the historic Classico zone of Valpolicella. The wines are vinified in an original 16th century cellar that was renovated by the Fornaser family who first started harvesting grapes here in the early 20th century.
- Item #: i_301849Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Rosso de Veo is a selection of the Bea estate's younger Sagrantino vines, principally from the "Cerrete" vineyard which graces the highest point in Montefalco, between 1300 and 1500 feet above sea level. The soil is clay and limestone infused with small pebbles from an ancient riverbed. This wine is vinified in a similar fashion to the single vineyard Sagrantino with a long cuvaison which extends forty to fifty days. The wine is then aged one year in stainless steel tanks, two years in large oak barrels and another year in bottle before release. The wine is not filtered.
- Item #: i_303167Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
The Pipparello vineyard is a hilltop site in Montefalco at 1300 feet above sea level. The soil is clay and gravel. The vines in the Pipparello vineyard are a minimum of 20 years old. Harvest takes place normally during the middle of October. The ultimate wine is a blend of roughly 60% Sangiovese, 25% Montepulciano and 15% Sagrantino. The cuvaison extends for a period between 40 to 50 days. After the alcoholic fermentation this wine spends a year in stainless steel tanks and then two years in large oak barrels and is released after an additional year of bottle-aging. Unfiltered and unfined.
- Item #: i_301506Bottle Size: 750mlThe grapes for this cuvée are sourced from the "Chioso dei Pomi" vineyard in the heart of Barragiola. The plot is approximately three hectares in size and the vines have a south-southwest exposure. The ultimate blend of grapes for the Ghemme is 85% Nebbiolo and 15% Vespolina. Harvest is by hand.The wine is aged in large barrels of Slavonian oak for the first twelve months after harvest and then is racked into smaller five hectoliter barrels for an additional eighteen months. The various parts of the wine are assembled and blended together in the spring of the third year. After bottling, the wine is aged in bottle at least nine additional months before release.
- Item #: i_305978Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 98There are many Brunello di Montalcino wines out there, but just as in other great winemaking regions, there are distinguished vineyards that take it to the next level. "Le Lucere" is one of those vineyards, owned by the San Filippo estate, which looks toward the beautiful Orcia Valley (a UNESCO heritage site). Founded back in 1972, they're located in what some consider to be the classic part of Montalcino, just southeast of the town. Critical reviews over the years have consistently rated San Filippo's "Le Lucere" wines very highly, and we've got some in stock right now that are already scintillating to drink. Just give them an hour or two in the decanter and have a great, hearty meal to pair with!
The reserve wines are from the best parts of the vineyard, and are bigger wines both in concentration and structure, the best option for long-term aging. They are aged 34 months in oak followed by several years of bottle aging.
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "Wow. This is really fantastic with outstanding depth of fruit and ripe and silky tannins. So much blueberry and cedar character with hints of flowers. Full body, fine tannins and a fresh and clean finish. Lovely balance to this wine. Better after 2022 but already exciting to taste."
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "A broad, mouthfilling style, boasting black cherry, plum, leather, chocolate and spice aromas and flavors. A riper style, yet not soft, with more support from dense tannins than acidity. Finishes with a dusty aftertaste of tobacco and graphite."
- Item #: i_302004Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A chewy Brunello with linear and lightly austere tannins that buttress the bright fruit character. Medium body, silky tannins and a vivid finish. Beautiful intensity."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "This is muscular, with dense tannins providing a base for black cherry, plum, violet, tar and tobacco flavors. The tannins are assertive, yet also fresh and resonant. Long aftertaste. Best from 2021 through 2035."
- Item #: i_301696Bottle Size: 750mlMacchie pairs well with a wide variety of traditional Tuscan dishes like bruschetta, prosciutto, pasta with ragu of wild boar, bistecca fiorentina, roasted lamb, mushroom porcini. It generally goes well with meats especially red and game, accompanies a tartar well as it does many more dishes even slightly spicy ones.
- Item #: i_301395Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Corvina & Corvinone, with Oseleta & Forselina.
This is one of the more distinctive Valpolicellas around, which the winery believes represents their terroir of the San Colombano area. Made from partially dried grapes and aged in French oak casks, followed by lengthy bottle ageing before release. It has heady, clear aromas reminiscent of cherry and plum cordial, with fresh Mediterranean herbs up front, meshed with subtle pungent spice (black pepper and licorice). The drying of the grapes gives a touch of extra concentration, but the palate stays fresh and highly drinkable with a medium body and a firm, stony sensation from the light tannin. This is an authentic taste of Italy.