- Item #: i_301646Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Formerly known as "Il Toro", the RomiToro Rosso is an elegant blend of Syrah and Petit Verdot that expresses the benefits of a moderate climate such as Tuscany's, where vines grow naturally without needing irrigation and yield an excellent quantity and quality of fruit. The resulting wine is a bold Super Tuscan that attests to the fact that French varietals can thrive in Tuscany and give exceptional quality, whilst retaining an undeniably Tuscan character.
Beautiful diversity, density in the nose: brambleberry, raspberry, flambéed cherries are tempered by scents of scrub oak hillside, wet nursery and sea side campfire. The palate starts lush with bright red berries and white pepper, leading to firm tannins and forward acidity-- excellent structure! The strength and grip of this bull is lifted by dark red, spicy fruits: plum, redcurrant, cherry cola. Bellisimo!
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The previous vintage of this wine carried the name Il Toro, but the wine has been renamed with this vintage. In archaic Italian, the name RomiTorò translates as Romitorio. The Castello Romitorio 2018 RomiTòro is made with equal parts Syrah and Petit Verdot, all aged in oak for 10 months. This edition opens to an inky dark appearance followed by a thick and succulent texture. It offers a certain firmness to the tannins and a thinner spot on the mid-palate that thickens quickly as the wine hits the palate. Dark plum, prune and blackberry emerge at the top. Lighter notes of spice, smoke and tar also appear. Pair this wine with your favorite steak dinner. Some 44,437 bottles were made. The wine was bottled in December 2019 and hits the market in February 2020. RomiTòro is one of the great value wines to emerge from Tuscany."
- Item #: i_303570Bottle Size: 750mlSangiovese (Morellino), 5% Syrah, 5% Alicante, 5% Ciliegiolo
Winery Notes - "Juicy dark fruit mingles with spice and licorice on the palate. The bright, ripe cherry and soft texture."
Mario Batali, Joe and Lidia Bastianich have partnered to create this wonderful Morellino di Scansano. The La Mozza Vineyard is near Scansano, a village in southern Tuscany, southwest of Montalcino. Perazzi is named after the fruit trees that grow on the estate and bear a pear-like fruit, which is depicted on the label. In Tuscany, the Sangiovese grape is known by several names, from Chianti to Brunello to Morellino, depending on where it is grown. Morellino means "little blackish one" because of the dark color of the grape. In the hot Maremma zone, the grapes are exposed to a more Mediterranean climate with enough heat to tone down Sangiovese's signature acidity, producing juicier fruit and a jammy flavor. I Perazzi was created to be unlike most other Morellinos, which see little or no time in oak.
- Item #: i_302907Bottle Size: 750mlThe Bolgheri Rosso of the Le Macchiole winery is a red wine of excellent aromatic tension, in which it seems to exalt the quality of the grapes. The nose reveals aromas of blackberries and cherries, combined with wild spices and withered roses. On the palate it is full-bodied and structured, with balanced tannins.
- Item #: i_302509Bottle Size: 750mlEqual parts Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese, & Syrah
In just handful of years, this wine has become a staff and customer favorite and it’s easy to see why. The latest release of this red blend is another stunning wine, offering great purity of fruit and tremendous flavor. This creative blend showcases layers of perfectly ripened dark fruit flavors including currant, blackberry and black cherry, along with classic 'super-Tuscan' grilled herb and woodsy qualities. The rich fruit of this full-bodied Super Tuscan hits all the right notes in a very crowd pleasing style. This is a great deal.
The Baracchi estate has become the most prominent estate winery in Cortona, and one of the most recognized in Tuscany. The stunning labels reflect the family’s passion for falconry. Recent press has created a strong demand for Baracchi wines in the U.S. and solidified the brand’s position as one of the most sought after newcomers from Italy on the market. So delicious on its own, this wine also pairs beautifully with a range of foods, including Italian favorites and meat dishes.
- Item #: i_302947Bottle Size: 750MLCabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Syrah.
WINERY NOTES - "Insoglio del Cinghiale is our foundation wine. A supple and early maturing wine, Insoglio is a distinctive and distinguished introduction to our project. A medium intense nose of dark fruits, blackberries, some floral notes and a hint of spicy oak in the background. A light to medium rich body with a fine structure and balance. Ready to drink!"
- Item #: i_302316Bottle Size: 750MLFrom Tenuta San Guido, makers of the iconic Sassicaia, comes a wine made for less serious occasions, but maintains the high class of winemaking. Aged in a mix of French and American oak for 15 months. et to taste—and you can get this wine at a great price too."