- Item #: i_303591Bottle Size: 750mlThe Montepulciano grape in Abruzzo makes some of the easiest-drinking wines in the world. Each sip delivers a mouthful of ripe berries, leather and black pepper with subtle hints of oregano, dried herbs and a touch of vanilla; all leading to a dry and supple finish.
Recommended food: Assertive, full-flavored "country style" cooking such as: Venison or rabbit stew; Ossobuco; Roast leg of lamb; Spaghetti puttanesca; Pasta with sausage, pepper and onions; Roast duck with green peppercorn sauce.
- Item #: i_302962Bottle Size: 750mlE.U. CERTIFIED ORGANIC
Cirelli is a simple and sincere expression of the land of Abruzzo, produced by a spontaneous vinification in steel. It has a delicate and light bouquet of small red fruits and wild herbs and a fresh, savory and very drinkable taste.
- Item #: i_301422Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94GAMBERO ROSSO GUIDE - 3 GLASS AWARD
The 2015 Montepulciano 'Spelt' is the Riserva for the winery. It shows intense red fruit, with purple shadows. The aromas show wild rose, violet, crisp red fruits (red currant, wild strawberry), graphite and licorice. The taste shows density and persistence, with refined tannins that give the wine a voluptuous, savory profile and long finish with great freshness and mineral extension. The grapes are harvested in October, then the wine is fermented in stainless steel tanks for 3 weeks and partially aged in Slavonian barrels. The wine goes through full malolactic fermentation and the final aging occurs in 25 hl. oak barrels and 1 year in bottle. This a serious wine at an extremely reasonable price.
- Item #: i_301704Bottle Size: 750mlOn the nose is roasted almonds, plum greengage, white pepper, vanilla touch. On the palate the Attack is fresh, balanced mid palate, round and fruity finish with a lot of finesse. Balanced and fresh wine, the perfect companion with grilled fish. Pale yellow with green hues Nose: Roasted almonds, plum greengage, white pepper, vanilla touch Taste: Attack is fresh, balanced mid palate, round and fruity finish with a lot of finesse.
- Item #: i_302104Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
A gem of central Italy, This winery is truly a unique property for Abruzzo. Its vineyards are situated inside one of Italy’s most beautiful national parks. This is a wild paradise, with deep gorges carved by glaciers, crystal clear springs and a diverse array of flora and fauna. Completely organic wine by default of its location and with careful clone selection best for Valle Reale’s soil and climate, Leonardo Pizzolo has made a benchmark for the wines of Abruzzo.
Rich and aromatic with a full body of dark berry fruit, spices and long supple tannins, Take this one home to enjoy with ribs or roasted lamb.