- Item #: i_302580Bottle Size: 750MLArgiolas has long been the quality leader on the previously overlooked island of Sardegna (Sardinia). The island's Cannonau based wines have become sought after since a daytime TV host suggested that perhaps drinking Cannonau contributed to the islanders' longevity. We make no such health claims but we do enjoy the flavors of Cannonau which turns out to be Grenache (Garnacha). Argiolas Costera is composed of 90% Cannonau, 5% Bovale Sardo and 5% Carignano (Carignan) grown on the calcareous soils of the Costera vineyard.
- Item #: i_305380Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - " The grapes are de-stemmed but not crushed, then the must macerates on the skins in cement vats without the addition of any SO2. The length of maceration depends on the characteristics of the must; it can last from three to twenty days. Lengthier macerations are not part of our local culture. The wine is always drawn off by hand in order not to harm the skins. The wine then continues its journey in small cement vats until bottling, which comes usually two to three years later. In our winemaking, we do not make any use of any synthetic chemicals apart from sulphur: no added yeasts, no enzymes, or any other adjuvant either in fermentation or in maturation. The wine is neither filtered, clarified, or barriqued. Give time to rest after shipping. Leave in to oxygenate in the glass. Probable remaings and CO2 are natural. Every bottle can be different. We do not use international grape varieties to smooth out our wines." Cannonau is an indigenous Sardinian grape variety. Cannonau is an indigenous Sardinian grape variety.
- Item #: i_301562Bottle Size: 750mlTUDERI takes pride that they use no synthetic chemicals or sulfer and they do not add yeast or enzymes. They rely on the wild yeasts present on the grapes instead. "They are what they are, not what you make them."Cannonau is a hearty, full bodied wine. Though the rest of the world calls the grape Grenache, Cannonau is fuller and more concentrated than other wines produced from genetically identical grapes.It is a food wine that excels with thick red sauces, meats and pasta. It also pairs perfectly with the local goat's milk cheese, Pantaleo, or with Percorino Sardo made from sheep's milk.
- Item #: i_302525Bottle Size: 750mlLetting nature do the work to produce stunning wines.
The winery prides itself with being as much in tune with nature as possible. Electrical energy in the winery is only used for de-stemming and for the bottling equipment. The pruning, grape stems and pomade are all returned to the earth. They have also reduced the weight of the bottles and try to use recycled materials for all packaging materials. They decide whether the grapes are ready to be harvested or not by walking through the vineyard and actually tasting the grapes.
- Item #: i_303637Bottle Size: 750mlVineyards situated in the municipal territory of Atzara, a hilly area rising up to 550 m.a.s.l., west of the Gennargentu mountains. Mandrolisai D.O.C. : is a local DOC wine from the following vines: Bovale Sardo (Muristellu), Cannonau, Monica.
Ruby-red colour with pomegranate glints. It is a wine full of character, warm and full- bodied palate, inklings of vanilla and spices, expressing great elegance and marked finesse. The tannins are juicy and silky with a very long finish. Great meat dishes and ripe cheese.
- Item #: i_302001Bottle Size: 750mlThe more we taste Vermentino the more we like it- not only because it is a bright and citrusy white, but also there are so many layers and possible expressions within the grape. The "Stellato" is Pala's top tier Vermentino set aside from a single vineyard site; but the real interest here is the way "Stellato" builds richness and viscosity on top of bracing, mouth-watering frame. Think of an ideal blend of Chablis' minerality combined with the creaminess, marzipan and nut-oil qualities you might find in a White Rhône blend. Look for bright lime and tangerine fruit with more exotic yellow plum and white flowers. One of Italy's top wine guides (L'Espresso) just selected Pala "Stellato" Vermentino as the top Vermentino in Sardinia, and another by Gambero Rosso gave the 2017 a Tre Bicchieri (3 Glasses) award! Vermentino is far and away the most widely produced wine in Sardnia, so that's quite an honor. We're not surprised-- "Stellato" is delicious and quite striking!