- Item #: i_301024Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "This is a deeply communicative and articulate wine that boasts immense power and persistence. The 2010 Amarone della Valpolicella Monte Lodoletta is a creation of enormous beauty and unflinching intensity. The wine speaks at loud volumes with black cherry, spice, tarry smoke, barbecue marinade and grilled rosemary. Those balsam notes add length and continuity to the bouquet. In the mouth, the wine is complete and penetrating. It wraps thickly over the palate to soothe and entice your taste buds. Yet there is enough crispness to keep it from feeling cloying or too heavy. There is a point of tannic astringency on the finish that will accompany this wine over the next decade of its aging evolution. For that reason, it's best to wait before popping the cork on this memorable vinous experience."
- Item #: i_301341Bottle Size: 750mlThe late, great Maestro del Veneto, Giuseppe Quintarelli, succeeded in establishing his mythical and legendary estate during an amazing sixty-year career. All of the tradition, love, heart, and soul of crafting one of the world's finest wines continue at the Quintarelli home and winery in the hills north of Verona. Giuseppe's daughter Fiorenza, his son-in-law Giampaolo, and his grandsons Francesco and Lorenzo are all keeping a close watch over the family’s legacy.
It is impossible to speak about Quintarelli without superlatives. The name itself stands for so much: the family, the wines, a style, a tradition, a way of doing things. After all the time, effort, patience, and care that go into the making of a bottle of Quintarelli, it truly does mean so much more than wine. Giuseppe, fondly known as "Bepi" to those closest to him, was a perfectionist in every way. From the beautiful handwritten labels, to the best possible quality cork, to the exquisite wine in the bottles, the Quintarelli name is a stamp of authenticity and the ultimate indication of an artisanal, handmade, uncompromising wine of the highest quality.
- Item #: i_301159Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Lots of complexity comes through from the outset on the nose, borne out in terms of smoky black cherries, dried rose stems, asphalt, tar and licorice. Full, structured body that dives through layers of dark fruit, driven along by active acidity all the way to the long but not cloying finish."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "Cocoa, baked plum, toast, culinary spice and leather aromas shape the nose. Full bodied and elegant, the smooth, dense palate doles out fleshy black cherry, blackberry jam, licorice and clove while velvety tannins provide structure. It closes on an espresso note. Drink through 2027."
- Item #: i_305829Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate’s biodynamic credentials are serious. Certified by Demeter, Europe’s largest certification body, Musella’s team uses only naturally sourced fertilizer, among other solutions, to ensure that the natural beauty and health of their 60 vineyard acres remains in balance.
TASTING IMPRESSIONS: Aromas of leather, cinnamon, cloves, black cherry jam. Textured, velvety; flavors of black cherries, cooked plums.
PAIRING SUGGESTIONS: Grilled pork sausages; red-wine based beef stew with herbs; aged sheep’s cheeses; dark chocolate (70%)
- Item #: i_301345Bottle Size: 750mlThis superb wine, and the pride of the Valpolicella region, comes from a selection of grapes left to dry on trays for about 4 months in a meticulous process of drying and a 3-4 years ageing process in Slavonian oak barrels. It is refined in the bottle for at least 1 year, allowing it to develop its complex range of aromas and flavors.
- Item #: i_301676Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Another Amarone with crystal clear character of cherry and plum, fresh flowers and hints of lemons. Full body, super linear tannins and a long and focused finish. A wine with elegance and structure. Edgy."
Winemaker Notes - "Deep red color and very intense bouquet with spicy, aromatic and jammy notes combining power and finesse, prelude to a palate that is rich, sensuous, highly structured and complex, lingering finish. This wine can be enjoyed as a meditation wine, but is excellent when paired with red meats, game, and seasoned cheeses."
Blend: 70% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella, 5% Corvinone