- Item #: i_301120Bottle Size: 750mlWhen Veneto legend Giuseppe Quintarelli was asked years ago to name the region's next superstar, he didn't hesitate: Tommaso Bussola. Originally trained as a stone mason, Tommaso took over over his uncle's Valpolicella estate-with its prized old vineyards in the heart of the Classico zone-in the mid-1980's. By the late nineties, his style had matured, and his wines had become world-famous for their incredible intensity of fruit. The key is not only the age of his vines but the fact that they are nearly all naturally low-yielding ancient clones: Corvinone (40%), Corvina Grossa (25%) and Rondinella (20%).Tommaso's first goal every year is to make the best Amarone Classico possible. An incredible Amarone value.
A ripe, velvety red, with a fine frame of supple tannins, displaying flavors of prune, kirsch, bitter herbs and loamy earth, with just a hint of savory-sweet sun-dried tomato. There's a subtle juiciness, with a sweet, smoky note that builds toward the long finish.
- Item #: i_301159Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "This opens beautifully to reveal violets, blueberries, licorice, citrus, oyster shell and orange rind. So velvety and polished, but with real depth and structure. Medium-to full-bodied with delightful fruit and a long finish. Drink in 2021 but already so satisfying."
- Item #: i_301900Bottle Size: 750MLMonte Faustino, named for its location in the hilltop hamlet of Monte Faustini, is located in the heart of the historic Classico zone of Valpolicella. The wines are vinified in an original 16th century cellar that was renovated by the Fornaser family who first started harvesting grapes here in the early 20th century.
- Item #: i_301345Bottle Size: 750mlThis superb wine, and the pride of the Valpolicella region, comes from a selection of grapes left to dry on trays for about 4 months in a meticulous process of drying and a 3-4 years ageing process in Slavonian oak barrels. It is refined in the bottle for at least 1 year, allowing it to develop its complex range of aromas and flavors.
- Item #: i_301676Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY GROWN GRAPES
JAMES SCUKLING 93 POINTS - "A floral Amarone that shows lavender, violets, orange peel, citrus and vanilla. Very round, mouth-filling and flavorful. So juicy and spicy throughout. From organically grown grapes."
Winemaker Notes - "Deep red color and very intense bouquet with spicy, aromatic and jammy notes combining power and finesse, prelude to a palate that is rich, sensuous, highly structured and complex, lingering finish. This wine can be enjoyed as a meditation wine, but is excellent when paired with red meats, game, and seasoned cheeses."
Blend: 70% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella, 5% Corvinone