- Item #: i_305984Bottle Size: 750mlThe Orvieto Classico Superiore "San Giovanni della Sala" in Castello della Sala Antinori is a fresh and balanced white Umbrian wine based on Grechetto, Procanico, Pinot Bianco and Viognier, aged for a short period in steel tanks. It expresses an elegant and delicate personality, with aromas of yellow peaches, pineapples and mixed flowers that flow into a balanced, savory and persistent mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_301951Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Grechetto is one of the Umbria region's finest varieties. This entry-level version is medium-light in body, with moderate intensity of aromas and flavors.
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Clean-cut acidity defines this lightly fleshy, light- to medium-bodied white, which laces ripe Asian pear and melon fruit flavors with hints of elderflower, spice and pink grapefruit pith, creating a pleasingly bitter chime on the finish."
- Item #: i_350471Bottle Size: 750ml100% Sagrantino
Aged 22 months in French oak barrique, which adds toasted oak, vanilla, woodsy balsam, and clove aromas and flavors to the blackberry jam, dried cherry, & black pepper fruit character. Powerful, fine-grained tannin help allow this wine age gracefully. Best served with hearty stews and braises, or simply after a meal or with a cheese course.
- Item #: i_302229Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Welcome to the black hole of Umbrian red wine where you get to experience a new level of tannic density, but this is also married to extraordinary ripeness. For all this, a surprisingly clean and elegant finish. Very savory. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "This wine was not produced in the 2014 vintage, and fruit from that year went into the entry-level Montefalco Rosso instead. However, the 2015 Montefalco Rosso Riserva is a generous and radiant wine that offers accessible tones of black fruit, cherry and savory spice. The blend sees a large element of Sangiovese, and that grape shines bright in this wine, thanks to its elegant tones of wild berry, rose and pressed violet."
- Item #: i_301113Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - " So much pressed lavender to the nose here as well as the classic brambleberries but also some hints of sour cherries, leather and Chinese spices. This is full and delicious with moath-coating tannins, driven acidity and a compact yet long finish. Better in 2020."
- Item #: i_305733Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92Sangiovese, Sagrantino, & Merlot.
Intense ruby red color with purple hints. Ample fruit nose of raspberries with hintsof spices and vanilla. On the palate it is full bodied and structured with tannins thatcomplement the wine’s roundness and a long flavorful finish.
- Item #: i_302038Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC/BIODYNAMIC
Pagliaro is a single-vineyard Sagrantino from this eponymous epic Umbrian vineyard. Paolo Bea is one of the longest standing wineries in the region and is best-known for their traditional and rustic cuvées. This wine is dense yet balanced, marked by forceful tannins, persistent length, and a variety of dark and herb-driven flavors.
- Item #: i_302034Bottle Size: 750mlSmoky, dense, and explosive, Bea’s ’15 Umbria Rosso Vigna San Valentino is simply glorious. Luscious blue and black fruits dance with crisp cassis, smoky minerals, exotic spices, pressed herbs, potpourri and cigar wrapper in this unabashedly seductive big red. Tannins are burly but silky, complemented by surprisingly vibrant acidity, a sweet inner perfume and a sturdy core of smoky, savory minerals. You can drink this wine upon release, but it has the stuffing to age beautifully over the next decade.
- Item #: i_301849Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Rosso de Veo is a selection of the Bea estate's younger Sagrantino vines, principally from the "Cerrete" vineyard which graces the highest point in Montefalco, between 1300 and 1500 feet above sea level. The soil is clay and limestone infused with small pebbles from an ancient riverbed. This wine is vinified in a similar fashion to the single vineyard Sagrantino with a long cuvaison which extends forty to fifty days. The wine is then aged one year in stainless steel tanks, two years in large oak barrels and another year in bottle before release. The wine is not filtered.
- Item #: i_301691Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Grechetto, Malvasia, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, & Garganega
Paolo Bea is a producer of idiosyncratic and engaging wines that can be considered to be liquid art. Fermented with native yeasts (with skins present for ~2 weeks), and bottled unfiltered & unfined, but along with a low sulfite addition.
This complex wine has a flaxen color and a bouquet of honey, peaches, and zesty citrus. Concentrated, full-bodied and spiced on the palate, with a strong mineral finish.
- Item #: i_302230Bottle Size: 750ml70% Sangiovese, 13% Sagrantino, 15% Colorino
WINE ENTHUSIAST - "Ripe berry, charred underbrush, leather and clove aromas lead the way. The juicy, generous palate offers crushed raspberry, fleshy Marasca cherry and a hint of baking spice alongside taut tannins that give the close some unexpected grip." - KERIN O'KEEFE
Perticaia, located in the heart of Montefalco in Umbria, is the source of some of central Italy's best wines. This family estate draws its inspiration not only from the past (Perticaia means "plow" in Etruscan) but from the future, employing both natural and modern techniques to craft wines that are dazzling in their complexity, flavor profile and structure.