- Item #: i_305984Bottle Size: 750mlThe Orvieto Classico Superiore "San Giovanni della Sala" in Castello della Sala Antinori is a fresh and balanced white Umbrian wine based on Grechetto, Procanico, Pinot Bianco and Viognier, aged for a short period in steel tanks. It expresses an elegant and delicate personality, with aromas of yellow peaches, pineapples and mixed flowers that flow into a balanced, savory and persistent mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_301951Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Grechetto is one of the Umbria region's finest varieties. This entry-level version is medium-light in body, with moderate intensity of aromas and flavors.
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Clean-cut acidity defines this lightly fleshy, light- to medium-bodied white, which laces ripe Asian pear and melon fruit flavors with hints of elderflower, spice and pink grapefruit pith, creating a pleasingly bitter chime on the finish."
- Item #: i_302037Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBea’s rare and mind-bendingly complex passito (the traditional method for making Sagrantino di Montefalco, in fact) comes from pure Sagrantino harvested at a high brix level and left to dry naturally on straw mats in the upper level of his grand winery. After several months of drying, the bunches are destemmed and crushed, at which point an infinitesimal amount of juice is pressed forth from the ultra-shriveled berries. Fermentation skulks along until the sugar levels reach 16% to 18%. The final product carries around 100 grams per liter of residual sugar and delivers a visceral blast of Sagrantino essence: spice cake, cured tobacco leaves, peppery black fruits, old leather, and a profound sense of umami. Always released after a significant amount of aging (thereby increasing its already stunning complexity), it’s an idiosyncratic, deeply enveloping wine that feels like a transmission from another era.
- Item #: i_301849Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Rosso de Veo is a selection of the Bea estate's younger Sagrantino vines, principally from the "Cerrete" vineyard which graces the highest point in Montefalco, between 1300 and 1500 feet above sea level. The soil is clay and limestone infused with small pebbles from an ancient riverbed. This wine is vinified in a similar fashion to the single vineyard Sagrantino with a long cuvaison which extends forty to fifty days. The wine is then aged one year in stainless steel tanks, two years in large oak barrels and another year in bottle before release. The wine is not filtered.
- Item #: i_303167Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
The Pipparello vineyard is a hilltop site in Montefalco at 1300 feet above sea level. The soil is clay and gravel. The vines in the Pipparello vineyard are a minimum of 20 years old. Harvest takes place normally during the middle of October. The ultimate wine is a blend of roughly 60% Sangiovese, 25% Montepulciano and 15% Sagrantino. The cuvaison extends for a period between 40 to 50 days. After the alcoholic fermentation this wine spends a year in stainless steel tanks and then two years in large oak barrels and is released after an additional year of bottle-aging. Unfiltered and unfined.
- Item #: i_302230Bottle Size: 750ml70% Sangiovese, 13% Sagrantino, 15% Colorino
WINE ENTHUSIAST - "Ripe berry, charred underbrush, leather and clove aromas lead the way. The juicy, generous palate offers crushed raspberry, fleshy Marasca cherry and a hint of baking spice alongside taut tannins that give the close some unexpected grip." - KERIN O'KEEFE
Perticaia, located in the heart of Montefalco in Umbria, is the source of some of central Italy's best wines. This family estate draws its inspiration not only from the past (Perticaia means "plow" in Etruscan) but from the future, employing both natural and modern techniques to craft wines that are dazzling in their complexity, flavor profile and structure.