- Item #: i_301243Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS; COLLECTABLE - "A powerful, muscular style, exhibiting concentrated cherry, plum and berry flavors, accented by herbs and tobacco, all framed by vivid acidity and beefy tannins. A bit brooding now, this should develop nicely over the next decade. Best from 2021 through 2045. 75 cases imported."
- Item #: i_301110Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 96-97EU Certified Organic
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "I'm hardly surprised to report that Fontodi's 2015 Flaccianello della Pieve is one of the best wines recorded in this report of new releases from Tuscany. This wine sits as tall and as proud as the Colosseum in Rome or the Pyramids of Giza in its undeniable glory and beauty. It would be impossible to exaggerate its many lasting attributes and qualities. Perhaps the most remarkable is the smooth and seamless nature of its many complicated moving parts. It produces abundant power, intensity and elegance as if this were the easiest accomplishment in the world. But we all know that's far from the truth. Despite the heat of the vintage, this wine is constructed with firm building blocks as if it were from a cooler year. That's the Panzano magic in a nutshell. This vintage is very young and tight, and you need to exercise patience to allow it enough time to evolve."
JAMES SUCKLING 96-97 POINTS - "A powerful, full-bodied red with a silky and minerally character. Hints of smoke and wet earth. Great length and beauty."
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Rich and opulent, with a sheen to the black currant and blackberry fruit flavors. Additional notes of thyme, leather, mineral and tar add depth, while the burly tannins still ride roughshod on the finish. Nonetheless, all the components are there and this shows fine length. A more muscular style for this wine, reflecting the vintage. Sangiovese. Best from 2021 through 2035."
- Item #: i_301618Bottle Size: 750mlImporter notes: "Produced exclusively from the native Pignolo grape and fermented on the skins for an extensive period in large wood vats; wild yeasts and no temperature control employed; then, aged in oak barrels for an additional five years and given bottle age of five more years before release; bottled without fining or filtration."
- Item #: i_302797Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "Underbrush, truffle, crushed herb and ripe black-skinned fruit aromas slowly take shape along with a waft of new leather. The bold palate shows mature black cherry, licorice, clove and tobacco framed in big velvety tannins. This is already tempting but will be even better in a few years. Drink 2020–2027."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "This is rich and polished, with cherry, raspberry, leather and leafy tobacco flavors allied to a firm, dense structure. Finds equilibrium on the long finish of iron and savory. Best from 2020 through 2035. 250 cases made."
- Item #: i_302543Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Sandrone's 2011 Barolo Le Vigne is sweet, silky and exceptionally polished in the glass. Sweet floral notes, bright red berries, subtle spices and mint are all laced together nicely in the glass. Le Vigne is a blend of fruit from multiple vineyard sources. This is the first year in which Villero is part of the blend."