- Item #: i_303722Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "This is packing some vanilla- and Bourbon-scented oak aromas, with a core of cherry, leather, tar, iron and tobacco flavors. It's solidly built, with dusty tannins clinging to the long finish. A powerful example, this should gain finesse as it ages. Best from 2022 through 2040.." 400 cases made
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "The stunning 2013 Barolo Bussia Romirasco represents a stylistic blend between the elegance of Monforte d'Alba and the brooding power of Serralunga d'Alba. These are magnesium-rich soils mixed with limestone and clay. Romirasco is also home to some of the estate's oldest vines at 55-years-old on average. This beautiful wine opens to a dark and rich garnet color that comes from the concentrated fruit produced by these old plants. The bouquet is laced with mineral and iodine-like nuances with rust and iron. It comes across as rich and intense and the mouthfeel is slightly softer, but denser overall. The wine ends with long balsam tones of rosemary and dried ginger."
The Conterno family has been making wine since the 1700’s and Aldo Conterno is regarded as one of the greatest producers of Piedmont. As a young man, Aldo worked with his brother, Giovanni before striking out on his own in 1969. He developed a reputation as an innovator with a focus on quality and attention to detail and passed this dynamism on to his three sons who now run the business.
Aldo’s small property on the hill of Bussia in Monforte D’Alba has grown into a marvelous 25 hectare estate. The Aldo Conterno Barolo’s are intense and concentrated examples of perfectly ripened Nebbiolo grapes from superior terroirs, grown at a gentle altitude that allows for optimum finesse. The three top ‘Crus’ on the famed Bussia slope produce the three flagship Barolos of the estate.
- Item #: i_303990Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 94The Conterno family has been making wine since the 1700’s and Aldo Conterno is regarded as one of the greatest producers of Piedmont. As a young man, Aldo worked with his brother, Giovanni before striking out on his own in 1969. He developed a reputation as an innovator with a focus on quality and attention to detail and passed this dynamism on to his three sons who now run the business.
Aldo’s small property on the hill of Bussia in Monforte D’Alba has grown into a marvelous 25 hectare estate. The Aldo Conterno Barolo’s are intense and concentrated examples of perfectly ripened Nebbiolo grapes from superior terroirs, grown at a gentle altitude that allows for optimum finesse. The three top 'Crus' on the famed Bussia slope produce the three flagship Barolos of the estate.
Radiant and succulent red and blue fruits, new saddle leather, cigar wrapper, violet petals, baking spices and loam waft from the glass of this spellbinding ’13 Barolo Bussia. This wine shows impeccable balance, unfurling on the palate with energy and focus to reveal a seamless structure and silky texture.
While you’ll want to drink this wine right away, time in the cellar will make it more harmonious and refined. Once simply Aldo Conterno Barolo and now called Barolo Bussia, this entry-level Barolo from Aldo Conterno has garnered a reputation for being a generous, open, genial wine; it’s a perennial IWM client favorite. Deriving from 12 acres of plots in Bussia Soprano with vines aging between 35 and 40 years, the carefully selected grapes ferment for thirty days, and the wine ages for 27 months in cask, followed by twelve months in bottle before release.
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A fragrant style, offering rose, cherry, earth, mineral and cumin aromas and flavors. Young and tense, yet shows fine potential, with complex flavors, good structure and a long aftertaste. Best from 2023 through 2040."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "It may be a so-called entry level Barolo, but the 2013 Barolo Bussia definitely delivers the goods. Fruit is sourced from three separate points within the larger Bussia cru. These sites are characterized by clay soils with southeast exposures and approximately 25-year-old vines. The quality of fruit is very intense and defined with dark cherry and dried blackberry. Yet the mouthfeel is ethereal, light and buoyant. Keeping in line with the vintage, the tannins are firm and slightly rigid. However, they are well absorbed by the exuberant nature of the fruit. The wine's personality is reminiscent of the Barolo Bussia Cicala."
- Item #: i_301564Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Ripe and spicy, featuring cherry, plum, almond and earth flavors. As this plays out on the finish, leather and tobacco notes join the party and the well-integrated structure provides ample support. Best from 2021 through 2035."
- Item #: i_305890Bottle Size: EACHWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2010 Barolo Cannubi delivers the goods, showing an elegant but powerful side of the vintage. The wine is immaculate in terms of its varietal purity with bright tones of white cherry, licorice, pressed blue flowers, dried ginger and tar that rise steadily from the bouquet. There is good intensity here, yet the wine is decidedly feminine and graceful in personality. A point of sour cherry appears on the long and delicious finish."
- Item #: i_302191Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS , VINOUS 93 POINTS, JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS, WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS
"The 2014 Ilatraia is a terrific wine that represents a blend of 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Petit Verdot and 20% Cabernet Franc. This is a darkly saturated and rich Tuscan blend that delivers so much pleasure on all levels. There is softness, intensity, complexity and length. This is a stunning wine with excellent engineering and execution. This is definitely a wine I will remember."
- Item #: i_301795Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "Incredible aromas of violets, roses and blue fruits. So perfumed. Never smelled a wine like this before. Full body, perfectly integrated tannins and bright, vivid acidity. Extremely long and endless. A seamless and great one. An evocative wine that makes you think. Needs three to five years of bottle age on release. Unique red."
- Item #: i_303322Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - - "Loads of balsamic aromas and flavors--juniper, rosemary, thyme, olive--along with cherry, sanguine and tobacco notes are the hallmarks of this intense red. Well-integrated and complex, building to a long aftertaste. Best from 2021 through 2035. 3,400 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Canalicchio di Sopra is high on my shortlist of favorite producers in Montalcino. The 2012 Brunello di Montalcino is a sumptuous wine made according to carefully considered criteria. Every step of the winemaking process represents a selection of sorts, culminating in an expression of extremes. The precision, the focus and the pristine nature of the aromas cannot be exaggerated. It is such a pleasure to taste a wine of this caliber and distinction. Aromas of dark fruit and savory spice find seamless integration. Background tones of balsam herb, cola and licorice add a superior level of complexity. In the mouth, the wine is polished, fine and silky. The mouthfeel is thinner compared to 2011 and 2010. Otherwise, this is a fabulously elegant Brunello."
- Item #: i_305037Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "The 2012 Brunello di Montalcino Cerretalto offers a prolonged, flowing and carefully massaged drinking experience that drapes over the senses with some studied intensity and lots of intriguing complexity. This wine nails that perfect balance between power and elegance (that elusive exchange that so many winemakers hope to achieve) with effortless precision. Bold cherry fruit and spice are tightly woven together. In the mouth, the wine shows texture, depth and succulence. Generally speaking, this is not my favorite vintage in Montalcino, but this wine suddenly made me forget that thought."
- Item #: i_305454Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Wine Spectator: 93Casanova di Neri has most certainly had its share of accolades and praise with all the estate wines including the Brunello di Montalcino 'White Label', the newest project 'Tenuta Nuova' (literally translated new estate) and the small single vineyard of Cerretalto. Just to name a few, Last years 2012 'White Label' made #4 Top 100 Wine Spectator with 95 Points, the 2010 'Tenuta Nuova' received 100 points in Wine Advocate, and of course not forgetting the first time Giacomo Neri set off fireworks...the 2001 'Tenuta Nuova' making 2006 Wine Spectator Wine of the Year!
With the 2013 Classic Vintage that just arrived, we are excited to share with you another great showing of Casanova di Neri Brunello! And with the press of this vintage just ramping up, we suggest you get enough to put a few away! These wines are made to enjoy now and cellar for 25+ years.
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "It's that time of year: get your Neri on. This blockbuster Montalcino estate has released another fantastic collection of new wines, including the 2013 Brunello di Montalcino. Beautifully executed, the wine oozes forth from the glass with round, supple and velvety fruit. This Brunello Annata is luscious and deep, with millefoglie aromatic layering that peels back slowly and carefully. The mouthfeel is less elaborate compared to the estate's top expressions, but the bouquet does much to push this score into the low nineties. Some 80,000 bottles were produced."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "This is focused, with a vivid structure driving the cherry, leather, spice and earth flavors. Dusty tannins follow up, while this remains fresh on the lingering finish. Best from 2020 through 2033."
- Item #: i_305898Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 98Casanova di Neri has most certainly had its share of accolades and praise with all the estate wines including the Brunello di Montalcino 'White Label', the newest project 'Tenuta Nuova' (literally translated new estate) and the small single vineyard of Cerretalto. Just to name a few, Last years 2012 'White Label' made #4 Top 100 Wine Spectator with 95 Points, the 2010 'Tenuta Nuova' received 100 points in Wine Advocate, and of course not forgetting the first time Giacomo Neri set off fireworks...the 2001 'Tenuta Nuova' making 2006 Wine Spectator Wine of the Year!
With the 2013 Classic Vintage that just arrived, we are excited to share with you another great showing of Casanova di Neri Brunello! And with the press of this vintage just ramping up, we suggest you get enough to put a few away! These wines are made to enjoy now and cellar for 25+ years. This anniversary edition will be one of the best wine purchases you make this year.
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Casanova di Neri's 2013 Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova is celebrating its 20th anniversary (1993-2013), and a special gold-label edition of the wine was made to commemorate this important milestone. I tasted the white label for this review. This is a bold and expressive Brunello that displays tightly knit aromas of Morello cherry, spice, leather and balsam herb that are the building blocks of the most beautiful Brunellos that come to mind. The Casanova di Neri house style implies a modern and sophisticated approach for sure. But the inner spirit and texture of Sangiovese is so fine and polished in its natural state that it hardly matters. The personality of the grape shines through with a loud and confident voice."
WINE SPECTATOR 'HOT WINES' 96 POINTS - "Sweet, ripe strawberry and cherry fruit melds seamlessly with the dense, refined structure of this red. Saline, licorice and spice accents add complexity as this lingers gracefully on the finish. Terrific harmony and expression."
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "A vivid and bright red with intense blueberries and raspberries. Floral undertones and tons of citrus, too! Full-bodied, dense and layered. Polished tannins and fantastic fruit. The muscularity of the structure is what gives this wine focus and intensity. So serious for the vintage. Give it time to show its greatness. Drink in 2022."
- Item #: i_302643Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 95+WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2013 I Sodi di S. Niccolò is 85% Sangioveto (a more antique name for Sangiovese) and 15% Malvasia Nera from a single vineyard. This wine opens to a darkly saturated appearance and shows ruby, garnet and purple highlights. The bouquet is powerful but seamless at the same time with smooth transitions between dark cherry, spice, tobacco and moist clay. In the mouth, this wine shows dense extraction, but it never feels too weighed down by that mass. Instead, the freshness of the fruit and the natural acidity give the wine a bright and buoyant personality. Aged in barrique for 30 months, this is a delightful Tuscan red."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 95+ POINTS - "The flagship 2013 I Sodi di San Niccolò is classy and polished to the core. In many vintages, the I Sodi di San Niccolò can be more overt and extroverted, but in 2003 it is a wine of cool sophistication and polish. A rush of dark red and purplish-hued stone fruits, wild flowers, mint and licorice rounds out things out. The 2013 is a stylish, captivating Sodi. All it needs is time in bottle. For my money, Sodi remains one of the world's most pedigreed under-the-radar wines."
- Item #: i_305888Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 94Vinous Media: 93WINE SPECTATOR INSIDER 94 POINTS - "Purity and intensity mark this supple, complex red, bursting with black cherry, black currant, plum, graphite, sanguine and tobacco notes that show an underlying woodsy accent. The well-integrated structure lends support as this plays out on the long finish. Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Best from 2021 through 2035.—B.S."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Chianti Classico impresses for the heightened level of vibrant freshness and aromatic precision that distinguishes it in a large playing field. Proprietor Maurizia di Napoli tells me that the 2016 growing season was not without its ups and downs. Farming was difficult, and not all sites came to ripeness with the same consistency because it was cooler toward the end of the growing season. Castello dei Rampolla avoids the use of sulfites in winemaking. However, these results are stunning, especially as this is positioned as a more affordable wine. The blend is 85% Sangiovese, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Merlot."
- Item #: i_302311Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Cerbaiona's 2011 Brunello di Montalcino is one of the protagonists of the vintage. There is no denying the sheer beauty and focus of this wine. It makes a fabulous first impact with super sharp tones of wild berry, cola, balsam herb, flint and crushed oyster shell. Those drying mineral notes leave a lasting impression. In the mouth, this wine is super elegant, tight and delicately nuanced. Unfortunately, I have not had the best track record with aged Brunello from Cerbaiona (ten years or more) personally, but I am hopeful that a wine of this caliber and depth will restore my faith. No matter what the aging trajectory ultimately demonstrates, this wine certainly does taste fantastic at this young stage."
- Item #: i_305827Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92James Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS; EDITOR'S CHOICE - "Fragrant and loaded with finesse, this radiant, full-bodied red opens with enticing scents of ripe black-skinned fruit, iris, cake spice and a whiff of camphor. On the linear yet delicious palate, elegant tannins and bright acidity support succulent black cherry, plum and licorice before a lingering tobacco finish. Drink 2021–2029." - Kerin O'Keefe
WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "Like the other wines I tasted from Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona this year, I am surprised by the soft ripeness achieved in the 2014 Brunello di Montalcino. This was a cool and soggy vintage so those dark and sweet fruit flavors are counterintuitive. However, they elevate the wine to a higher intensity threshold and a more profound flavor profile. The wine offers enough crisp acidity and tannic firmness to hold it tightly together at this young stage in its lifespan."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "There’s a handy array of quite ripe red-berry and cherry aromas here that lead to a palate that has attractive red cherries with soft, earthy nuances and fine, chalky tannins. Drink now."
"To keep up our quality standards in years like these, we carefully select the grapes and make only our classic Brunello, but not our Brunello Pianrosso or our Brunello Riserva Santa Caterina d'Oro," says Paolo Bianchini, co-owner of Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona. "Our production was down 25-30% in 2014, but as a result of all the hard work, starting in the vineyards right up to bottling, we're more than satisfied with the results."
- Item #: i_302194Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "This vintage is profound and beautiful. The 2016 Cabernet Franc Duemani shows deep layers of fruit, with levels of crunchiness and complexity that make it memorable. The mouthfeel is silky, long and rich. The maturity of the fruit here is perfect. In terms of appearance, the wine is dark and impenetrable. All around, this Duemani is an extremely tight, focused and elegant expression of Cabernet Franc."
Fiercely independent and a man of mesmerizing intensity, Luca D’Attoma is one of the best winemakers in Italy. He consults with multiple clients including Le Macchiole, Tua Rita and Fattoria Le Pupille. Duemani is his personal property and winemaking follows his strict biodynamic philosophy.Azienda Agricola Duemani is the ownership property of superstar winemaker Luca d’Attoma (formerly of Tua Rita, and currently at Le Macchiole, pictured above). This winery is the perfect example of what happens when a world-class enologist finally has the chance to buy his own property. Starting completely from scratch, Luca leveled these rolling hillsides in Riparbella, just next to Bolgheri, and planted his fields mainly with his first love: Cabernet Franc. The passion Luca puts into the wines is obvious, as the project has been entirely organic/ biodynamic from the first day. With no neighboring properties, his vineyards are totally isolated from conventional farming. His vineyard density is unusually high, resulting in fruit of exceptional quality The estate is certified biodynamic by Demeter (http://www.demeter.net). As proponents of the principles of biodynamic farming, the cultivation and care of the vineyard’s soil is of the utmost importance to Luca and Elena. They employ various practices throughout the year to stimulate soil vitality and health which in turn provides beneficial nutrients and oxygen to the vines.
- Item #: i_301154Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Over the years, the wines of Tuscan winery, Felsina, have been a staple at Hi-Time Wine Cellars by wowing us with their consistent quality across the range and vintages. Domenico Poggiali was taking a big risk starting the winery in 1966 when the market for serious Chianti was nowhere near what it is today, but that helped earn them a place at the top: building a reputation bit by bit over the decades, employing the highest quality of winemaking available even when it was uncertain that it would be profitable. It doesn't hurt that they ultimately employed one of the top Italian winemaking consultants, Franco Bernabei, who played a pivotal role in the Tuscan wine renaissance!
The Felsina lineup has been particularly strong in the beautiful back-to-back 2015 & 2016 vintages in Tuscany, and the reviews are proof. Our current lineup of 2016s share a common thread: intensity of flavors, a balance of muscle and elegance in a well-structured package. They are all made from 100% Sangiovese, organically farmed, and are made in a "modern" style, with a careful use of small French oak barrels.
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "This is an excellent vintage in Chianti Classico that shows especially well in the simple, more accessible wines such as this. The 2016 Chianti Classico Berardenga delivers the power and density of its territory. The southern side of the appellation often shows the richest expressions of Sangiovese. This wine opens to sweet aromas of dark fruit, cherry and plum. The wine shows a slightly savory side as well with spice and dried terracotta that recalls the gray gravel soils of the region. Bay leaf, cola and chopped mint appear as subtle background notes."
- Item #: i_301340Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 95EU Certified Organic
In any vintage, Fontodi Chianti Classico is pure pleasure, but in 2015 it's outstanding. From its bouquet of rain-spattered flowers and cherries, to its palate of frutti di bosco and earth, this organically produced Chianti Classico is a classic, timeless rendition of Italy's favorite food-friendly wine, and its piquant acidity, juicy fruit, and smooth tannins make it a timely addition to any dinner table. Deriving from multiple vineyard sites in most vintages, in 2015 this Chianti Classico includes grapes usually designated for Flaccianello, making it perform like a "baby Flaccianello".
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Rich, packed with cherry, leather, dark chocolate and wild herb aromas and flavors. Dense and vibrant, with a long, mouthwatering finish that picks up a graphite edge. Best from 2020 through 2032. 12,000 cases made."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "The purity of fruit here really makes an impression on you. The nose shines with freshly picked blackcurrants, dark plums, freshly cut herbs, cinnamon, raspberry cheesecake, glazed cherries, orange and lemon rind. The palate is so well-crafted with a silky ball of tannins surrounded by layers of blue and red fruit and enveloping acidity. A long finish. From organically grown grapes. Drink now or hold."
- Item #: i_301104Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Vinous Media: 95The Antinori family of Florence needs little introduction and is one of the world's oldest and most distinguished wine producers. The Antinori’s respect traditions yet possess a dynamic and innovative spirit. Guado al Tasso is the flagship wine of the estate, showcasing amazing power, elegance, and balance, which make it one of the most sought after wines in the world.
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "This stunning vintage of this landmark wine marks a slight adjustment to the blend. The 2016 Bolgheri Superiore Guado Al Tasso is no longer made with Petit Verdot. The blend is now 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot and now 20% Cabernet Franc. This small change does not go unnoticed, as this wine is absolutely seamless now—like the finest Asian silk fabric. That profound textural softness and suppleness changes the way the wine smells and tastes, with hints of momentary sweetness that are more tactile than anything else. Generally speaking, the 2016 vintage offers more elegance (slightly less concentration) and a hair more freshness compared to the 2015 edition. When I tasted this wine, the bouquet was still timid, but it will no doubt become more expressive and open as this beautiful wine continues forward along its aging trajectory. Some 120,000 bottles were made, a remarkable feat considering the extreme quality on offer."
- Item #: i_305423Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Sangiovese-whisperer Alessandro Mori has delivered another superstar wine with the 2013 Brunello di Montalcino Madonna Delle Grazie. The bouquet is detailed and fine with bright accents of fragrant red rose, red currant, cola, licorice, grilled herb and crushed white peppercorn. The bouquet is loose, light and buoyant, with a smooth and natural progression of building aromas. The mouthfeel, however, is direct, important and determined. It's that playful juxtaposition between the wine's soft side and its stern side that makes this such an interesting and sensational wine to drink. Only 5,993 bottles were produced, and that's the bad news."
- Item #: i_305997Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "This is a truly sumptuous wine that stands as a tall testament to the winemaking talents of Giampaolo Motta, his vision for interpreting this vintage and his specific vineyard site in Panzano in Chianti. This standout wine brings Fattoria la Massa to a new level of accomplishment and opens an exciting new chapter of possibility. The 2013 Giorgio Primo (50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot) is dark and impenetrable on first impact. The aromas accelerate slowly and grow evenly in power and intensity after a few quick swirls of the glass. The bouquet peels back with dark fruit aromas, baking spice and Mediterranean herb. The effect is seamless and smooth. A velvety texture is accented by full-bodied richness and just enough freshness to keep the palate energized. And, of course, this is just the beginning of a long cellar life."
- Item #: i_305030Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 La Massa is a terrific blend of 65% Sangiovese, 25% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon available at an accessible price. Alicante Bouschet was used in the blend until last year but has now been removed. The results are surprisingly complex and profound, although the wine's best asset is the fresh and straightforward approach it makes, especially on the palate. That inner depth will give this wine some proper aging potential I should expect. This vintage shows lots of tension and dimension. The warm 2015 vintage shows sunny softness, but 2016 has more overall freshness."
WINEMAKER NOTES - "This full-bodied, energetic red from the Chianti Classico region of Panzano combines warm richness with balance and length that makes it widely popular year after year. Winemaker Stephane Derenoncourt, one of Bordeaux's most renowned winemakers, crafts the wine with Bordeaux influences including aging in French oak, 20% new, to produce a luscious mouth-feel. This wine is one of the best values in the market place."
- Item #: i_303434Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2013 Barbaresco Starderi Vürsù is an elegant and polished wine with a deep sense of persistence and length. The wine delivers a tight embroidery of aromas that span from dark fruit to spice, to ethereal notes of balsam herb and cola. It runs the full spectrum. That feeling of wholeness and balance is also evident in the mouth. This Barbaresco reaches impeccable balance between its solid fruit flavors, its acidity and the determined firmness of its structure."
- Item #: i_305397Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino walks a very fine line between elegance and finesse. Those may seem like two analogous terms, but this wine teaches you that they are not. The bouquet offers tonic and buoyant tones of wild berry, blueberry, dried herb and licorice. Each is elegant in its own right, but together they form a nuanced and finessed whole. Le Potazzine does very nicely in the hot vintages, but it delivers unexpected surprises (like this wine) in the cooler ones."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Heady flavors of plum, macerated cherry, sweet spices, leather and earth mark this powerful red. The dense tannins are well-matched to the fruit, texture and breadth. Exuberance wins over subtlety here. Best from 2022 through 2036."