- Item #: i_302189Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 97James Suckling: 98PRACTICING ORGANIC
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "Extremely perfumed, showing lots of rose, lavender and dark-berry character. Full body with intense density and chewiness that gives the wine great structure. Lots of flavor and focus at the finish. Needs five to six years to finish."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Barolo Gavarini Chiniera is ample, full-bodied and rich on the palate, and yet retains its explosive floral lift and brightness, two of the signatures that are such calling cards of Barolos from this Monforte site. A rush of sweet red cherry, blood orange, chalk, mint and rose petal build in a super-expressive Barolo that hits so many high notes effortlessly. The Gavarini Chiniera is one of the wines of the vintage. Don't miss it."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Gianluca Grasso did not make this wine in 2014, but in 2015, he found the vintage he was looking for. The 2015 Barolo Gavarini Chiniera is perfectly wonderful. The wine combines power with elegance, showing long determination as it wraps smoothly over the palate. The mature tannins are well integrated within a profound, ripe and round quality of dark fruit. That juicy and succulent core shows graceful notes of violet, licorice, cola, moist earth and white truffle. Grasso knew that this would be a great vintage and he nailed it."
- Item #: i_302721Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 97WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "The 2015 Barolo Bricco Delle Viole is a delicate and pure expression of Nebbiolo. The wine shows its naked beauty with pride, provocatively semi-dressed in lacy, floral aromas of wild rose and pressed violets. At this young age, the wine exhibits a gentle mix of fruity and floral characteristics that merge into the bouquet with intrepidness. The fruit from this vineyard within the Barolo township has maintained its freshness and crispness despite the heat of the 2015 growing season. I think it would be a lovely match for a veal piccata and cream sauce, with parsley and capers."
The estate of GD Vajra is situated in Vergne, the highest village in the Commune of Barolo. Its vineyards are planted with Nebbiolo, Dolcetto and Barbera at heights of 350-400 meters, which result in distinctive and aromatic wines. The Vajra family is a group of dedicated, passionate winegrowers, who are also grounded and sensitive to the human role in winemaking. Their philosophy remains faithful to the traditional and authentic wines of Piemonte, and in essence they regard themselves as the instruments that enable nature and the environment full self-expression through their wines.
- Item #: i_301499Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95+ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Barolo Ravera captures all the best the vintage has to oer. More importantly, it has that extra level of textural richness and sweetness that the Bricco delle Viole does not have, at least not today. Creamy and beautifully textured in the glass, the 2015 is a total winner. Bright red raspberry and pomegranate fruit notes are lifted, while expressive oral and blood orange overtones add brightness. The 2015 suggests that the Ravera might, in time, become the agship wine here. Don't miss it!"
- Item #: i_301660Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93Vinous Media: 92#48 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2019
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Pretty, featuring rose, cherry, raspberry and mint flavors, with a touch of mineral. Supple, harmonious and elegant, offering a long finish. The aftertaste is tinged with orange peel and tobacco notes. Best from 2021 through 2036. 4,500 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "This Barolo offers a more immediate approach, with lots of dark berry followed by spice, tilled earth and black truffle. The 2015 Barolo Albe pours to a medium dark color and lays out a mid-weight texture, with bright primary fruit that is expertly woven into the wine. It exposes clearly etched veins of acidity and some determinedly firm tannins. Despite the Albe's accessible personality, I recommend that you wait a few more years before popping the cork."
- Item #: i_305472Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Vinous Media: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A beautiful sense of resolve on the first impression with perfectly ripe red cherries taking center stage on the nose. The palate has a deliciously juicy core of fresh red cherry and berry flavor and smooth, firm and sturdy tannins. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "In increasing order of intensity and structure, we tasted Poderi Luigi Einaudi's Baroli from Cannubi, Costa Grimaldi (Terlo) and Bussia. This estate will soon add a new Barolo from the Monvigliero cru in Verduno, and that wine will probably come before Cannubi (at the start of the line) in terms of power when it is ready to be presented. The 2015 Barolo Cannubi is a finessed and light-bodied expression with a light and luminous personality that prizes red berry, cassis, blue flower and white licorice. The tannins are silky and tightly textured."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Barolo Cannubi is super-polished and elegant. Rich and ample, in the style of the year, the 2015 has quite a bit of volume, but the aromatics and silky tannins are very clearly those of Cannubi. Rose petal, sweet red cherry, blood orange, spice and mint add lovely top notes. Today, the 2015 gives the impression it will drink well early and mature at a relatively fast pace. (AG) (2/2019)
- Item #: i_303563Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 98ORGANICALLY FARMED
ANTONIO GALLONI, VINOUS 98 POINTS - "The 2015 Percarlo, the estate's 100% Sangiovese, towers in the glass with huge, dark fruit to match its powerful, vertical structure. Ample and expansive on the palate, with huge textural depth, the 2015 is a total stunner. The darker, more muscular side of Sangiovese emerges in this gorgeous, absolutely stunning wine. Black cherry, lavender, spice and smoke overtones fill out the wine's big frame effortlessly. Proprietor Luca Martini di Cigala aged the 2015 in a combination of cask and tonneau. The 2015 Percarlo is a riveting wine readers will not want to miss."
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Percarlo is a sassy and bright wine with great purity and definition. b>This is the full package for all you Sangiovese lovers out there. The wine is round and slightly soft in the middle, owing a lot to that 2015 sunshine. A deeply etched and sophisticated expression, the Percarlo takes a little while to open in the glass: This review is based on my impressions from two tasting, one right after the bottle was opened and a second about 12 hours later. Ultimately, the wine presented a 360-degree perspective onto Sangiovese, with the freshness, the softness and the succulence that you are looking for in the grape and plenty of those variety-pure aromas of purple berry, wild rose and tilled earth. The way the wine impacts the palate is of particular interest because you get fullness and extraction that is all magically rendered light and buoyant thanks to that crisp acidity."