- Item #: i_302643Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 95+WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2013 I Sodi di S. Niccolò is 85% Sangioveto (a more antique name for Sangiovese) and 15% Malvasia Nera from a single vineyard. This wine opens to a darkly saturated appearance and shows ruby, garnet and purple highlights. The bouquet is powerful but seamless at the same time with smooth transitions between dark cherry, spice, tobacco and moist clay. In the mouth, this wine shows dense extraction, but it never feels too weighed down by that mass. Instead, the freshness of the fruit and the natural acidity give the wine a bright and buoyant personality. Aged in barrique for 30 months, this is a delightful Tuscan red."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 95+ POINTS - "The flagship 2013 I Sodi di San Niccolò is classy and polished to the core. In many vintages, the I Sodi di San Niccolò can be more overt and extroverted, but in 2003 it is a wine of cool sophistication and polish. A rush of dark red and purplish-hued stone fruits, wild flowers, mint and licorice rounds out things out. The 2013 is a stylish, captivating Sodi. All it needs is time in bottle. For my money, Sodi remains one of the world's most pedigreed under-the-radar wines."
- Item #: i_301929Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93+WINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "Underbrush, tilled soil, blue flower, pipe tobacco and wild berry aromas mingle together with leather and menthol. Firmly structured and enveloping, the delicious palate doles out raspberry compote, dried cherry, baking spice and star anise, while tightly woven but fine-grained tannins provide support. It's nicely balanced, with bright acidity. It's already tempting, but hold for even more complexity. Drink 2023–2043."
- Item #: i_302333Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ORGANICALLY FARMED
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2013 Barolo Ginestra Vigna del Gris is another super-intriguing Barolo from Conterno-Fantino. Sweet, floral aromatics meld into a core of bright red stone fruit, plum, mint and white pepper. As usual, the aromatics are quite lifted, but in the last few years, the tannins from this site have shown a bit more sweetness. As always, though, the Vigna del Gris is the most slender and feminine of the Conterno-Fantino Barolos."
- Item #: i_305471Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ORGANICALLY FARMED
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 94 POINTS - "The 2013 Barolo Mosconi Vigna Ped shows the broad, ample shoulders that are typical of this south-facing site in Monforte. Scents of tar, smoke, licorice, scorched earth, dark fruit and gravel fill out the wine's large frame effortlessly. Virile, dark and muscular, with huge swaths of tannin and tons of intensity, the Vigna Ped is a superb Mosconi Barolo loaded with personality. The 2013 needs time to soften, but it is impressive."
- Item #: i_302817Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 93 POINTS - "The 2013 Barolo Arborina is another big, powerful wine. Ample and rich, with broad shoulders, the 2013 shows a much more intense side of Arborina than most wines from this site. The flavors are dark, heady and intense, all sensations that are enhanced by the wine's voluptuous texture and overall feel. It will be interesting to see if the 2013 closes down in bottle. Today, it is especially giving for a young wine."
- Item #: i_305558Bottle Size: 1.5LVinous Media: 98ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 98 POINTS - "A wine of extraordinary finesse, the 2013 Percarlo is utterly magnificent. Creamy and beautifully layered in the glass, the 2013 speaks to finesse more than the power and explosiveness that is often found here. With time in the glass, the mid-palate fleshes out and the flavors gain in intensity and darkness. When young, Percarlo is often forbiddingly tannic, but the gradual move towards larger format barrels and casks has, among other things, given the wine much more textural elegance. I can't wait to see how it ages. This is one of the most complete and strikingly beautiful wines of the vintage."
- Item #: i_301337Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "This tasting of the 2013 Barolo Lazzarito confirms just how far the wine has come along in recent vintages. Creamy, ample and potent, the 2013 offers an intriguing interplay of aromatics, fruit and structural underpinnings. Gravel, smoke, tar and dark fruit - all signatures of this Serralunga site - are front and center, but it is the wine's overall balance that is most impressive. Scorched earth, leather, smoke and graphite are some of the many notes that reapper on the finish. The 2013 is a real stunner."