- Item #: i_301929Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93+WINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "Underbrush, tilled soil, blue flower, pipe tobacco and wild berry aromas mingle together with leather and menthol. Firmly structured and enveloping, the delicious palate doles out raspberry compote, dried cherry, baking spice and star anise, while tightly woven but fine-grained tannins provide support. It's nicely balanced, with bright acidity. It's already tempting, but hold for even more complexity. Drink 2023–2043."
- Item #: i_302333Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ORGANICALLY FARMED
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2013 Barolo Ginestra Vigna del Gris is another super-intriguing Barolo from Conterno-Fantino. Sweet, floral aromatics meld into a core of bright red stone fruit, plum, mint and white pepper. As usual, the aromatics are quite lifted, but in the last few years, the tannins from this site have shown a bit more sweetness. As always, though, the Vigna del Gris is the most slender and feminine of the Conterno-Fantino Barolos."
- Item #: i_305471Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94ORGANICALLY FARMED
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 94 POINTS - "The 2013 Barolo Mosconi Vigna Ped shows the broad, ample shoulders that are typical of this south-facing site in Monforte. Scents of tar, smoke, licorice, scorched earth, dark fruit and gravel fill out the wine's large frame effortlessly. Virile, dark and muscular, with huge swaths of tannin and tons of intensity, the Vigna Ped is a superb Mosconi Barolo loaded with personality. The 2013 needs time to soften, but it is impressive."
- Item #: i_302189Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 97James Suckling: 98PRACTICING ORGANIC
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "Extremely perfumed, showing lots of rose, lavender and dark-berry character. Full body with intense density and chewiness that gives the wine great structure. Lots of flavor and focus at the finish. Needs five to six years to finish."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Barolo Gavarini Chiniera is ample, full-bodied and rich on the palate, and yet retains its explosive floral lift and brightness, two of the signatures that are such calling cards of Barolos from this Monforte site. A rush of sweet red cherry, blood orange, chalk, mint and rose petal build in a super-expressive Barolo that hits so many high notes effortlessly. The Gavarini Chiniera is one of the wines of the vintage. Don't miss it."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Gianluca Grasso did not make this wine in 2014, but in 2015, he found the vintage he was looking for. The 2015 Barolo Gavarini Chiniera is perfectly wonderful. The wine combines power with elegance, showing long determination as it wraps smoothly over the palate. The mature tannins are well integrated within a profound, ripe and round quality of dark fruit. That juicy and succulent core shows graceful notes of violet, licorice, cola, moist earth and white truffle. Grasso knew that this would be a great vintage and he nailed it."
- Item #: i_302721Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 97WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "The 2015 Barolo Bricco Delle Viole is a delicate and pure expression of Nebbiolo. The wine shows its naked beauty with pride, provocatively semi-dressed in lacy, floral aromas of wild rose and pressed violets. At this young age, the wine exhibits a gentle mix of fruity and floral characteristics that merge into the bouquet with intrepidness. The fruit from this vineyard within the Barolo township has maintained its freshness and crispness despite the heat of the 2015 growing season. I think it would be a lovely match for a veal piccata and cream sauce, with parsley and capers."
The estate of GD Vajra is situated in Vergne, the highest village in the Commune of Barolo. Its vineyards are planted with Nebbiolo, Dolcetto and Barbera at heights of 350-400 meters, which result in distinctive and aromatic wines. The Vajra family is a group of dedicated, passionate winegrowers, who are also grounded and sensitive to the human role in winemaking. Their philosophy remains faithful to the traditional and authentic wines of Piemonte, and in essence they regard themselves as the instruments that enable nature and the environment full self-expression through their wines.
- Item #: i_301499Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95+ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Barolo Ravera captures all the best the vintage has to oer. More importantly, it has that extra level of textural richness and sweetness that the Bricco delle Viole does not have, at least not today. Creamy and beautifully textured in the glass, the 2015 is a total winner. Bright red raspberry and pomegranate fruit notes are lifted, while expressive oral and blood orange overtones add brightness. The 2015 suggests that the Ravera might, in time, become the agship wine here. Don't miss it!"
- Item #: i_301660Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93Vinous Media: 92#48 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2019
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Pretty, featuring rose, cherry, raspberry and mint flavors, with a touch of mineral. Supple, harmonious and elegant, offering a long finish. The aftertaste is tinged with orange peel and tobacco notes. Best from 2021 through 2036. 4,500 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "This Barolo offers a more immediate approach, with lots of dark berry followed by spice, tilled earth and black truffle. The 2015 Barolo Albe pours to a medium dark color and lays out a mid-weight texture, with bright primary fruit that is expertly woven into the wine. It exposes clearly etched veins of acidity and some determinedly firm tannins. Despite the Albe's accessible personality, I recommend that you wait a few more years before popping the cork."
- Item #: i_305472Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Vinous Media: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A beautiful sense of resolve on the first impression with perfectly ripe red cherries taking center stage on the nose. The palate has a deliciously juicy core of fresh red cherry and berry flavor and smooth, firm and sturdy tannins. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "In increasing order of intensity and structure, we tasted Poderi Luigi Einaudi's Baroli from Cannubi, Costa Grimaldi (Terlo) and Bussia. This estate will soon add a new Barolo from the Monvigliero cru in Verduno, and that wine will probably come before Cannubi (at the start of the line) in terms of power when it is ready to be presented. The 2015 Barolo Cannubi is a finessed and light-bodied expression with a light and luminous personality that prizes red berry, cassis, blue flower and white licorice. The tannins are silky and tightly textured."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Barolo Cannubi is super-polished and elegant. Rich and ample, in the style of the year, the 2015 has quite a bit of volume, but the aromatics and silky tannins are very clearly those of Cannubi. Rose petal, sweet red cherry, blood orange, spice and mint add lovely top notes. Today, the 2015 gives the impression it will drink well early and mature at a relatively fast pace. (AG) (2/2019)
- Item #: i_302817Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 93 POINTS - "The 2013 Barolo Arborina is another big, powerful wine. Ample and rich, with broad shoulders, the 2013 shows a much more intense side of Arborina than most wines from this site. The flavors are dark, heady and intense, all sensations that are enhanced by the wine's voluptuous texture and overall feel. It will be interesting to see if the 2013 closes down in bottle. Today, it is especially giving for a young wine."
- Item #: i_301337Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "This tasting of the 2013 Barolo Lazzarito confirms just how far the wine has come along in recent vintages. Creamy, ample and potent, the 2013 offers an intriguing interplay of aromatics, fruit and structural underpinnings. Gravel, smoke, tar and dark fruit - all signatures of this Serralunga site - are front and center, but it is the wine's overall balance that is most impressive. Scorched earth, leather, smoke and graphite are some of the many notes that reapper on the finish. The 2013 is a real stunner."