Greece is one of the oldest wine-producing regions in the world. The earliest evidence of Greek wine has been dated to 6,500 years ago where wine was produced on a household or communal basis. In ancient times, as trade in wine became extensive, it was transported from end to end of the Mediterranean; Greek wine had especially high prestige in Italy under the Roman Empire. In the medieval period, wines exported from Crete, Monemvasia and other Greek ports fetched high prices in northern Europe.
- Item #: i_372514Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards are located adjacent to the villages of Pyrgos and Megalochori. Ungrafted vines over 80 years old which are not irrigated. The microclimate in Santorini is characterized as semi-desert clima, hot during the day and cooler at night. The vineyards benefit from the sea air and humidity. Aromas of lemon-lime zest and pure volcanic earth Saline Chalky Crispy acidity Minerality Long aftertaste and balanced acidity.
- Item #: i_372515Bottle Size: 750mlEnjoy a glass of Natural Orange wine from ANATOLIKOS VINEYARDS Orange/amber color with earthy and complex aromas of nuts and... roasted almonds, dried fruits, citrus jams, acacia honey, tea and spices. Soft tannins with balanced acidity, complex and lingering finish. Assyrtiko and Malagouzia.
- Item #: i_300039Bottle Size: 750mlAssyrtiko is a grape variety native to Santorini and considered by many to be the finest Greek white grape. Decanter praises this fascinating white's aromas of "sea shells, pungent lemon zest, white flowers, volcanic ash and salt notes." In the mouth they found this very dry white "mouthfilling and complex with lingering intensity." We love this white's richness balanced with crisp minerality on the finish. Try this with savory appetizers, fried calamari and grilled fish.
- Item #: i_372411Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC FARMING
Gold color with greenish tinges; complex nose with a fruity character and hints of citrus; rich mid-palate and good finish.
- Item #: i_372385Bottle Size: 750mlMany wine lovers looking for crisp dry whites with citrus and mineral flavors have discovered the grape variety Assyrtiko. The best Assyrtikos are from the volcanic Greek island of Santorini where wine has been made for thousands of years.
Decanter 2019 World Wine Awards 93 points. - Pale green-gold in colour,with finely composed and settled aromas in which the quiet, understated sour-green fruit of the Assyrtico variety mingles with the distinctive crushed or powdered yet faintly burnt stone scents of Santorini's fine tephra soils. On the palate, this is an unusually broad, structured, almost thick-textured Assyrtico with the same profoundly satisfying combination of sour-green fruit and 'mineral' wealth; the wine has a notably saline edge, too. An outstanding summary of this unique terroir.
- Item #: i_372342Bottle Size: 750mlAn aromatic white wine variety, Malagouzia, has been brought back to the center of attention by winemakers such as Vourvoukeli. This 100% Malagouzia is well rounded and full of freshness and acidity. All Vourvoukeli wines are organically farmed.