The Australian wine industry is the world's fourth largest exporter of wine with approximately 750 million litres a year to the international export market with only about 40% of production consumed domestically. Wine is produced in every state, with more than 60 designated wine regions totaling approximately 160,000 hectares; however Australia's wine regions are mainly in the southern, cooler parts of the country, with vineyards located in South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, Tasmania and Queensland. The wine regions in each of these states produce different wine varieties and styles that take advantage of the particular terroir such as: climatic differences, topography and soil types. With the major varieties being predominantly Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Semillon, Pinot noir, Riesling, and Sauvignon Blanc. Wines are often labeled with the name of their grape variety, which must constitute at least 85 percent of the wine.
- Item #: i_383703Bottle Size: 750mlOne of the Top 100 Wineries in the World, located in the cooler Yarra Valley. One of Australia's best Chardonnays at this price point. Sourced from the 5 best Giant Steps vineyards, this is a blend of their finest grapes An intense Chardonnay that was gently matured on oak for 7 months. Apricot, white peach, grapefruit flavours along with a long, mineral finish A truly wonderful Chardonnay that is perfect with friends. Great to accompany poultry, pork and Asian foods.
- Item #: i_377252Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine is a spectacular example of how Shiraz, Merlot and Cabernet can be blended together to create flavors that complement each other so well. Lavish aromas of chocolate, cherry and vanilla cream, lead to a palate of deep plum, spice and liquorice. With soft, integrated tannins and lingering flavors, this is an opulent wine and seriously delicious.
- Item #: i_381437Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93Sourced from a small selection of our favourite Semillon blocks, the grapes were both hand and machine picked before gentle pressing and fermentation in stainless steel tanks. The wine then spent a few months on yeast lees to gain extra complexity and mouth feel.
A lifted nose showing citrus freshness, the palate continues with fresh citrus and concentrated grapefruit flavours. The palate is light to medium bodied with a perfect balance of fruit and soft acid. In a vintage of this quality, all of our Semillon ended up with an “A” grade and we are incredibly pleased with the release of this Hunter Valley Semillon, easily our best yet.
- Item #: i_378513Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Such clarity, purity and depth here. This is surely a benchmark for the band of pedigree Barossa grenache, delivered right on the apex of quality and value. Vibrant raspberries, cherries and red plums flood the nose and palate and the chassis of fruit-tannin is sleekly cut. Fresh, juicy resolve."
- Item #: i_377377Bottle Size: 750MLMost probably are unaware that the folks at Yalumba have established themselves as one of the World's leading producers of Viognier. Through years of planting different clones in various soil types and thoughtful experimentation, Yalumba has figured out how to produce the best possible Viognier wines. Their "Y Series" impresses with its distinctive nose of honeysuckle, lemon and lychee that continues on to a medium-bodied and flavorful palate that's delicious and quite light on its feet. Definitely one of the best examples of Viognier you're likely to come across at the price point.
- Item #: i_381440Bottle Size: 750mlNO ADDED SULFITES & BIODYNAMIC
The PF Shiraz is made from grapes grown on our certified biodynamic single-estate vineyard, grown without herbicides, fungicides or synthetic chemicals. It is made without additions of any kind: sulphur (preservative), acid, tannin or finings.
Our goal is an early drinking, fresh and vibrant wine, and this one is on song. It's got lots of lifted violet aromas, with fresh cherries and plums, with a soft and juicy palate and fine elegant tannins. - Peter Fraser, Winemaker.