- Item #: i_350728Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95Vinous Media: 95+VINOUS 95+ POINTS - "One of the wines of the vintage, the 2014 Canon La Gaffelière is explosive, lifted and aristocratic in its breeding. Bright Cabernet Franc aromatics give the wine its signature lift and precision. Raspberry jam, rose petal, mint, blood orange, tobacco and pomegranate build slowly on the palate, leading to a super-expressive, finely knit finish. Powerful yet also impeccably refined, the 2014 has it all. The 2014 is 55 % Merlot, 37 % Cabernet Franc and 8 % Cabernet Sauvignon. Don't miss it."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "This cuts a wide swath, with mouthwatering tobacco and warm ganache notes leading the way, followed by a wave of fig, blackberry and black currant preserves. Shows remarkable definition already, even though the structure is strident. Tempting now, but just put this in the back of the cellar. Best from 2020 through 2035."
- Item #: i_351526Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97WINE ADVOCATE 95-97 POINTS - "The 2014 Clos de Tart Grand Cru will contain 40% whole bunch fruit in the final. It was picked from September 17 until September 22. This blend that I tasted included the young vines at the bottom of the vineyard that may or may not be deselected to make a Forge de Tart (the decision will be made next year). It is also the first vintage that does not include old vines at the northwest corner that were pulled up in spring 2014, due to be replanted in four years' time. It has a very well defined bouquet with cranberry and wild strawberry fruit, fine mineral tones and is quite harmonious with hints of wet limestone. The palate is medium-bodied and I feel this has tightened up since I tasted it in September 2015. The fruit also seems a little darker. Blackberry and wild cherry, with a hint of cola and certainly more tangible mineralité on the finish, as you can feel the mouth tingling long after it has bid adieu. Readers will be aware that I tasted the 2014 back in September at retiring winemaker Sylvain Pitiot's retirement do. Nevertheless I thought it would be appropriate to return a couple of months later to taste with new winemaker, Jacques Devauges. It also gave me a chance to walk down through the vineyard from Laurent Ponsot's winery and get a feel for the terroir - bracing it was too as I tramped through the vines to quizzical stares of those doing the first pruning of the vines."
DRECANTER 96 POINTS - "Vibrant, ripe blackberry plus delicate notes of rose, a gorgeously silky texture and sweet-spice finish. I tasted the seven parcels that make up this final wine and it is clear that there's a sensational synergy in the blending."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS - OUTSTANDING! - "There is whiff of new wood framing the intensely floral-suffused nose and in particular rose petal and lavender that add elegance to the fresh mix of mostly red and dark currant scents that are trimmed in discreet earth hints. There is a lovely sense of energy to the moderately dense middle weight plus flavors that culminate in a dusty, palate coating and beautifully long finish. This is already completely harmonious and should make for terrific drinking for years to come."
- Item #: i_351016Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 POINTS-OUTSTANDING!: "The intensely floral-suffused nose reveals notes of lavender, rose petal and lilac along with plenty of spice elements on the mostly dark berry fruit aromas. There is notably more volume to the equally pure medium weight plus flavors that positively vibrate with energy and minerality before culminating in a harmonious and beautifully well-balanced finale. This marvelously complex effort really builds from the mid-palate as the finish is sneaky long."
- Item #: i_352928Bottle Size: 750mlFrom a 3 hectare vineyard in the shape of natural amphitheatre at the foot of the Pyrenees in Jurançon. Dagueneau’s makes a limited number of bottles of dry wine from these beloved Jurancon hectares. The aim is to produce a wine that brings out the natural minerality of the soil and have balance, harmony and longevity. Concentrated, racy and extremely memorable.
- Item #: i_354239Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Cardamom and pine needle notes are exotic on the nose of this finely meshed white. Light- to medium-bodied and zesty, with vibrant acidity married to flavors of baked peach, almond biscotti and candied orange zest. The graceful finish shows a lasting tang of salinity. Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Beurrot, Muscat and Pinot Noir."
- Item #: i_345431Bottle Size: 750MLROBERTPARKER.COM 93 POINTS: "Tasted blind at the Burgfest 2014 tasting, the 2014 Volnay 1er Cru Les Santenots-du-Milieu from Comtes Lafon is blessed with a sensual bouquet with plenty of dark cherry and blueberry fruit, maybe a slight malic scent just underneath. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy red berry fruit, a fine line of acidity, fresh and tensile with impressive mineralité coming through toward the finish. This is a stylish, well-crafted Santenots that should age well in bottle and may eventually merit a higher score. Tasted September 2017."
- Item #: i_399922Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 - 94 POINTS - "This is a structured wine, with solid, smoky tannins. It has a strong core of dryness, tough at the edges even if rich in the middle. Blackberries and dark plum skins dominate the fruit flavors. It is going to develop well, although slowly.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2014 Grand-Mayne has a fragrant bouquet, perhaps more refined than in recent years with dried rose petals and incense fusing with the red berry fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, crisp acidity and a gentle build towards a vivid, lightly spiced finish that maintains impressive delineation, perhaps less extracted and more precise than wines of the past. This is a superb Grand-Mayne that represents a subtle change in tack for the estate—one that this writer approves of. Tasted on three occasions and consistent every time."
- Item #: i_322316Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 90BURGHOUND 90 POINTS- OUTSTANDING! - "A well-layered and appealingly fresh combination features various red berries, floral, earth, herbal tea and sauvage hints. There is fine richness to the lively, intense and mineral-driven medium weight flavors that exhibit a distinct salinity on the beautifully complex, well-balanced and firm finale. Good stuff."
- Item #: i_350079Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91-94 POINTS- OUTSTANDING! - "The perfumed, cool and airy nose is attractively elegant with its mix of red and dark currant, sandalwood, violet and lilac scents. The polished and equally cool middle weight flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel thanks to the fine grain of the tannins along with ample minerality on the mildly austere, balanced and strikingly persistent finale. This is a classic Beaux Monts with an ultra-sophisticated mouth feel though note that this will need a few years of cellar time to fully harmonize."
- Item #: i_352105Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Wine Spectator: 98Vinous Media: 95James Suckling: 97WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS - "Honeysuckle, verbena and chamomile aromas stream out first, followed by a remarkably creamy core of yellow apple, white peach, heather honey and warm mirabelle plum notes. Hazelnut oil and brioche line the finish, adding considerable length. Despite all the lushness and depth, this manages to maintain a sense of tension and precision as well. Amazing wine."
- Item #: i_345629Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92 - 95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS -"Don't Miss - Outstanding! This is also gorgeously spicy with ripe and very fresh black cherry, red currant and sandalwood aromas. There is superb intensity to the overtly mineral-driven and beautifully delineated middle weight flavors that are shaped by a very firm but not hard tannic spine as there is good phenolic maturity here. I very much like the balance of the long and quite serious finale that is an exercise in harmony, indeed this could aptly be described as quite Zen-like. In a word, brilliant."
- Item #: i_344052Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91ROBERTPARKER.COM 91 POINTS: "The 2014 Latour-Martillac has an attractive bouquet with intense blackberry, briary, warm gravel and balsamic notes that are very well defined and evoke Pessac-Léognan through and through. The palate is medium-bodied with supple, ripe tannin. It feels gentle in the mouth, not structured but fleshy and full, fanning out with crushed strawberry, red cherry and white pepper towards the satisfying finish. This is early drinking compared to its peers, yet well crafted. Could it have striven for more? Yes, probably."
- Item #: i_333022Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS: "“The currant and berry character with hints of chocolate is impressive on the nose. Full body, tangy acidity and soft and velvety tannins. It’s rich and satisfying. Second wine of Pichon Baron.”
- Item #: i_345631Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 94Vinous Media: 91-92BURGHOUND 94 POINTS: "A discreet application of wood is present on the exceptionally spicy nose of equally pure, cool and airy extract of red and dark berry fruit, violet and Asian-style tea aromas. There is good size and weight to the tautly muscled but suave, intense and detailed medium weight plus flavors that are underpinned by firm tannins and evident minerality on the succulent and mouth coating finish. This is perhaps a bit richer than it normally is at this early stage and should be approachable a bit earlier than usual but overall 2014 is a fantastic vintage for the Drouhin PM. Highly recommended."
eROBERTPARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Vosne Romanée 1er Cru les Petits Monts was picked on September 16 and contains 20% whole cluster fruit. Due to be bottled next spring, it has a very fragrant, quite floral bouquet with black cherries, blueberry, minerals and rose petals -- very seductive and detailed. The palate is medium-bodied with svelte, quite lush black fruit, saline in the mouth with very fine tannins interlacing the finish. This is beautiful Petits Monts from Drouhin."
VINOUSMEDIA 91-92 POINTS: "(from a crop level of 28 hectoliters per hectare): Healthy red-ruby. Deeply pitched aromas of dark fruits, licorice and menthol reminded me a bit of Richebourg. Bone-dry and uncompromising in the mouth, with concentrated, well-delineated mineral and floral flavors dominating in the early going. Finishes with serious but fine-grained tannins and lovely floral persistence. Serious, firm and built to age." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_379329Bottle Size: 750MLcépage 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay
assemblage 100% 2014
village/vyd all Coeur de Cuvée and old vine sélection massale; 40% Pinot Noir from Mareuil-sr-Aÿ 1er Cru (Faubourg D’enfer, Croix Blanche, Pruche, Haut de Varille); 20% Pinot Noir from Aÿ Grand Cru (Cheuzelles, Pierre Robert, Le Leon, Pruche); 30% Chardonnay from Mareuil-sr-Aÿ 1er Cru (Beauregard, Ramonette, Buisson Saint Loup, Clef); 10% Chardonnay from Oiry Grand Cru and Chouilly Grand Cru
Jean-Paul Hébrart has been making some of the very finest wines in the Marne Valley for many years. They have long been favorites of ours. Peter Liem recently, said "Hébrart's wines just keep getting better and better. He's easily one of the best growers in Champagne." Hébrart's wines straddle ripe fruit character and intense soil expression, making them both complex and approachable. They are the wines you drink with people who think that they don't like Champagne.
- Item #: i_321908Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2014 Brut Nature Spécial Club Blanc de Noirs L'Ineffable is ample, broad, creamy, not to mention incredibly delicious. The interplay of Pinot richness with Verzy energy yields a truly compelling Champagne with a lot of character. A bit of time in the glass brings out the wine's striking inner perfume. Mirabelle plum, kirsch and wild flowers scream of Pinot in this striking Champagne from Mouzon-Leroux. Dosage is 1.5 grams per liter. Disgorged: July, 2019.
- Item #: i_378249Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 90Like all of Paul Bara’s releases, Pinot Noir is the back-bone of their Special Club. Production is strictly old-school, with only free run and first press juice used, fermentation in small cement tanks, and aging and riddling in cold, extremely deep cellars for several years. Nothing is released until ready. Each year, the Special Club represents the pinnacle of the Bara process and style. Superlatives seem to be insufficient when describing the experience of savoring a glass of this Champagne. It simply has it all—refined hazel-nutty, toasty notes, bright acidity, some of the most delicate bubbles ever created, and a finish that lasts and lasts (sometimes longer than the bottle does).
Clark z. Terry, Kermit Lynch wine merchant
- Item #: i_379358Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Disgorged in July 2018 with five grams per liter dosage, the 2014 Brut 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Gastronome is showing beautifully, bursting from the glass with an expressive bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, Anjou pear, warm bread and fresh peach. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, fleshy but fine boned, with ripe but racy acids, a pretty core of fruit and an elegantly chalky finish."
- Item #: i_378663Bottle Size: 750MLThe champagne Spécial Club 2010 from PIERRE GIMONNET & FILS is a great champagne. Its terroir is the greatest of the House, and the ultimate vintage. This 100% Chardonnay champagne is elaborated from a precise blend of the oldest vines (more than 40 years old), with a majority of Cramant Grand Cru. Vintage Cuvée "Special Club" 2010 offers a great balanced between its various Chadonnay origins, with a weak sugar dosage (5 grs per liter). But this mainly Cramant cuvée perfectly expresses this style : very complex with a great elegance ans fineness.