- Item #: i_333841Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93-96 POINTS: "Shows a tight nose, but manages to convey pure, fresh notes of red fruit and violet. Almost sleek, with fine-grained tannins carrying the red currant paste and iron accents. The plum skin-tinged finish sings, displaying remarkable integration already. A very impressive showing today. Tasted non-blind." –JM
ROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS: "This quintessentially finesse-styled Margaux exhibits notes of pure black currants, spring flowers, graphite and forest floor. With supple tannins and medium body, this pretty, stylish effort reminds me of the 2001 or perhaps a modern day, improved version of their 1979. The lovely 2012 should be drinkable in 4-5 years and last for two decades."
- Item #: i_374901Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS-"Incredibly fresh and vibrant, this stunning Champagne weaves a tightly knit skein of ripe pear and tangy yellow plum fruit flavors together, with accents of rich pastry cream, toasted brioche, elderflower, ground cardamom and coffee liqueur. Shows a beautiful texture. A thread of salinity winds through to the lasting finish. Disgorged fall 2013. Drink now through 2029. 832 cases made."
- Item #: i_350427Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 97James Suckling: 97WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "Incredible nose of crushed berry, licorice, violets and lightly toasted oak. Pure crème de cassis. Full-bodied, with big, velvety tannins and a long, long finish. Solid. Best after 2011."
JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS - "This is more exotic and monstrous than the 2000. It is like a muscle builder, with lots of round and rich tannins and a core of dark fruits like black cherries and blueberries. Still very young, but structured and in need of five more years. Don’t touch this until 2015."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "An incredibly fresh, lively 2003 (the pH is only 3.6 and the alcohol is 13.1%), this wine offers a dense ruby/purple color along with full body and a remarkable nose of black currants, kirsch, lead pencil shavings and vanilla. Opulent, full-bodied and close to full maturity, it is a seamless classic that will age for 15-20 more years. Kudos to the Delon family for such a brilliant achievement in a tricky vintage."
- Item #: i_351501Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 95WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The spectacular 2003 Leoville Poyferre exhibits a dense purple color with a touch of lightening at the edge as well as notes of creosote, barbecue smoke, jammy black currants, licorice and spice box. This intense, voluptuously textured, full-bodied St.-Julien possesses low acidity and ripe tannin. Still fresh and exuberant, it is just entering its plateau of full maturity where it should remain for 10-15+ years."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "A huge, opulent wine that packs sweet, rich tannins and spicy fruit. In the midst of all this decadence, though, is a kernel of tannic dryness. This estate, long the weakest of the three Lèoville wines, is now back in top form."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "I love the rich and opulent nose to this with flowers, plums and currants. Full and powerful with great freshness and balance. Still a little tight, yet dense and intense. Wonderful wine through and through. Leave it alone for five or six years still. Pull the cork after 2016."
- Item #: i_350446Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "Made from a blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 31% Merlot and 4% Petit Verdot, this spectacular 2003 hits all the sweet spots on the palate. A glorious bouquet of cedarwood, jammy black currants, cherries, licorice and truffle is followed by a dense, opulently textured, full-bodied wine with terrific purity and freshness as well as deep, velvety textured tannins. Enjoy this beauty over the next 10-12 years."
- Item #: i_351899Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS: "The spectacular 2003 Pontet Canet is still incredibly young and vigorous. This full-bodied classic boasts a dense purple color as well as a superb nose of graphite, creme de cassis, forest floor, licorice and a hint of truffles, low acidity, and extravagant richness. Most of the tannins have been resolved in this superstar of the vintage. It should continue to drink well for 10-15+ years."