- Item #: i_377200Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS-Honey, pastry dough and spice accents lace the patisserie plum and pear fruit in this rich Champagne, while vibrant acidity and a lacy mousse carry the flavor range to a long, zesty finish. Drink now through 2026. 1,400 cases made." -AN (09/17)
- Item #: i_352215Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS: "Sweetly ripe black fruits in the nose of the Ponsot 2006 Clos de La Roche Cuvee Vieilles Vignes prepare the way for a more succulently, generously sweet fruit, plush texture, and generally sunny disposition than that presented by the corresponding Clos St.-Denis. Ripe cherry and red currant flood the creamy, silken palate with sweetness, while some of the same notes of citrus oil, floral perfume (here iris), and peat as exhibited in the Clos St.-Denis swirl about, too. Saline, chalky suggestions help offer contrast and a sounding board to the fruit, and this finishes with exhilarating lift, riveting interplay, and phenomenal length. Here is a combination of textural allure and backbone for which velvet gloves and iron fists seem inappropriately mundane -- not merely archaic -- metaphors. Blind -- I must confess (and did, to Ponsot) -- that I would more likely have guessed this to be Musigny than Clos de la Roche. In an extreme instance of a phenomenon shared by many of the best 2006s, I find this irresistible now; find it hard to imagine its having ornery or sulking phases; yet expect it will be worth following for 20 years."
- Item #: i_351081Bottle Size: 750mlSTEPHEN TANZER 95 POINTS - "Bright, dark red. Pure but subdued aromas of raspberry, minerals, rose petal and flinty stone. Wonderfully suave on entry, then vibrant and sappy in the middle, with pungent raspberry and crushed stone flavors boasting outstanding density and freshness. Mounts impressively on the back half, finishing with outstanding lift and perfume and broad, fine-grained tannins that reach the front teeth. Exciting wine."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS - "This terrific effort has evolved beautifully and still closely resembles my original tasting note from 2008 with its knockout nose that is classic Amoureuses as it combines seductive spice and a ripe blend of red, black and blue fruit aromas that are displaying hints of maturity. There is good richness and a lovely minerality to the naturally sweet, fresh and energetic medium full flavors that are supple, classy, balanced and beautifully persistent. For my taste this could be drunk now with pleasure though there is some remaining upside potential remaining and as such I would advise holding the '06 Amoureuses for another 2 to 3 years first. A first rate example."
- Item #: i_376847Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 95WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS- A stunner, with mouthwatering vibrancy and focus married to all of the opulence of a great 2006 Champagne. Richly fragrant, offering nutmeg, cardamom, jasmine, lemongrass, espresso and grilled nut notes enmeshed in a core of black currant and tangerine fruit flavors. Beautifully creamy and complex, this glides across the palate on the long, lasting finish. Drink now through 2030."- (AN)(12/2019)
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS-" Krug's superb 2006 Brut, which will be released this year, numbers among the vintage's high points, unfurling in the glass with a complex and expressive bouquet of tarte tatin, warm biscuits, ginger, honeycomb, dried white flowers, smoke and toasted nuts. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, broad and textural, with a fleshy attack that reflects the warm vintage but segues into a beautifully vibrant palate that's deep and surprisingly reserved, displaying superb definition, delicately chalky structure and a long, lively finish. While this is a powerful vintage Krug, it's also beautifully balanced and will give immense pleasure for decades."-(04/19)
- Item #: i_325832Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS-"Aromas and flavors of toasted brioche and grilled nut enrich the yellow plum, nectarine and grated ginger notes of this rich and creamy Champagne. Finely woven and beautifully integrated, with a firm backbone of mouthwatering acidity providing precise balance for the lush range of flavor. Drink now through 2029. 14,000 cases made, 1,800 cases imported."