- Item #: i_376921Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Super attractive lemon essence and lime pickle on the nose, with toasty warmth and some bright, almost tropical fruits. The palate has a very open and appealing feel. Deep flavors are delivered in a generous sweeping texture, with toasty rise at the finish."
- Item #: i_353086Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Tasted single blind against its peers. Under blind conditions, the Yquem 2007 shines like a diamond. Nevertheless, it is initially rather taciturn on the nose, eventually opening up beautifully with touches of lemon curd, Mirabelle, and clear honey. The palate is medium-bodied with very fine definition and there seems to be a great deal of energy and vigor dispensed for your pleasure. There is such race and nervosity, and then that finish just purrs with harmony and focus. This Yquem feels just so alive and vivacious, yet there is an effortless quality here that is unmatched by its peers."
- Item #: i_350155Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "The wood treatment has been almost completely integrated and allows the similar but more reserved, riper and more densely fruited and floral-suffused nose to display its charms while leading to elegant, pure and every bit as serious formidably-scaled flavors brimming with dry extract on the textured, concentrated and palate staining finish that seems to go on and on. Like the regular cuvée, there is less youthful austerity here than I'm used to seeing with more overall depth of material. A terrific '07 but note that ample patience will be required."
- Item #: i_351083Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "Initially there was some mild reduction present but some aggressive aeration allowed the notably stylish aromas of spice, red berry fruit, herbal tea and a hint of wood to express themselves. There is a lovely sense of detail to the supple, intense and focused middle weight flavors that display good if not truly special complexity on the balanced and solidly lingering finish. As is the case with many '07s today this is a lighter version of the appellation which would allow it to be enjoyed now even in magnum format. However, for my taste I would suggest holding this for another 6 to 10 years first to allow for more overall depth to develop."
- Item #: i_328805Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS -"Hints of toast and lime blossom on the nose accent the palate's apricot, lemon pastry, candied ginger and crystallized honey flavors in this rich and creamy blanc de blancs. Firm and finely balanced by a china-like frame of acidity, with the finish echoing hints of smoke, coffee liqueur and spice. Disgorged September 2017. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_353186Bottle Size: 3 LiterWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The sensational 2007 Gigondas Les Terraces de Diable reveals gloriously sweet black cherry and black raspberry fruit intermixed with notions of licorice, loamy soil, and roasted herbs. With terrific fruit density, a full-bodied richness, and striking elegance and precision, it should drink well for 15 or more years."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Polished and pure, with delicious layers of plum sauce, braised fig and melted licorice that glide through the dense but silky-textured finish. Hints of graphite and incense lurk in the background. Long, with buried minerality. Should age nicely. Grenache, Mourvèdre and Clairette. Drink now through 2015."
- Item #: i_378681Bottle Size: 750mlPETER LEIM 2 1/2 STARS-"Lassaigne blends his vintage cuvée from the vineyards of Le Cotet, Les Paluets and La Grande Côte, all from parcels that were planted in the 1950s and 1960s. The 2007 shows a lovely balance between ripe fruit and tense acidity, feeling rich in texture yet racy in structure. The flavors of mango, peach and exotic citrus are vibrant and complex, persisting on the finish with fragrant length and vivid detail. The best versions of this cuvée are those that are relatively plush, and this one strikes a fine harmony. Last tasted: 9/16."
- Item #: i_351122Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 95 PointsDecanter: 95 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The 2007 Léoville-Las Cases is beautiful. Offering a youthful, tight style at first, it opens up nicely with time in the glass and gives up classic notes of crème de cassis, cedar pencil, graphite, and tobacco. With a medium to full-bodied, elegant, concentrated style and the sweet tannin of the vintage, it’s approachable today but will keep for another 15+ years. It’s a terrific wine in the vintage."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS AND
WINE ADOCATE 92 POINTS
- Item #: i_347290Bottle Size: 750mlFrederic and his brother, Rodolphe, are the fourth generation to lead their estate. The domaine was founded in 1919 by their great-grandfather but they never bottled Champagne under their own name. For generations, the Minières preferred to sell all of their fruit to larger houses. Frederic Minière worked with Anselme Selosse for two harvests in the late 90s. It was then that Fred fell in love with barrel aged Champagne and saw the benefits of organic viticulture. At the time, he was in the middle of his oenology studies and was at an impressionable age. This experience was formative for him and it convinced him to bottle Champagnes under his family name. This dream would not be realized until 2007 when his father retired and the two brothers were able to chart a new course for the domaine. “If I hadn’t met Anselme I would not be making the wines I make today.”
This blened which is based on the 2010 harvest is composed of 30% Pinot Noir, 30% Pinot Meunier, and 20% Chardonnay with 15% Reserve Wine from 2008.
- Item #: i_375863Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS-"There are pure chalk and lemon juice notes intertwined with perfectly ripe, sunny white and yellow-fleshed fruit expressions (even hints of pineapples) on the bright, fresh, subtle but most of all highly elegant and nobly expressive nose. Altogether, that makes the 2007 Blanc de Blancs Le Mesnil Brut an outstanding Salon that already shows its class without any reservation but also without any compromises to its refined and terroir-driven style. Compared to the powerful and structured 2006 that, from my memories, showed wet chalk flavors but almost no fruit in its youth, the weightless and delicate 2007 is a coolish, elegant and smoky gentleman dressed in a white tie and silk hat—Max Raabe singing Berlin chansons from the 1920s! The performance on the palate is pure yet concentrated, fresh and linear, very elegant and perfectly balanced, but most of all, it is extremely fine and stimulating! There is a chalky-dusty texture in the aftertaste that makes this a great Salon with sublime finesse and elegance. Lovely lemon flavors are displayed on the pure, fresh and concentrated finish. The radiant 2007 Salon is one of the greatest Champagnes I have had from this vintage. 57,000 bottles produced. Tasted from lot L93 SQ 28218 U in November 2018."