- Item #: i_322302Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Tasted single blind against its peers. Chateau Climens always tends to go into its shell after bottling, which is probably why I was not dishing out an even higher score to this still, spellbinding Barsac. The 2007 is endowed with a lovely bouquet: very pure with honey, a touch of orange-blossom and a touch of quince. The palate is very well-balanced with great purity and a dash of spice as well as a lovely viscous, botrytis-laden finish that possesses awesome weight and persistency. This is a slice of heaven in a glass, but it definitely needs time to reveal its true potential. Tasted January 2011."
- Item #: i_350155Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "The wood treatment has been almost completely integrated and allows the similar but more reserved, riper and more densely fruited and floral-suffused nose to display its charms while leading to elegant, pure and every bit as serious formidably-scaled flavors brimming with dry extract on the textured, concentrated and palate staining finish that seems to go on and on. Like the regular cuvée, there is less youthful austerity here than I'm used to seeing with more overall depth of material. A terrific '07 but note that ample patience will be required."
- Item #: i_351083Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "Initially there was some mild reduction present but some aggressive aeration allowed the notably stylish aromas of spice, red berry fruit, herbal tea and a hint of wood to express themselves. There is a lovely sense of detail to the supple, intense and focused middle weight flavors that display good if not truly special complexity on the balanced and solidly lingering finish. As is the case with many '07s today this is a lighter version of the appellation which would allow it to be enjoyed now even in magnum format. However, for my taste I would suggest holding this for another 6 to 10 years first to allow for more overall depth to develop."
- Item #: i_328805Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS -"Hints of toast and lime blossom on the nose accent the palate's apricot, lemon pastry, candied ginger and crystallized honey flavors in this rich and creamy blanc de blancs. Firm and finely balanced by a china-like frame of acidity, with the finish echoing hints of smoke, coffee liqueur and spice. Disgorged September 2017. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_353983Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "The Domaine de Courcel owns a large part of the heart of the Epenots vineyard, within the walls of a clos. This is a wine with a solid structure, cherry and spice flavors, an elegant feel to go with the ripe berry fruits. It is very balanced, the tannins a great support to the fruit."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS *Outstanding* - "Here the nose is notably ripe and quite densely fruited with a mix of underbrush, warm earth, game and red currant aromas that introduce dense, serious, robust, indeed even burly flavors that are quite primary and culminate in a very firm finish that delivers excellent length. In contrast to the approachability of the Fremiers, this clearly needs time in bottle."
VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Good deep red. Sexy aromas of dark cherry, spices, minerals and underbrush, with a whiff of truffle. Juicy, peppery and aromatic in the mouth, with firm acidity for the year-especially for fruit picked later than most other vineyards in Pommard. This really spreads out to coat the palate on the back end, finishing with dusty, fine-grained tannins and excellent length."
- Item #: i_347290Bottle Size: 750mlFrederic and his brother, Rodolphe, are the fourth generation to lead their estate. The domaine was founded in 1919 by their great-grandfather but they never bottled Champagne under their own name. For generations, the Minières preferred to sell all of their fruit to larger houses. Frederic Minière worked with Anselme Selosse for two harvests in the late 90s. It was then that Fred fell in love with barrel aged Champagne and saw the benefits of organic viticulture. At the time, he was in the middle of his oenology studies and was at an impressionable age. This experience was formative for him and it convinced him to bottle Champagnes under his family name. This dream would not be realized until 2007 when his father retired and the two brothers were able to chart a new course for the domaine. “If I hadn’t met Anselme I would not be making the wines I make today.”
This blened which is based on the 2010 harvest is composed of 30% Pinot Noir, 30% Pinot Meunier, and 20% Chardonnay with 15% Reserve Wine from 2008.
- Item #: i_375863Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS-"There are pure chalk and lemon juice notes intertwined with perfectly ripe, sunny white and yellow-fleshed fruit expressions (even hints of pineapples) on the bright, fresh, subtle but most of all highly elegant and nobly expressive nose. Altogether, that makes the 2007 Blanc de Blancs Le Mesnil Brut an outstanding Salon that already shows its class without any reservation but also without any compromises to its refined and terroir-driven style. Compared to the powerful and structured 2006 that, from my memories, showed wet chalk flavors but almost no fruit in its youth, the weightless and delicate 2007 is a coolish, elegant and smoky gentleman dressed in a white tie and silk hat—Max Raabe singing Berlin chansons from the 1920s! The performance on the palate is pure yet concentrated, fresh and linear, very elegant and perfectly balanced, but most of all, it is extremely fine and stimulating! There is a chalky-dusty texture in the aftertaste that makes this a great Salon with sublime finesse and elegance. Lovely lemon flavors are displayed on the pure, fresh and concentrated finish. The radiant 2007 Salon is one of the greatest Champagnes I have had from this vintage. 57,000 bottles produced. Tasted from lot L93 SQ 28218 U in November 2018."
- Item #: i_376780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 06Wine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS-"This harmonious rosé Champagne offers quiet grace, with a pleasing juiciness to the sleek acidity, framing finely knit flavors of raspberry, peach, brioche and candied pink grapefruit zest. Showing a raw silk–like texture, this caresses the palate through to the fresh, ginger-laced finish. Drink now through 2027. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 550 cases imported."
- Item #: i_350901Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95"I really admired these wines from Romain and Virginie Taupenot. What I loved was the purity of fruit, the way that any over-exuberance of over-ripeness was mastered. What marks the 2015s is a consistency across the board." - Neal Martin, Wine Advocate
Located in the village of Morey St Denis, Domaine Taupenot-Merme is now run by the 7th generation, Romain and Virginie Taupenot. The Domaine is spread quite widely throughout the Cote, boasting 13 hectares of vines over 20 appellations, striking a good balance between Grand Cru, Premiers Cru and Village wines. The wines produced by Taupenot-Merme in 2015 outperformed most of their peers at all quality levels.
The Domaine moved to organic viticulture in 2001, with a winemaking approach which is very hands off. All grapes are destemmed before spending 7 days in a cold soak with minimal pumpovers. Fermentation occurs naturally with indigenous yeasts before the grapes are pressed. Ageing is between 12 to 14 months on fine lees and no racking, with Grand Cru wines seeing 40% new oak, 30% for 1er Crus and about 20% for Village wines. The wines are then bottled with neither fining nor filtration. The resulting wines display beautiful aromatics, plenty of finesse and energy as well as fantastic balance.
WINE ADOVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "The 2015 Corton-Rognet Grand Cru has a fragrant bouquet with blackberry, raspberry preserve, crushed rose petals and just a hint of blood orange, quite sophisticated in style for a Corton-Rognet. The palate is medium-bodied with juicy tannin on the entry. This does not shortchange you on fruit: blackberry, raspberry and a pinch of white pepper, leading to a structured and quite grippy finish that like Taupernot-Merme's other 2015s, manages to retain impressive freshness and elegance. It has an incredibly long aftertaste, over a minute in the mouth and you can still feel this. Highly recommended."
BURGHOUND 91-94 POINTS - "Like the Pruliers the brooding and inexpressive nose is distinctively sauvage-inflected on the earthy and softly spiced red and dark cherry-scented aromas. There is fine richness to the textured and unusually refined middle weight plus flavors that also possess evident muscularity on the stony, intense and beautifully complex finish."