- Item #: i_352887Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS-"Fermented in oak barrels and aged under natural corks for almost 13 years, Bollinger's 2004 R. D. Extra Brut blends 66% Pinot Noir with 34% Chardonnay from 16 crus, 88% of which are classified as Grand Cru. The wine opens with a very clear, deep, rich and aromatic but also pure and mineral-fresh nose of crushed rocks, cherries, brioche, pain aux raisin, white nougat, chalk and ripe, yellow-fleshed fruits. Highly elegant and complex on the weightless yet persistent and salty palate, this is an intense, densely woven, firmly structured yet elegant, beautifully refined and refreshing "recent disgorgement" (February 2018) that reveals just a kiss of oxidative flavors that adds even more complexity. A great Champagne on its way to improve over many years in the bottle. Tasted June 2018."-(06/2018)
- Item #: i_377665Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS-" Disgorged in November 2017 after 13 years on the lees, the stunning 2004 Blanc des Millénaires is a worthy successor to the 1995. Unfurling in the glass with aromas of green apple, pear, brioche and fresh pastry that are framed by a lovely smoky, autolytic top note, the wine is full-bodied, ample and concentrated, with ripe acids, superb depth at the core and a textural, vinous quality while remaining very classical in profile. The finish is long and expansive. A blend of Chardonnay from Cramant, Avize, Oger, Mesnil-sur-Oger and Vertus, it saw nine grams per liter dosage. This is a terrific blanc de blancs from Charles Heidsieck that has a long and glorious future ahead of it. (WK) (4/2019)
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS-"A seamless Champagne, showing a texture of raw silk, this weaves vibrant acidity with an expressive range of glazed apple and poached white cherry fruit flavors, with pickled ginger and saffron spice details and rich notes of pastry cream, toast and coffee liqueur. More about finesse than power, this is long and creamy on the mineral-tinged finish. Drink now through 2028. 90 cases imported." –AN
- Item #: i_353160Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "There are tannins, structure and power, but also supreme elegance. The 2004 acidity comes through in the sweet cassis flavors, supported at the back by dry tannins. Currently, the wine is closed up, losing some of its fresh fruit, but this is a moment in its slow evolution towards a classic Latour."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "A terrific effort from Administrator Frederic Engerer and owner Francois Pinault, the dark ruby/purple-tinged 2004 Latour exhibits a strong cassis character intermixed with notes of crushed rocks, earth, cedar, and forest floor. Racy, elegant, but powerful with medium to full body, and sweet tannin, it will benefit from 5-7 years of cellaring, and should keep for three decades. It is a very impressive offering."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Captivating aromas of currant, black licorice and spices, with just a hint of sweet tobacco. Full-bodied, with chewy tannins and a long, long finish. Structured and racy."
- Item #: i_377663Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Gosset's 2004 Extra Brut Celebris is a powerful, bracing wine. Pinot Noir-infused red stone fruits, dried leaves, mint, herbs and spice notes, along with the low dosage, give the wine its distinctive combination of power, breadth and raciness. The 2004 needs a bit of time for the bouquet to open up, but when they do, the wine is quite expressive. Now 12 years after the vintage, the 2004 Celebris offers a good bit of aromatic and flavor intensity, with the slightly mature notes that are typical for a wine of this age. Chamomile, honey and lightly roasted almond are some of the nuances that linger through to the creamy, expansive finish..." (12/16) Established in 1584, Gosset lays claim to be the oldest wine house in Champagne. Thanks to Jean-Pierre Mareigner, its masterful chef de cave of 32 years, the Gosset style of no malo, crystalline structure and profound longevity remains as intact as ever. This 2004 “Celebris” is another of his masterpieces that is just now hitting full stride.
- Item #: i_325822Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95WINERY NOTES-"At the House of Krug, every Krug Vintage celebrates the distinct character of a particular year. A Krug Vintage is a blend of the most expressive wines from a single year enhanced by a stay of over ten years in the cellars. Every Krug Vintage is different: it is the music of the year, captured by Krug.
After a chill start to the growing season, the beautiful weather from mid-September to early October ensured that 2004 was a generous year following the challenging extremes and small yields of 2003. Nature’s elation afforded a breadth of choice, and the harvested grapes were in very good condition. For Krug, the year 2004 gave birth to highly expressive, bright, undeniably elegant and discreet wines with a shining structure.
Combining delicacy, balance and bountiful citrus notes of all types, Krug 2004, named "Luminous Freshness" by the House, evokes the sensations of early summer mornings in Champagne. Krug 2004 is a dialogue between shining Chardonnays (39%) and the backbone of Pinot Noir (37%) combined with the vivacity, tension and citrus notes of Meunier (24%). The elegance of Krug 2004 comes after 12 years in the cellars gaining in harmony, expression and finesse.
The expression of the year 2004 captured by Krug: Luminous Freshness. Krug 2004 reveals the vibrant story of a fresh year. It is a very balanced champagne which combines delicacy and bountiful citrus notes of all types with a shining structure.
Krug 2004 is the last of the second trilogy in the history of the House, the first being 1988, 1989 and 1990 and the second 2002, 2003 and 2004. As with all Krug champagnes, Krug 2004 will continue to gain with the passage of time. The full story of every bottle is revealed via its Krug ID, the six digits on the back label.
Tasting Notes - At first sight, the beautiful light golden colour promises radiant freshness. The nose begins with an expressive bouquet of ginger, candied citrus and quince, followed by richer notes evoking lemon meringue tart, plum and mirabelle. On the palate, a very balanced Champagne with light notes of brioche and honey giving way to an array of fresh citrus, including oranges, lemons and mandarins, enhanced by a very elegant finish.