- Item #: i_376417Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93The Avizoise is made from Les Robards and Voie d'Epernay, fermented in neutral 600-liter barrels and bottled with four grams of dosage.
- Item #: i_350991Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Tasted at the Brane-Cantenac vertical at the château, the 2009 Brane-Cantenac is a blend of 40% Merlot, 53% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Cabernet Franc, has an extremely pure and sensual bouquet with ripe red cherries, blackberry, minerals and incense that is totally irresistible. The palate is silky smooth with very fine tannin, a great core of tensile red berry fruit with compelling mineralité towards the structured, Pauillac-like finish. This is a top-quality Brane-Cantenac, one of the best under Henri Lurton. One of the most prosaically "delicious" Brane-Cantenac releases in recent years. Tasted April 2015."
- Item #: i_334002Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2009 Calon-Ségur is deep garnet in color and opens with a beautiful fragrance of redcurrant preserves, cassis, black cherry compote and red roses plus nuances of cigar box and cinnamon stick. Medium-bodied and wonderfully elegant in the mouth, it has a compelling line of very ripe, fine-grained tannins and oodles of freshness supporting the fragrant layers, finishing long and perfumed."
- Item #: i_376661Bottle Size: 750mlThe lieu-dit of Beaux Sens lies next to Les Barres, and Chartogne’s Pinot Meunier vines here are also ungrafted, making for an intriguing comparison. The chalky bedrock lies just one meter down, as opposed to the roughly three meters of sandy topsoils in Les Barres, and this results in a brighter, more floral wine.
- Item #: i_352607Bottle Size: 750mlClassic nose, with intense cassis fruit, and a good deal of new oak that is stylishly integrated. Plump, rounded and generous, broad-shouldered, and distinctly tannic, this has considerable spice and complexity as well as abundant fruit. Has the opulence of the vintage without being too obvious and one-dimensional. Good length.
- Item #: i_375470Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "A strong effort from proprietor Emmanuel Cruse, d’Issan’s 2009 was fashioned from minuscule yields of 18 hectoliters per hectare, and its 13.7% natural alcohol set a record at this estate. Composed of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon and 38% Merlot, it exhibits a classic Margaux fragrance of acacia flowers/violets, blueberries, cassis, licorice and camphor. Opulent and full-bodied with silky tannins as well as a rich, dense style, it will be interesting to compare the 2009 with the brilliant 2000 and 2005 over the next two to three decades. Anticipated maturity: 2018-2035+."
- Item #: i_352578Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2009 Gruaud Larose is blended of 68% Cabernet Sauvignon and 32% Merlot. Medium to deep garnet colored, it charges forth with warm black raspberries, crème de cassis and redcurrant jelly notes with touches of potpourri, cigar box, new leather, hoisin and molten chocolate. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is packed with black fruits and savory layers with a firm, grainy texture and seamless freshness lifting the long earth-laced finish."
- Item #: i_311371Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 98ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "What a blockbuster effort! Atypically powerful, one day, the 2009 Haut-Brion may be considered to be the 21st century version of the 1959. It is an extraordinarily complex, concentrated effort made from a blend of 46% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 14% Cabernet Franc with the highest alcohol ever achieved at this estate, 14.3%. Even richer than the perfect 1989, with similar technical numbers although slightly higher extract and alcohol, it offers up a sensational perfume of subtle burning embers, unsmoked cigar tobacco, charcoal, black raspberries, wet gravel, plums, figs and blueberries. There is so much going on in the aromatics that one almost hesitates to stop smelling it. However, when it hits the palate, it is hardly a letdown. This unctuously textured, full-bodied 2009 possesses low acidity along with stunning extract and remarkable clarity for a wine with a pH close to 4.0. The good news is that there are 10,500 cases of the 2009, one of the most compelling examples of Haut-Brion ever made. It requires a decade of cellaring and should last a half century or more. Readers who have loved the complexity of Haut-Brion should be prepared for a bigger, richer, more massive wine, but one that does not lose any of its prodigious aromatic attractions. "
WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS: "This enormous young wine is among the most backward of the vintage at this early stage, with iron-clad grip holding the broad, deep core of blackberry, cassis and roasted fig notes in check for now. The finish is a torrent of dense, almost compressed layers of tobacco leaf, hot paving stone, singed bay leaf and tar that will take at least a decade to massage together fully. This one is for the kids born in 2009. Best from 2020 through 2040. 10,500 cases made." –JM
- Item #: i_311369Bottle Size: 750MLROBERT PARKER 99 - "A brilliant offering from the Mentzelopoulos family, once again their gifted manager, Paul Pontallier, has produced an uncommonly concentrated, powerful 2009 Chateau Margaux made from 87% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest primarily Merlot with small amounts of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. As with most Medocs, the alcohol here is actually lower (a modest 13.3%) than most of its siblings-. Abundant blueberry, cassis and acacia flower as well as hints of charcoal and forest floor aromas that are almost Burgundian in their complexity are followed by a wine displaying sweet, well-integrated tannins as well as a certain ethereal lightness despite the wine's overall size. Rich, round, generous and unusually approachable for such a young Margaux, this 2009 should drink well for 30-35+ years."
- Item #: i_311370Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 99+ROBERT PARKER 99+ POINTS - "The 2009 Mouton Rothschild has a striking label from Anish Kapoor. The wine is a blend of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon and 12% Merlot that begs comparison as a young wine with what the 1982 tasted like in 1985 or, I suspect, what the 1959 may have tasted like in 1962. Representing 50% of their production, the wine has an inky purple color to the rim and not terribly high alcohol for a 2009 (13.2%), but that is reflected by the high percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon. It has a remarkable nose of lead pencil shavings, violets, creme de cassis and subtle barrique smells. It is stunningly opulent, fat, and super-concentrated, but the luxurious fruit tends to conceal some rather formidable tannins in the finish. This is an amazing wine that will be slightly more drinkable at an earlier age than I thought from barrel, but capable of lasting 50 or more years. Kudos to the Baroness Philippine de Rothschild and the entire Mouton team, lead by Monsieur Dalhuin."
- Item #: i_352173Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS: "The red wine flight was a colossal showing for the 2009s, with perfect wines from Cos d'Estournel, La Mission Haut-Brion, Smith Haut Lafitte, Pape Clément and Haut-Brion. These amazing wines are not only showing their individual, singular terroir characteristics at age six, but the luxurious, extravagant richness and body of this vintage...One expects the Mission Haut-Brion, Haut-Brion and Pape Clément to hit the highest points in a vintage like this - and they did."
- Item #: i_311360Bottle Size: 750MLROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS -"Bottled the week before I arrived, the 2009 Pavie appears to have barely budged since I tasted it two years ago. Many experts consider this phenomenal terroir to be nearly as great as that of Ausone. Made from a classic blend of 60-70% Merlot, 20-25% Cabernet Franc and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon, this inky/blue/purple-colored blockbuster reveals wonderful notes of blackberries, crushed rocks, roasted meats, spring flowers, cedar, blueberries, graphite and a hint of vanillin. With extravagant fruit and high extract as well as a hint of minerality, this structured, massively intense effort is typical of all the luxurious, perfect or nearly perfect Pavies produced under the Perse regime (which began in 1998). While built for 40-50 years of cellaring, the softness of the vintage and its flamboyant style is slightly less apparent in the 2009 Pavie than in some of the other Perse wines. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2050+."
WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS: "This is massively rendered, with powerful notes of dark fig, currant and blackberry fruit intertwined with ganache, maduro tobacco and tar. Yet the overall impression is both polished and driven, with a buried graphite edge and lingering spice notes that hint at the reward for extended cellaring. It's amazing to see the results when ambition and execution are equal. Best from 2020 through 2040. 7,080 cases made."
- Item #: i_350236Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95Wine Spectator: 96WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Considered by Paul-Vincent to be a hypothetical blend of the '05 and the '07, the 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape was showing its Mourvedre component on this occasion and had lots of kirsch, spice-box, dried flowers, Provencal garrigue and cured meat on the nose. Full-bodied, ripe and voluptuous, yet still showing the telltale elegance and seamlessness that's the hallmark of this great estate, it can be enjoyed today or cellared for another decade or more.(9/2015)
- Item #: i_311385Bottle Size: 750MLROBERT PARKER 99 POINTS - "It will be fascinating to follow the evolution of the 2009 Cheval Blanc versus the 2010 as well as the awesome 2005, 2000, 1998 and 1990. This famous estate’s vineyard is situated at the juncture of Pomerol and the sandy, gravelly soils of St.-Emilion, facing the two noble estates of l’Evangile and La Conseillante. A blend of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc, the 2009 Cheval Blanc tips the scales at just under 14% natural alcohol. Its dense blue/purple color is accompanied by an extraordinary nose of incense, raspberries, cassis, sweet forest floor and a subtle hint of menthol. Opulent and full-bodied with low acidity but no sense of heaviness, this dense, unctuously textured, super-smooth, velvety, pure, profound Cheval Blanc is impossible to resist despite its youthfulness. Anticipated maturity: 2018-2050+. "
- Item #: i_379468Bottle Size: 750mlDespite its minimal three grams per liter dosage, this fruit forward, seamless, and silky Cazals is simply a pleasure to drink with or without food.
JOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "This bottle of Cuvée Vive from Champagne Cazals was disgorged in September of 2017 and finished with a dosage of three grams per liter. The wine is quite stylish on the nose, offering up a fine blend of pear, apple, a touch of almond custard, chalky soil tones and a gently floral topnote. On the palate the wine is full-bodied, crisp and focused, with a good core, pinpoint bubbles, fine balance for its lower dosage and a long, nascently complex finish. Good juice that will be even better with a bit of bottle age to allow the secondary layers of complexity to start to emerge. 2018-2040."
- Item #: i_333869Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Bold, lush and tropical in feel, with creamed papaya and mango notes seamlessly gliding together, while coconut, green plum, ginger, quince and white peach flavors fill in the background. Offers a succulent finish, but stays pure and steady thanks to perfectly embedded acidity. Best from 2015 through 2030. 250 cases imported."
- Item #: i_374305Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 91Drawn from Chardonnay vines that are nearly 50 years old, located on a steep, well-drained slope in Villers-Marmery, close to the Verzy border. It was vinified entirely in barrel, and it's highly reflective of the 2009 in its ample body and vinous orchard fruit and citrus flavors.
- Item #: i_377524Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A fresh Champagne, well-knit and lacy in texture, with chalk-tinged notes of apple blossom, ripe raspberry, ground ginger and spun honey. Creamy, with a clean-cut, zesty finish. Drink now through 2024."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "Lassalle's 2008 Brut 1er Cru Cuvée Angeline shows the intensity and pure mineral drive of the year. White orchard fruit, flowers, slate and crushed rocks are all nicely delineated throughout. Here, too, the flavor profile is distinctly citrus and orchard fruit-leaning, even though 60% of the blend is Pinot Noir. All things considered, the 2008 is a Champagne built on polish, finesse and understatement."
STEPHEN TANZER 93 POINTS - "Light, bright yellow. Pungent, deeply pitched orchard and pit fruit aromas, with brighter orange zest and smoky mineral nuances adding lift. Sappy and penetrating on the palate, offering pliant pear, peach pit and buttered toast flavors that put on weight with air. Finishes chewy and very long, with resonating mineral and orange notes and a late touch of smokiness." - Josh Raynolds (December 2014)
- Item #: i_351063Bottle Size: 750mlChateau Chalon is one of the legendary appellations of the Jura. Driving in off the Saone plain and through old industrial towns the land takes a sharp jump in elevation and a scenic view of limestone cliffs that the village of Chateau Chalon rests on. There are many ancient towns in France with almost unbearable charm and Château Chalon is in position for the number one position.
While the wines labeled as Châton Chalon are one of the many great triumphs of French wine antiquity, the wines are rare and make up a very small portion of what Jean-Claude Credoz’s production.
- Item #: i_352116Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 98WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - " The greatest wines Chave has produced since 2003 are the two cuvees of 2009 Hermitage. The 2009 Hermitage exhibits a black/purple color along with a sumptuous nose of roasted meats, ground pepper, black currants, blackberry jam, and subtle smoke and licorice. The extraordinary bouquet is followed by a wine of extravagant intensity as well as tremendous focus and precision. While not as powerful as the blockbuster 2003, the amazing 2009 may turn out to be a modern day version of their magnificent 1990 (which is drinking incredibly well at present). Anyone who loves Hermitage and has a cold cellar should be lining up to get a few bottles of this beauty."
WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS - " Captivating from the start, with gorgeous ganache and Lapsang souchong aromas that give way to an immense core of crushed plum, braised fig and steeped blackberry notes, all woven with pastis, loam and charcoal. Shows terrific density and drive through the long, well-structured finish. This has the fruit of the vintage in spades, but with an extra dimension of grip and length." *Collectibles*
- Item #: i_311389Bottle Size: 750MLROBERT PARKER 99+ POINTS - "Proprietor Denis Durantou has produced a blockbuster Pomerol from a blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc, tipping the scales at just over 14.5% natural alcohol. A riveting wine, pure, elegant, but at the same time, extremely powerful and concentrated, with stunning texture, opulence and density, the tannins are abundant, and the wine certainly in need of a decade of cellaring. Fabulous creme de cassis and cherry liqueur notes are intertwined with hints of licorice, truffle, and graphite. Full and rich, but still in an infantile state of development, this wine needs to be cellared for 10 years but should keep for five decades or more. This 2009 is absolutely profound."