- Item #: i_352957Bottle Size: 375mlWine Spectator: 99James Suckling: 98**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE SPECTATOR 99 POINTS - "A lovely, creamy, tropical style, with mango, papaya and guava notes lending a caressing feel, while singed almond and warm piecrust accents blossom through the lush finish. Just when you think that's all there is, toasted coconut, fig, orange blossom and persimmon details kick in, lending length and dimension. The finish is ridiculously long."
- Item #: i_354011Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 96JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Also brilliant stuff, the 2011 IGP Vaucluse Heloise (70% Syrah, 20-25% Grenache and the rest Viognier) offers lots of blackberry fruits, peppery herbs and smoked earth aromas and flavors. Medium to full-bodied, nicely concentrated, yet with an incredible sense of elegance and finesse, no doubt imparted by the limestone soils and higher elevation vineyards, this beautiful Syrah will continue drinking beautifully for another decade or more."
- Item #: i_352481Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92BURGHOUND 90 - 93 POINTS - "This is quite ripe yet retains a lovely freshness to the cassis, black cherry, lavender and warm earth scents. There is excellent power and volume to the concentrated, intense and mouth coating big-bodied flavors that culminate in an impressively long and balanced finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Rich and dense, with pure black cherry and spice flavors. A bit rigid now, with plenty of buried fruit. Finishes with edgy tannins and good length. Best from 2016 through 2026. 250 cases imported."
- Item #: i_377922Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92Vinous Media: 93The latest release of the Lassalles’ tête de cuvée marries the power and drive of the vintage with a velvety texture acquired from a seven-year élevage. This blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay is a Champagne of luxury, from its decadent golden tinge to the fine, persistent bead that playfully caresses the palate. Uncorking this euphoric elixir will guarantee a ceremoniously delicious occasion. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_321119Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93Wine Enthusiast: 94WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS: "As so often with Montrose, this is a powerful, concentrated and very structured wine. Dense tannins are paired with rich black fruits, although at this stage the wine also has a sense of austerity. Power, severity and complexity all make for a wine for long aging. Wait until 2019."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS: "Features some lovely plum, black currant and blackberry fruit, already melded into the core, while a pure, long and rather regal structure runs through the finish, letting extra charcoal and pebble notes play out. Offers precision, range and a beautiful mix of fruit and austerity."
- Item #: i_321121Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER 92+ POINTS: "The dense ruby/purple-colored 2011 Mouton Rothschild (90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc) displays tell-tale notes of creme de cassis, vanillin and spicy oak, more tannin than many of the Pauillacs, and a solid, medium-bodied, concentrated, muscular Cabernet Sauvignon personality. Still tightly-knit and closed, but with lots of potential, it is a big, firmly structured Mouton that may turn out to be slightly austere. However, there are many reasons for optimism as well, so forget it for 7-8 years. It has 2-3 decades of aging potential. Only 54% of the production made the grade for Mouton Rothschild."
"Mouton Rothschild harvested between September 12-26, producing a final blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc. One of the vintage’s great wines, it is a candidate for wine of the vintage. According to administrator Philippe Dalhuin, only 54% of the production went into the grand vin."
- Item #: i_353709Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95James Suckling: 97JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS - "A gorgeous intensity of plum, spice and grilled meat on the nose. Cloves and hints of dried spices. This is a big, structured La Chappelle. Full and powerful with chewy tannins and a long, long finish. A bit austere and muscular but gorgeous. Tar, spice, dried meat and asphalt. Needs to be aged for at least another five or six years. This is another 1991 in the making."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2011 Hermitage la Chapelle continues to shine (I wrote 'love it' in the notes) and shows the sunnier, perfumed style of the vintage. Black raspberry, crushed rocks, olive and licorice all emerge from this full-bodied, open, sweetly fruited Hermitage. It has plenty of sweet tannin and will last for 20+ years."
- Item #: i_345654Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "For a seven-year-old dry white, this has great vitality. The more air it gets, the more candied-citrus, pear and dried-herb aromas emerge. Although the wine's frame is on the sleek side, there's serious concentration. The finish is very long with a cascade of herbal and mineral notes. Drink or hold.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Trimbach’s 2011 Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile leads with a fascinating nose mingling quinine and smoky black tea with the more usual lime, white peach and crushed chalk. Silken-textured and generously juicy, with hauntingly bittersweet inner-mouth floral perfume, it opens-up in an infectiously juicy manner one seldom expects from youthful exemplars of this cuvee, thus drinking-well before one is able to purchase it! (But at least you can safely count on savoring it in its elegant prime through at least 2025.) Lentil sprout, peach kernel, and almond oil add to the diversity of flavors already intimated on the nose in a superbly sustained, bell-clear and invigorating as well as surprisingly and delightfully buoyant finish.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Lovely spice and smoke notes lead the way in this firm, linear white, accenting poached apple, chopped almond, dried thyme and lemon pith flavors on the harmonious palate. Best from 2019 through 2029."