- Item #: i_321118Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "The renowned Chateau Margaux's 2011 boasts a dark ruby/plum color as well as a fragrant perfume of spring flowers, sweet, supple, well-integrated tannins, medium body, and the elegance and nobility expected from a great first-growth. Although it is not as powerful or concentrated as the 2009 or 2010 (no 2011s are), it possesses finesse, elegance, purity and suppleness. The wine is surprisingly approachable already yet should keep for 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_334087Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleSince 1927, the wines of Château Dauphine-Rondillon are commercialised in bottles and are appreciated as much as the prestigious Sauternes.
"We are very respectful of the environment by working according to the "lutte raisonnee" or sustainable agriculture. The vines are driven to small yields with an optimum ripeness of the crop based on vigilant study and analysis of the grapes during harvest time." WINERY
- Item #: i_352481Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92BURGHOUND 90 - 93 POINTS - "This is quite ripe yet retains a lovely freshness to the cassis, black cherry, lavender and warm earth scents. There is excellent power and volume to the concentrated, intense and mouth coating big-bodied flavors that culminate in an impressively long and balanced finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Rich and dense, with pure black cherry and spice flavors. A bit rigid now, with plenty of buried fruit. Finishes with edgy tannins and good length. Best from 2016 through 2026. 250 cases imported."
- Item #: i_325478Bottle Size: 750mlCertified biodynamic (BIODYVIN)
Vin Cent for Vincent Deseaubeau, (a.k.a. Mr. Bubbles) and Vin Cent Bulle because it sounds like Vin Sans Bulles or vine without bubbles. The first release was the 2011 vintage which was made from 100% Pinot Meunier pressed directly and aged for 22 months in enameled tank and French oak barrels. Successive vintages resemble more closely the estate’s vins clairs with small portions of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir making it into the final blend.
- Item #: i_377922Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92The latest release of the Lassalles’ tête de cuvée marries the power and drive of the vintage with a velvety texture acquired from a seven-year élevage. This blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay is a Champagne of luxury, from its decadent golden tinge to the fine, persistent bead that playfully caresses the palate. Uncorking this euphoric elixir will guarantee a ceremoniously delicious occasion. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_351349Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJean-Claude Credoz is one lucky man. Not only because he lives in such an absurdly beautiful place but because he is one of the largest landowners on the infamous appellation of Château Chalon, with almost five hectares of vines.The domaine flirts with organic and biodynamic methods but have not committed to restraints they bring; Jean-Claude prefers to be flexible when he needs to be, especially concerning the use of copper and sulfur sprays in the vineyards. Vin de Paille is the French for "straw wine", made only in the ripest vintages. Straw wine, or raisin wine, is a wine made from grapes that have been dried to concentrate their juice. The classic method dries clusters of grapes on mats of straw in the sun, but some regions dry them under cover, on roofs, or on modern racks, while some hang up the grapes or leave them to dry on the vine.
Full body, Rustic, Spicy, Sweet
- Item #: i_351893Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Certified organic (Ecocert) and biodynamic -
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The Deiss 2011 Grasberg leads with saline, alkaline and marine aromatics, though also with intimations of the diverse ripe peach, pear, and melons – backed by distinct sweetness – that mark a ripe and infectiously juicy though firm palate. There is grip and nearly explosive interactivity in the finish, with nut oils, nutmeg, caraway as well as mineral elements bouncing off of the rich, resilient base of ripe fruit. Hardship of site certainly seems to have borne positive results here. Look for exciting performances through at least 2025. Deiss finds this “a bit timid” when compared with the corresponding 2010, but those are hardly words I would use to describe it!"
VINOUS MEDIA 92+ POINTS - "Good full yellow. Aromatic nose of lime, gooseberry, cinnamon and white flowers, complicated by smoke and a whiff of varnish; shows obvious notes of noble rot and gewÃ¼rztraminer. Off-dry on the palate, offering notes of spicy rhubarb and candied rose petal. Finishes with slight heat but has the material to support the alcohol. From vines situated very close to the Rotenberg at 350 meters above sea level, exposed north. This colder, later-ripening site allows for a more complex co-plantation of grape varieties, and this is why there is gewÃ¼rztraminer here.
- Item #: i_321121Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER 92+ POINTS: "The dense ruby/purple-colored 2011 Mouton Rothschild (90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc) displays tell-tale notes of creme de cassis, vanillin and spicy oak, more tannin than many of the Pauillacs, and a solid, medium-bodied, concentrated, muscular Cabernet Sauvignon personality. Still tightly-knit and closed, but with lots of potential, it is a big, firmly structured Mouton that may turn out to be slightly austere. However, there are many reasons for optimism as well, so forget it for 7-8 years. It has 2-3 decades of aging potential. Only 54% of the production made the grade for Mouton Rothschild."
"Mouton Rothschild harvested between September 12-26, producing a final blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc. One of the vintage’s great wines, it is a candidate for wine of the vintage. According to administrator Philippe Dalhuin, only 54% of the production went into the grand vin."
- Item #: i_345859Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2011 Pape Clement, a blend of 57% Cabernet Sauvignon, 38% Merlot and the rest Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc, was aged 18 months in new French oak before being bottled unfiltered. Absolutely profound, with a complex bouquet of mulberries, black cherries, black currants, graphite and subtle smoke and burning ember-like aromas, this is a true super-star of the vintage. It represents a remarkable achievement by the winemaking team of Bernard Magrez. Full-bodied, rich and multidimensional, this wine clearly transcends the entire vintage. It should age effortlessly for 25 years."
- Item #: i_375258Bottle Size: 750ml100% Chardonnay from Ambonnay Grand Cru. Made and aged in 205 liters champagne Oak barrels. Tasting: A gorgeous crystalline gold colour, with green highlights. An extremely fine bouquet, with apricot,grapefruit and peach aromas. Palate: This exceptionally fresh champagne will be an ideal companion for summermeals.Or just to be tasted with our Blanc de Noir for a tremendous tasting that will reflect all the differences only made with the difference of grapes as they are worked exactly the same way. This champagne should be enjoyed either as a cocktail.
- Item #: i_345814Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "With attractive, juicy fruit, this wine has as much freshness as it does structure. The palate is warm and open with blackberry fruits that are rounded and soft. Spice and some tannins show through on the finish. Drink from 2017."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "A juicy young 2011 with chocolate, berry and toasted-oak character. Full and rich. Needs time to soften. This is better than the 2010 Talbot."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "This pulls no punches in terms of style, presenting fleshy ganache and tar notes out front, with an ample core of crushed plum and macerated black currant fruit and a long, muscular, tarry finish. A strong showing."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Talbot’s dense ruby/purple color is followed by an attractive, spicy, earthy St.-Julien displaying hints of tapenade, black cherries and soil undertones in a forward, lush, round, seductive style. This excellent, medium-bodied 2011 should provide delicious drinking for 10-15 years. Talbot appears to have succeeded admirably in this vintage."
- Item #: i_345654Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "For a seven-year-old dry white, this has great vitality. The more air it gets, the more candied-citrus, pear and dried-herb aromas emerge. Although the wine's frame is on the sleek side, there's serious concentration. The finish is very long with a cascade of herbal and mineral notes. Drink or hold.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Trimbach’s 2011 Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile leads with a fascinating nose mingling quinine and smoky black tea with the more usual lime, white peach and crushed chalk. Silken-textured and generously juicy, with hauntingly bittersweet inner-mouth floral perfume, it opens-up in an infectiously juicy manner one seldom expects from youthful exemplars of this cuvee, thus drinking-well before one is able to purchase it! (But at least you can safely count on savoring it in its elegant prime through at least 2025.) Lentil sprout, peach kernel, and almond oil add to the diversity of flavors already intimated on the nose in a superbly sustained, bell-clear and invigorating as well as surprisingly and delightfully buoyant finish.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Lovely spice and smoke notes lead the way in this firm, linear white, accenting poached apple, chopped almond, dried thyme and lemon pith flavors on the harmonious palate. Best from 2019 through 2029."