- Item #: i_325818Bottle Size: 750mlThe Minéral emerges from old-vine parcels [in Cramant] the Champboutons and Les Bionnes lieux-dits.
Brothers Arthur and Fabrice Agrapart have guided the rise of their family’s Champagne estate since 1984. Blessed with a patrimony of outstanding Côte des Blancs vineyard parcels (mostly Grand Cru rated) the duo has maximized the potential of their land through rigorous biodynamic viticulture practices and non-interventionist winemaking techniques. Their hard work and skill has resulted in consistently high critical acclaim and, as one would expect, a burgeoning fan base. While it is great to see the family’s dedication and hard work pay off, their success has caused our allocations to grow smaller with each new release. These latest vintage bottlings are in particularly short supply.
- Item #: i_375646Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2012 Brut Ivoire et Ebène is another fabulous wine in this range. Powerful, ample and resonant in the glass, the 2012 is superb from the moment it is first poured. Baked apple, pear, smoke and spice fill out the wine's voluptuous frame, with a hint of French oak that add complexity without being overpowering.
- Item #: i_378248Bottle Size: 750mlThe Bara property was built in 1860 in Bouzy, perhaps Champagne's most esteemed Pinot Noir village, thanks its warm, south-facing slopes. In the beginning, the estate was a farm with stables, a cow shed, and a cellar, However, in 1965, the barn was transformed into a press room and a winery. Paul Bara, the father of today's owner Chantale, was the first of the dynasty to sell Champagne under the family's name in the 1950s and he was also one of the first grower producers to export its his wares to the U.S. Crafted only from exceptional exceptiona harvests, the firm's Millesime is fermented in tank without malolactic and is aged on the yeast for at least five years. Clearly one of the great successes of the excellent 2012 vintage.LA REVUE DU VIN DE FRANCE comments: " A full and spherical expression of Pinot Noir (90%). A good classic vinified in VAT, taught, yet harmonious."
- Item #: i_352567Bottle Size: 750mlOnly the most dedicated and courageous growers would dare to practice biodynamic viticulture in a climate that is as cool and damp as Champagne’s. Benoit Lahaye is one of these brave souls, having been a practitioner of natural winegrowing since the early 1990s. Made entirely from 36-year-old Pinot Noir vines in the vineyard of "Les Juliennes" in the Grand Cru village of Bouzy, this very reddish rosé is effusively fruity on the nose, displaying deep aromas of just-squeezed strawberries and raspberries. The light (3 g/l) dosage and absence of malolactic fermentation work in concert to give the red berry flavors extra brilliance and intensity.
- Item #: i_352267Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "A pure, elegant and airy nose features wisps of both red and dark pinot fruit along with subtle earth notes that are set off by relatively generous wood. There is excellent concentration and intensity to the middle weight plus flavors that possess excellent power and drive, all wrapped in a serious, balanced and strikingly persistent finish. This is a big Beaune with solid minerality and phenolic maturity and one to consider."
- Item #: i_374880Bottle Size: 750MLPETER LEIM 2 STARS-"These Pinot Noir vines were planted in 1987, in a parcel of tufa over limestone. This is the second vintage that Chartogne has released, and while it shows an intensity and energy typical of 2012, it remains graceful and subtly poised, driven by its tense, lively minerality. Its elegantly fragrant notes of red cherry, nectarine and pear persist with excellent length on the finish, anchored by a pronounced salinity. Last tasted: 3/17."
- Item #: i_352312Bottle Size: 750mlIn the vineyards, Alexandre does not follow any certifications; his goal is “to respect the soil populations as much as I can”. His work is followed by Claude and Lydia Bourguignon, the two foremost experts on soil microbiology. “I do not use chemicals, herbicides, insecticides … and plough half of my vineyards with my horses. Most of the work is made by hand, but … no certification.” Sheep and Chickens are used for fertilization and focus is put on the health of the soil as Chartogne believes that the transmission of terroir comes only though careful work in the vineyard. Horses are kept on the property and used for ploughing and a majority of the work in the vineyard is made by hand.
From a sandy, south-facing site planted in 1981, this 100-percent Chardonnay Champagne was fermented using wild yeasts in a mix of concrete eggs and used (3-8 years old) Burgundy barrels from Anne Gross from Anne Gros. This Blanc de Blancs was aged for more than four years sur latte and was disgorged in March 2017 with a dosage of 5 grams per liter. Just 3500 bottles were produced.
- Item #: i_375403Bottle Size: 750mlSome like it rich and spicy! We love champagne that shows great expression and energy. This 100% Pinot noir is from a single vineyard site called 'Les Orizeaux' and displays all that oyster-shell like salinity, nervy citrus and overlaid with spice and vanilla. This cuvée is full-bodied and flavourful yet it retains a high level of finesse.
- Item #: i_334035Bottle Size: 750MLPuisseguin-Saint-Emilion lies in the heart of the satellite titles of St. Emilion apellation in the 'right bank' Libournais subregion of Bordeaux. It has the strictest laws regarding the production of wine of any AOC appellation. This 90-10% Merlot/C. Franc blend at 13.5% ABV has aromas of plum, cherry, vanilla, cigar box & cocoa on the nose once it opens up. Taste of earth, mushroom-truffle, dried cherry & a light oak on a medium-full palate from balanced tannins.
- Item #: i_351419Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS: "Slightly more modern in style, the 2012 La Clape Grand Vin is sensational blend of 55% Mourvèdre, 25% Syrah, 15% Grenache and 5% Carignan. Completely destemmed, it saw a whopping 50 day maceration before having the Syrah and Mourvèdre moved to 225-Liter barrels (33% new) and the Grenache to vat, where it stayed for a year. At that point, it was all blended together, and moved to vat for another 12 months before being bottled with no fining or filtration. It exhibits lots of crème de cassis and black raspberry fruit to go with subtle oak (which fades with time in the glass), melted licorice and graphite. This gives way to a medium-bodied, pure, elegant red that has gorgeous purity of fruit, a great mid-palate and fine tannin that emerges on the finish. This is high quality juice that can be enjoyed now, or cellared for 4-5 years, possibly longer."
- Item #: i_379141Bottle Size: 750mlThis classic and utterly delicious blanc de blancs spends four years on the lees and offers sexy floral and citrus notes, with a a lovely texture and energy.
- Item #: i_374390Bottle Size: 750mlIn 1986, Eric Dhondt and Edith Grellet decided to stop selling off grapes to negociants and started Dhondt-Grellet. Their focus on farming translated into honest Champagnes from great holdings across the Côte des Blancs.
Their son, Adrien, at just 25 years of age has now taken over the winemaking and is quickly bringing his family's wines to another level. He has slowly increased the range of Champagnes produced by isolating his holdings across the villages of Cramant and Cuis and bottling unique expressions of Chardonnay
- Item #: i_345163Bottle Size: 1.5LBurghound: 92-94BURGHOUND 92 - 94 POINTS - "This is aromatically riper than the Chambertin though that is not especially surprising. There is fine layering to the spiced plum, cassis, warm earth and hint of exotic tea aromas. I very much like the sense of vitality and masculine punch of the lush, even opulent middle weight plus flavors that possess plenty of tannin-buffering dry extract before concluding in a dusty and palate coating finish that delivers excellent persistence. Like many of the grands crus in the range patience will be required if you wish to drink this at its peak."
- Item #: i_374662Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-"A 100% Pinot Noir here with a terrific floral nose: violets and red roses, some gently flinty reductive notes and red berries to boot. The palate's impressive thanks to plenty of tannin and a really impressive structure. Bold, long and very pure. Red-cherry-pip finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_345527Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: "Scheduled to be released in February of next year, the 2012 Hermitage Ex Voto Blanc is similar to the classic Hermitage Blanc, yet ratchets the intensity up a notch. Acacia flowers, brioche, caramelized peach, quince and even a kiss of mint all emerge from this full-bodied, layered, concentrated white that has fabulous mid-palate depth and a blockbuster finish. Drink it anytime over the coming two decades."
- Item #: i_350832Bottle Size: 750mlThe Dauvissat holdings in "Les Preuses" equal three-quarters of a hectare. The vineyard sits near the high point of the hillside on the right bank of the Serein river that courses by the village of Chablis and in close proximity to the neighboring Grand Cru of "Bougros". The "Les Preuses" produced by Sebastien Dauvissat is always generous with an ebullient bouquet that, in very ripe vintages, has a tendency to "muscat", that is to say it adds a layer of exotic, ripe fruit to its bouquet.
- Item #: i_345469Bottle Size: 750MLA secod label from the world class estate Haut Bages Liberal. The nose reveals the classic aromas of a top notch Bordeaux, a little spice, cedar and earth. On the palate the wine is perfect; young and juicy. Tannins are soft, smooth and clean.
- Item #: i_352279Bottle Size: 750mlColor garnet red. On the nose berry scents, morello cherry, smoky nuances. At the palate is refined, beautiful complexity, between suppleness, vigor and freshness, soft tannins. Complex and refined, it displays aromas of red berries, smoky notes in a supple, vigorous structure, with tannins remarkably melted. Médoc de Cos will be the ideal companion of a meat, and will highlight a Côte de Boeuf, a baron of lamb but also a risotto with cepes or a platter of cheeses, Saint Nectaire, Brie...