- Item #: i_350194Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Tasted from an ex-château bottle at BI Wine & Spirits Calon-Segur dinner in London. The 2000 Calon Segur is one of those wines that reminds you how great the millennial vintage could be. Now at fifteen years old, it has a brilliant, vivacious red berry nose infused with ash and cigar box aromas. The detail here is a beguiling and it just "sings" Saint Estèphe. The palate is medium-bodied with dense, firm tannin that provide a rigid backbone, but it is swathed in copious tobacco-drenched black fruit and a superb line of acidity. It finishes with a twist of bitter cherry on the finish that completes what is a deeply impressive Calon-Ségur; it might just outclass the 2005."
- Item #: i_354197Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "This is a big time sleeper of the vintage as well as one of the vintage's most attractively priced wines. Faugeres has turned out an opaque black/purple-colored 2000 displaying aromas of ink, blackberry liqueur, licorice, and toasty oak. Seamless, rich, and full-bodied, with even more weight and length than it revealed prior to bottling, it is a reasonably-priced, serious wine that merits attention from consumers. Delicious stuff!"
- Item #: i_379242Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 99Wine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 98ROBERT PARKER 99 POINTS - "Tasted from an ex-château bottle in Bordeaux, I was not surprised to find the 2000 Château Haut-Brion flirting with perfection. The nose is simply breathtaking - quintessential Haut-Brion with ebullient red berry fruit, roasted herbs, gravel, terracotta tiles on a warm summer's day...it is simply wave after wave of intoxicating scents that could bring even the most stoic person to tears of joy. The palate displays heavenly balance, pitch-perfect acidity, perhaps spicier than previous bottles that I have tasted, and what depth and dimension in this outstanding wine. That hint of graphite on the finish is a cheeky nod to Pauillac, as if to thumb its nose at the First Growths, because alongside Château Latour, almost by stealth, the Haut-Brion is one of the greatest Bordeaux in this millennial year."
Haut-Brion can be among the trickiest Bordeaux to taste young, often needing a full decade before the extraordinary complexity that marks this terroir begins to emerge. I was thrilled to see how well both the second wine, Bahans Haut-Brion, and Haut-Brion performed in this tasting, and both scores are slight upgrades."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS: "Sweet tobacco, blackberries and violets on the nose. Subtle. Full-bodied and very tight, with fantastic tannins and a long caressing finish. Wonderful texture. All in reserve still. Give this time.--'95/'96 Bordeaux retrospective. Best after 2010."
- Item #: i_334136Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "A beautiful wine and one of my favorites from this estate, this blend of nearly two-thirds Cabernet Sauvignon and one-third Merlot is aging impressively. Dense ruby/purple in color, with creme de cassis, charcoal, and sweet leathery and chocolatey notes intermixed with the classic Pauillac cedar and spice box, the wine is medium to full-bodied, fleshy, with sweet tannin and a long finish."
- Item #: i_354240Bottle Size: 1.5LWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - " Ripe, well-made, and slightly over-rated in my report written seven years ago, this 2000 exhibits lots of black currants, cherries, smoked herbs, and spice in a full-bodied, round, generous, fully mature style."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Refined, yet powerful. Full-bodied, with super silky tannins, yet it's elegant and caressing. Joy to taste. Fantastic l'Oratoire. From the same people who bring you La Mondotte and Canon-La Gaffelière."
- Item #: i_352915Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Blended of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 38% Merlot and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2000 Cos d'Estournel is deep garnet in color with a touch of brick and sporting a lot of tertiary evolution on the nose. It leaps from the glass with opulent sandalwood, Chinese five spice, cigar box and leather scents over a core of prunes, baked cherries, dried mulberries and eucalyptus plus a touch of potpourri. Medium-bodied, the palate is laden with fragrant fruitcake and exotic spice layers, framed by wonderfully plush tannins and a refreshing line, finishing with an exhilarating menthol lift."
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Absolutely gorgeous on the nose, with currants, blackberries and freshly cut flowers. Full-bodied, with ultrafine tannins and a solid core of fruit. This goes on and on on the palate. The essence of class and refinement. Relatively good value, considering the superb quality. No better Cos since 1989."
- Item #: i_353201Bottle Size: 750mlJOHN GILMAN 94 POINTS - "Eric d’Aramon commented on the 2000 Figeac that if he had it to do all over again, he might have waited just a few days longer before starting to pick at the estate. This vintage shows a bit of youthful bell pepper and fresh herb tones of old school claret, and to my palate, I see nothing amiss with the youthful aromatic and flavor profiles of this very deep, pure and soil-driven Figeac. The complex and utterly classic nose jumps from the glass in a superb mélange of cherries, raw cocoa, fresh herb tones, just a touch of youthful bell pepper, beautifully transparent, gravelly soil tones, a bit of menthol, nutskins and new wood. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, pure and very reserved at the present time, with a wonderfully sappy core of fruit, ripe tannins, tangy acids and stunning length and grip. This is still very young, but I have absolutely no reservations that in the fullness of time this will be a stunning vintage of Figeac. Drink between 2022-2100."
- Item #: i_345902Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS: "The 2000 Château Grand Puy Lacoste is an exceptional wine from Xavier Borie. It has a brilliant nose of blackberry, crushed stone, graphite and cedar. Putting it to one side for ten to 15 minutes reveals subtle mint-like aromas that whisk you straight to Pauillac. The palate is smooth and silky, cloaking the tannic frame of this GPL so that you barely notice it. But that will stand it in good stead for the long-term, the cornerstone of all great wines from this estate. Then there is that hint of spice on the aftertaste—the show ain't over yet. Served alongside a magnum of Pichon Baron 2000, I would say that at the moment, it does not quite possess the same level of precision. However, it remains a magnificent Pauillac to cherish long-term."
- Item #: i_399997Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS: "Attractive chocolate, berry and currant aromas follow through to a medium- to full-bodied palate, with medium fine tannins and a pretty berry, chocolate aftertaste. Seriously good value. Best wine from this estate in decades. Best after 2009."
- Item #: i_333181Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Approaching perfection, this wine is inky, bluish/purple-colored to the rim, offering up notes of incense, blueberry and blackberry liqueur, licorice, graphite and spring flowers. A touch of roasted espresso bean is also present. The wine has great concentration, a magnificent, full-bodied mouthfeel, stunning purity, and well-integrated acidity, tannin, alcohol and wood. This beauty seems to be in mid-adolescence with at least 25-30 years of life ahead. (8/2015)"
- Item #: i_352575Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100James Suckling: 99WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Well, well, well - Lafite Rothschild does it again. Ever since manager Charles Chevalier was transferred from his beloved Sauternes property of Rieussec (also owned by the Rothschilds) to Lafite in 1994, there has been a succession of profound wines to emerge from this noble estate. The 2000 Lafite Rothschild, a blend of 93.3% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6.7% Merlot (only 36% of the crop made the grade) has an opaque ruby/purple color, followed by an extraordinary aromatic expression of liquid minerals/stones interwoven with the tell-tale graphite notes, mulberry, black currants, caramel, and tobacco. In the mouth, it is remarkably light on its feet, but somehow seems to pack intense flavors into layer upon layer of fruit and richness that cascade over the palate. A compelling wine, with extraordinary precision, great intensity, and a seamlessness in spite of what are obviously elevated levels of tannin, this wine was provocatively open and beautiful when tasted in January and February, but I am sure it will soon close down. The finish lasted a whopping 72 seconds! This is utterly fascinating stuff. Anticipated maturity: 2011-2050."
- Item #: i_374257Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS - "The plushest, most ostentatious and dramatic of all the Leovilles in 2000, this wine is already sumptuous, displaying some nuances in its huge nose of vanilla bean, black chocolate, jammy black cherries, cassis, and graphite in a flamboyant style. Opulent, savory, rich, and full-bodied, it is a head-turning, prodigious wine and a complete contrast to the extracted behemoth of Leoville Barton and the backward, classic Leoville Las Cases. The Poyferre’s low acidity, sweet tannin and an already gorgeous mouthfeel make it a wine to drink now as well as over the next 25 or more years."
- Item #: i_350429Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS: "Beginning to open magnificently, the still dense purple-colored 2000 reveals a blossoming bouquet of blackberries, cassis, graphite and pen ink. Full-bodied with velvety tannins that have resolved themselves beautifully over the last eleven years, this wine is still an adolescent, but it exhibits admirable purity, texture, mouthfeel and power combined with elegance. One of the all-time great examples of Lynch Bages, the 2000 is just beginning to drink well yet promises to last for another 20-25+ years."
- Item #: i_345055Bottle Size: 750MLJAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS - " The 2000 Margaux kicked off a string of great wines. The aromas are spellbinding, with notes of raspberry and strawberry. The palate is incredibly silky yet structured. Impeccable balance.
WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - " Medium-bodied, with layers of concentration, stunning blue, red, and black fruits intermixed with spring flowers, a subtle dosage of new oak, and a distinctive personality that is elegant while at the same time powerful and substantial, this is a multi-dimensional wine that was extremely approachable and drinkable in both tastings I had of it. The color remains a healthy, even opaque bluish/purple, but there is no reason to hesitate to drink it. It should evolve for another 30-40 years, so there is no hurry either.
WINE SPECTATOR 99 POINTS - " This has jaw-dropping notes of Lapsang souchong tea, warmed fig, black currant confiture and anise-infused plum sauce, both aromatically and on the palate. Coating, lush and alluring, yet beautifully defined and elegant at the same time. This flows like a perfectly fitted full-length dress, grabbing your attention over and over. One of the few vintages here that saw a full two years in barrel, along with '05, '95 and '86.—Non-blind Château Margaux vertical (December 2013). Drink now through 2035."
- Item #: i_345760Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "One of the wines of the vintage, the 2000 has barely budged in its evolution since it was bottled and released in 2002. After ten years in bottle, it still reveals a dense opaque purple color along with a potentially sensational bouquet of blueberries, black currants, graphite, asphalt and background oak. Extremely powerful, full-bodied and superbly concentrated with good acidity and high but round tannins, this massive La Mission-Haut-Brion should take its place among this estate’s most hallowed vintages when it hits full maturity in another one to two decades. I was surprised by just how youthful this wine tasted at age 12. If tasted blind, I would have guessed it to be around 4 to 5 years old."
- Item #: i_345858Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96James Suckling: 94WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "This wine stands out as a sensational effort just a few years away from full maturity. A 50/50 blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, the wine displays loads of scorched earth and smoky barbecue scents along with blueberry, black raspberry and black currant. The wine is expansive, has a savory, broad palate and a full-bodied mouthfeel, yet possesses vivid purity and uplift. The tannins are still present, but they are sweet and well-integrated. This wine should hit full maturity in another year or two and last for at least 20 more years."
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A soft and rich red now with so much meat, chocolate, stone and even game. Then there's dark and bright fruit under. Full body, velvety tannins and a fresh finish."
- Item #: i_351899Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "I drank this fabulous 2000 Pontet-Canet in Hong Kong last summer at home with family. It was a wonderfully complex wine that was really starting to show its best. On the nose it displayed tar and currants with hints of dried fruits and berries. It was full-bodied yet so refined and delicious at the same time."
- Item #: i_345813Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Beautiful aromas of raspberries, Indian spices, crushed flowers and berries. Full-bodied, with a solid core of ripe fruit and silky tannins. Long and delicious. A very fine and pretty wine. Best Talbot in years."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "This was a strong performance (better than my original notes suggested) by the 2000 Talbot. Close to full maturity, it exhibits a dense ruby/plum/purple color in addition to a subtle herbaceousness intermixed with smoked meats, black currants, licorice, cedar, and foresty notes. Rich and full-bodied with light tannins, and a slightly richer, more savory, broader, deeper style than I remember..."