- Item #: i_376412Bottle Size: 750mlThe Champagne Naturellement by Cazé-Thibaut is the result of biodynamically farmed, 100% Meunier grapes harvested in Châtillon-sur-Marne, a village located in Vallée de la Marne. Vinification occurs for 50% in fût de chêne and 50% in steel tanks for this rare Champagne Blanc de Meunier - particularly vertical, where acidity, minerality and fine perlage invite champagne lovers to sip it.
- Item #: i_326780Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Premier Cru Les Vignes de Vrigny is a very unique expression of 100% Pinot Meunier that emerges with an enticing array of licorice, mint, flowers and dried pears. This deceptively mid-weight wine offers lovely depth and a long, resonating finish. With time in the glass the wine grows more and more beautiful. While this Champagne shows more than enough complexity to offer fine drinking today, there is also plenty of minerality to provide at least a few years of cellaring for readers who prefer wines with a little more time on the cork. This bottling spent 36 months on its lees and was disgorged in July, 2008. Anticipated maturity: 2008-2012. Egly-Ouriet remains one of Champagne's leading cult growers. From top to bottom these wines impress with their inimitable class. A non-interventionalist approach in the vineyards and cellar, old-vine parcels in top vineyards and long lees-aging are some of the qualities that define these sublime Champagnes. This is a phenomenal demonstration of the heights that the oft-maligned Pinot Meunier grape can reach in Champagne when the right terroir is coupled with masterful vineyard management and winemaking. 70% from the outstanding 2002 vintage, this black grape beauty is fashioned from 40 plus year-old vines on terrain that is a virtual extension of the Montagne de Reims. "Vrigny" spends three years sur lattes and is finished with minimal dosage. It is singular cuvées like "Vrigny", that gives Egly-Ouriet its strong cult following."
- Item #: i_378965Bottle Size: 750mlA single vineyard Premier Cru Champagne from the "Tue Boeuf" site near Epernay. The parcel was planted more than 50 years ago entirely to Pinot Noir. For the 2012 harvest yields were a minuscule 30 hl/ha. Malolactic fermentation was blocked and the wine was matured for eight to twelve months in used barriques prior to the second fermentation. Dosage was just two gram per liter.
- Item #: i_377242Bottle Size: 750mlIMPORTER'S NOTES-"I’m sure we’ll start referring to this as “Lord Eugene” at some point, we’re such wags. It replaces/updates the old NV (which was called “Noire Reserve); based on 2013 with a perpetual reserve going back to 2003, deg 12/2105, it’s 80% Meunier and 20% PN. The aroma is refined, friendly but not ingratiating; on the palate it’s a superb Blanc de Noirs, diligent, structured, fruity but not gushing, disciplined but not severe. I think and have always thought it’s the ideal for Meunier NV; thoroughly delicious but not an avalanche of chocolate and pumpernickel." —Terry Theise
- Item #: i_374357Bottle Size: 750mlPETER LEIM TWO STARS - "Named for the clay crystalline mineral found in the area around Cuisles and Joncry, this is a blend of 95 percent Meunier and 5 percent Pinot Noir. It’s ripe and concentrated in the style of the 2012 vintage, yet the heaviest influence here is that of soil, which infuses the wine with a distinctively stony, umami-tinged minerality. While it’s youthful and brisk, needing more time to settle down and bring its components into harmony, it feels superbly expressive, and promises to become even more so with time in the cellar. Last tasted: 3/17,"
- Item #: i_379384Bottle Size: 750mlThis is 100-percent Pinot Meunier Special Club hails from four select parcels from the Les Fortes Terres vineyard in Cuisles. The warm, south-facing exposure of the site usually renders memorable Champagnes that are silky and full-bodied with plenty of depth. This 2014 edition is no exception as this review suggests:
VINOUS WINE MEDIA 92 POINTS-"The 2014 Brut Special Club Les Fortes Terres shows a more overt side of Meunier. Apricot, orange peel, chamomile, almond and spice notes are all kicked up a notch in this decidedly rich, sumptuous Champagne. Moreover, the Fortes Terres really stands out in this range for its bold, forward personality. Dosage is 3 grams per liter. Disgorged: November 18, 2018."
- Item #: i_375414Bottle Size: 750mlIMPORTER'S NOTES-"100% Meunier, and a lower pressurage. It is, touchingly, a tribute to Cédric’s father, who was mayor of Cuisles and who “loved Cuisles.” 50-50 2014-2015...zero dosage; it’s a rugged, muscular Meunier, showing more locality than fruit. Water drains into the soil’s third layer, the green clay Illite, which occurs nowhere else in Champagne. If you want a solid contained Champagne (and fear a drop of sweetness will kill you) this one’s pretty impressive." —Terry Theise