- Item #: i_311377Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes - "Our Bouzeron comes from vines situated on the best slopes of the appellations. We have planted the golden Aligoté doré grape, which gives lowers yield and more aromatic wines than its cousin, the Aligoté vert. True to its varietal nature, our Bouzeron is a liveley, fruity wine, but it also has a finesse and roundness that spring from the essential nature of the terroir. These qualities lend it great versatility. To best appreciate the freshness and fruit, it would be drunk young, within two or three years. To allow the wine to fully develop fullness and "fatness", age it for up to ten years. It should be served chilled, at about 54°F, as an apéritif, with seafood, or with a number of cheeses (goat cheese, Cantal, Beaufort, Parmesan, Roquefort, etc."
- Item #: i_350697Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC
The Aligoté is the traditional white grape of Burgundy. 60 year-old vines from within the commune of Meursault. This is a great value, and we should all be thankful that the Boissons have resisted the temptation to re-plant this site with Chardonnay.
Burgundy Aligoté reveals a very aromatic nose of fresh almonds and quince. This balanced and straight wine has a lovely mineral taste on the finish.
- Item #: i_353485Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "From a parcel of centenarian vines located between Ladoix and Corgoloin, the 2018 Bourgogne Aligoté Les Chaignots reveals aromas of warm bread, almond paste, pear and waxy citrus rind. Medium to full-bodied, textural and multidimensional, it's long and concentrated, with lovely cut and chalky grip. This is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_351896Bottle Size: 750mlFresh, fruity aromatics introduce a mouthful of rich, lively orchard fruits - pears, apples and white peaches - splashed with lemony zip and tangy minerality. Rich and vibrant with oodles of personality, persistence and stony length. This is delicious and terrific! Don't miss it!
- Item #: i_352092Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate is organic since 2008 with a AB/Ecocert certificate. The vinification is clearly based on low intervention – no sulphur added during vinification and only a little sulphur added at the bottling. Pataille is also working with Biodynamic methods – although not certified Biodynamic.
Sylvain Pataille is a big fan of the Aligote grape – and he is making several different bottlings of Aligote. These are some of the most balanced and elegant Aligote wines made in Burgundy. He does bring forward the refinement and delicacy of the Aligote grape like few others.