- Item #: i_352147Bottle Size: 750mlVery dark. There is an aroma of stylish black berry fruit inside the bouquet, which has an oaked, grilled outer, black cherry, the fruit clear, some nutshells also. This is sleekly fruited, with crisp tannins, mineral, vin de terroir within the oak. There is a close link between nose and palate. It drives along on a smooth route, presents very fine juice. Graphite and close-knit juice appear on the finish. "It is square, runs straight down the line, has graphite, minerality.
- Item #: i_353301Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 92JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS: "Attractive peppery and spicy nose with an air of complexity and real interest. Plenty of stony aromas, violets and blackberries. The palate has a fluid, supple build with plush ripe dark plum and blackberry fruit flavors amid muscular but resolved tannins. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS: "Lively raspberry and blackberry coulis flavors pump through, lined with a mouthwatering anise note. The finish is streaked with singed apple wood details, leaving an energetic feel. Very solid. Drink now through 2027. 2,940 cases made."
- Item #: i_352074Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Wine Spectator: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 100JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "As good as Hermitage can get, the 2015 Hermitage from Jean-Louis Chave reminds me of a hypothetical mix of the 2010 and 1990 with its incredible purity, finesse, and elegant paired with awesome depth and structure. This heavenly wine exhibits a deep purple color as well as a powerful bouquet of crème de cassis, blackberries, dried violets, graphite, and crushed rocks, with a liquid mineral component that’s just about impossible to find outside of the Bessards lieu-dit in Hermitage. Full-bodied and massively concentrated on the palate, yet with laser-like precision and clarity, it needs a solid decade of cellaring and will keep for 40+ years or more. It’s not as sexy or overt as the Cuvee Cathelin, but is every bit as good."
WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "I had the opportunity to retaste the wonderful 2015 Hermitage and have taken this opportunity to up my rating of it a couple of points, more in line with how I thought it would turn out from barrel than when I first tasted it from bottle last year. Yes, it's closed up pretty tight, but the potential is clearly enormous, with pungent, peppery aromas accenting espresso, black olive and blackberries. Full-bodied, dense and supremely concentrated, with a tremendously long finish, this is a vintage to put away and forget for at least 5-6 years, maybe a decade."
- Item #: i_350726Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "A wine that might surpass the 2009 and 2010 is the 2015 Hermitage La Chapelle, which has more than a passing resemblance to the 1990. This inky black/blue-colored Hermitage offers an off-the-charts array of blackberries, blueberries, crushed rocks, wood smoke and charred meats. Thick, unctuous, full-bodied and incredibly layered, with sweet tannin, it's a tour de force that’s going to have three to four decades of longevity."
- Item #: i_321299Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine Pradelle is a family estate since 1854 managed by the Pradelle brothers, Jacques and Jean-Louis, and Antoine Pradelle, the son of Jacques.The vineyard is 35 hectares and located all around Tain l’Hermitage on the both sides of the Rhone river. On the left-bank of the Rhône the grapes are used to make Crozes-Hermitage. Courbis is the name of the single vineyard.
11 months in 30hl barrels-15% new oak. Clay with gravel Now until 2017