- Item #: i_350579Bottle Size: 750ml100% Syrah.
The powerful nose is showing black pepper, blackberries and subtle violet flavours. The taste is full-bodied and dense, with silky and firm tannins. It could be paired with lamb, beef and spicy dishes as well as a great array of strong cheeses. It could be cellared for more than 15 years or enjoyed in its youth by decanting for at least an hour before serving.
Domaine Gripa has named their top Saint Joseph cuvée “Berceau”. It is a selection of their oldest vines from the appellation. There is only one hectare of vines that produce this label. Exclusively planted on terraces, these challenging vineyards can only be maintained by hand. The granite soils of Saint Joseph provide great freshness to the wines, despite their low acidity.
- Item #: i_350004Bottle Size: 750ml"Opaque ruby. Deep-pitched black and blue fruit, floral pastille, olive and smoky mineral character on the nose. Sweet, spicy and penetrating on the palate, offering juicy blueberry and cherry cola flavors underscored by a peppery quality that adds back-end spiciness and cut. Youthfully firm tannins add shape to the finish, which hangs on with impressive, dark-berry-driven tenacity." VINOUS
- Item #: i_352147Bottle Size: 750mlVery dark. There is an aroma of stylish black berry fruit inside the bouquet, which has an oaked, grilled outer, black cherry, the fruit clear, some nutshells also. This is sleekly fruited, with crisp tannins, mineral, vin de terroir within the oak. There is a close link between nose and palate. It drives along on a smooth route, presents very fine juice. Graphite and close-knit juice appear on the finish. "It is square, runs straight down the line, has graphite, minerality.
- Item #: i_350369Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER 95-97 POINTS: "The tiny-production 2015 Saint Joseph Le Paradis Saint Pierre (100% Syrah aged in 5% new barrels) is a blockbuster that needs to be purchased by the case. Its inky color is followed by loads of liquid blackberry, cassis, crushed rocks, and damp earth/forest floor aromas and flavors. This full-bodied, ultra-pure, yet gorgeously concentrated effort has enough tannin to warrant 3-4 years of bottle age and will keep for two decades."
- Item #: i_351140Bottle Size: 750mlFrancois Villard La Brocarde comes from vines planted on the Cote Blonde with up to 13% Viognier in the blend. The wine takes its name from the La Brocarde lieu-dit. The berries are whole cluster fermented and up to 30% of the grapes are destemmed. The wine is aged in between 80% new, French oak barrels to 100% new, oak, depending the character of the vintage. The wine spends close to 18 months in barrel before bottling. The production is quite small as only 100 cases are produced in an average year.
- Item #: i_350875Bottle Size: 750mlIntense, dark-fruited Syrah from the Northern Rhône. It warrants a little decanting and is a perfect pairing with any hearty dish.
- Item #: i_350726Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "A wine that might surpass the 2009 and 2010 is the 2015 Hermitage La Chapelle, which has more than a passing resemblance to the 1990. This inky black/blue-colored Hermitage offers an off-the-charts array of blackberries, blueberries, crushed rocks, wood smoke and charred meats. Thick, unctuous, full-bodied and incredibly layered, with sweet tannin, it's a tour de force that’s going to have three to four decades of longevity."
- Item #: i_321299Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine Pradelle is a family estate since 1854 managed by the Pradelle brothers, Jacques and Jean-Louis, and Antoine Pradelle, the son of Jacques.The vineyard is 35 hectares and located all around Tain l’Hermitage on the both sides of the Rhone river. On the left-bank of the Rhône the grapes are used to make Crozes-Hermitage. Courbis is the name of the single vineyard.
11 months in 30hl barrels-15% new oak. Clay with gravel Now until 2017
- Item #: i_351746Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99+Wine Spectator: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 99+ POINTS - "Am I being stingy in only awarding Rostaing's 2015 Cote Rotie la Landonne 99+ points? This is a tremendous wine, showing immense richness and power without any apparent weight. Raspberries flood the palate in waves, accented by various spices in a wine that's intensely tannic yet never hard or astringent. Breathtaking stuff."
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - " The 2015 Côte Rôtie La Landonne is more tannic and structured, with the smoky, meaty, mineral-laced bouquet I always find in this terroir. Black, black fruits, full body, a layered, rich, opulent texture, and building tannin make for one seriously impressive Côte Rôtie that needs to be forgotten for 5-7 years. It will last for 2-3 decades. The son of René, Pierre Rostaing, is now taking a more leading role in this terrific estate. The 2015s are beautiful wines, but don’t discount the 2016s, which are almost as impressive."
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "A broad and deep wine, filled with dark fig, blackberry and boysenberry compote flavors that are layered with graphite, warm ganache and smoldering tobacco flavors. A warm cast iron notes echoes resoundingly through the finish, which is laden with serious grip."