- Item #: i_399922Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 - 94 POINTS - "This is a structured wine, with solid, smoky tannins. It has a strong core of dryness, tough at the edges even if rich in the middle. Blackberries and dark plum skins dominate the fruit flavors. It is going to develop well, although slowly.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2014 Grand-Mayne has a fragrant bouquet, perhaps more refined than in recent years with dried rose petals and incense fusing with the red berry fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, crisp acidity and a gentle build towards a vivid, lightly spiced finish that maintains impressive delineation, perhaps less extracted and more precise than wines of the past. This is a superb Grand-Mayne that represents a subtle change in tack for the estate—one that this writer approves of. Tasted on three occasions and consistent every time."
- Item #: i_344052Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91ROBERTPARKER.COM 91 POINTS: "The 2014 Latour-Martillac has an attractive bouquet with intense blackberry, briary, warm gravel and balsamic notes that are very well defined and evoke Pessac-Léognan through and through. The palate is medium-bodied with supple, ripe tannin. It feels gentle in the mouth, not structured but fleshy and full, fanning out with crushed strawberry, red cherry and white pepper towards the satisfying finish. This is early drinking compared to its peers, yet well crafted. Could it have striven for more? Yes, probably."
- Item #: i_333022Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 94JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS: "“The currant and berry character with hints of chocolate is impressive on the nose. Full body, tangy acidity and soft and velvety tannins. It’s rich and satisfying. Second wine of Pichon Baron.”
- Item #: i_352494Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards, which average 45 years of age, mostly planted to old varieties of Merlot and the rest Cabernet Franc, are situated on the gentle slopes of the plateau in Montagne, Saint-Émilion, Pomerol and Libourne. The soils here are clay-based, and provide the best raw material possible to make the classic wines of the region. As previously stated the are farmed with the strictest organic principles, with harvesting done by hand.
Their flagship label, Maison Blanche, is a blend of Merlot and Cabernet Franc from old vines with incredibly low yields. It ages for 18 months in barrel before being bottled with very little sulfur. This is serious and structured without being too heavy and has the stuffing for cellaring.
- Item #: i_354104Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92James Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS: "This second wine of Calon Ségur is beautifully proportioned. It is fruity with rich tannins. At the same time, the crisp fruit of the vintage gives a lift to the deep concentration. Let the wine develop over several years."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS: "Blackberry, mushroom and flower aromas follow through to a full to medium body, round and juicy tannins and a flavorful finish. Like the hints of bitter oranges."
VINOUS 92 POINTS: "A rich, flamboyant wine, the 2014 Marquis de Calon Ségur is just as exotic from bottle as it was from barrel back in early 2015. A host of inky blue and purplish-hued stone fruit, lavender, spice, tobacco and leather are pushed forward. The wine is endowed with serious fruit intensity, but there is plenty of supporting tannin as well. A sleeper for the vintage, the 2014 Marquis de Calon Ségur has enough depth and pedigree to develop beautifully for years."