- Item #: i_311367Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Truly great stuff, this wine performed at a three-digit level both in the horizontal tasting of 2005s in Baltimore, as well as in Montreal at this mini-vertical. This sensational, opaque, bluish/purple wine offers up notes of vanillin, spring flowers, blueberry and blackberry liqueur, plus a touch of licorice. The wine hits the palate with a thunderous cascade of ripe, rich, concentrated fruit. It is full-bodied, multidimensional and layered. The tannins are beautifully integrated but still present, and the wood, acidity, alcohol, etc., are all beautifully assimilated in this magnificent, majestic vintage of Angelus. It can be drunk now, but it is still an adolescent and that suggests it has at least another 25-35 years of longevity."
- Item #: i_350231Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 100James Suckling: 100WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS: "Dark in color, almost purple black, with pure tapenade and hints of ripe plum and berry. Full-bodied, with layer upon layer of velvety tannins and chocolate, berry, vanilla and tea flavors. Lasts for minutes. I am blown away by this wine. This has been amazing since the moment I tasted it from barrel. Reminds me of the superb 1950. Best after 2015. *Top 100 Wines of 2008*"
- Item #: i_353035Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Wine Spectator: 98James Suckling: 98JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "This really does have a wonderful texture that is reminiscent of great pinot noir while remaining obviously cabernet franc and merlot. It shows a seductive nose of cream, berries, chocolate and flowers. It's full-bodied, very intense and seamless in length. Pure class. Drink now and enjoy but will improve for years ahead."
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Displaying spectacular aromatics of mulberry, blueberry and raspberry fruit, a dense ruby/purple color, and sweet floral notes, in the mouth the 2005 La Conseillante is not as broad and powerful as Petrus, Trotanoy, Hosanna or Lafleur, but it is gorgeously silky, elegant and stylish. This medium-bodied, savory wine is a graceful, provocative and compelling Pomerol to drink now and over the next 25 years."
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "This is decadent and wild on the nose, with fresh cèpe, raw steak and wild berry. Full-bodied, with loads of velvety tannins, yet refined and caressing in every way. A beautiful, balanced red. The best young wine ever from this producer. *Highly Recommended*"
- Item #: i_345341Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 98 POINTS: "The 2005 Latour (87% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest Merlot and Petit Verdot) is a spectacular effort from Château Latour. It has an inky plum/purple color and a gorgeous nose of graphite, crème de cassis, and floral notes with some forest floor in the background. It is full-bodied, super-concentrated, and for my taste, probably one of the two or three most intense, rich, and complex wines of the entire Médoc. The wine has great texture, purity and a finish of close to 40 or 45 seconds. The tannins are surprisingly sweet, even in this large-scaled, masculine wine. Drink it over the next 50+ years."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 100 POINTS, WINE & SPIRITS 100 POINTS,JAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS, WINE SPECTATOR 99 POINTS
- Item #: i_351953Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 94Vinous Media: 95Decanter: 95Wine Enthusiast: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The 2005 Pichon-Longueville Baron is another concentrated, full-bodied 2005 that’s starting to drink well. Cassis, black cherries, tobacco leaf, cedar and classic Pauillac lead-pencil characteristics all emerge from this ripe, sexy, surprisingly rounded effort that has a stacked mid-palate and sweet, polished tannin. It’s impressive today but is going to cruise for another two to three decades."