- Item #: i_353206Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 90 to 95 PointsDECANTER 95 POINTS "The only part of the Mouton vines that had some frost in 2017, yet maintaining its signature rich round flavours of creamy citrus and powerful white peach and pear notes. A bitter saffron point gives focus and lift on the finish. This is a brilliant Aile d'Argent, wonderfully balanced with real complexity, offering volume and structure through the palate and a saline-streaked juicy finish."
- Item #: i_354343Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 93 - 95 POINTS - "There was no malolactic fermentation and no Muscadelle this year--both unusual for Aile d’Argent. Composed of 55% Sauvignon Blanc and 45% Sémillon (harvested August 30 to September 5), the 2018 Aile d'Argent has 13% alcohol and is a little reticent to begin, offering fragrant notions of lemongrass, freshly chopped ginger and lemon tart with a core of fresh pineapples, white peaches and aniseed. The palate is rich, sultry and exotic with loads of spices and tropical fruit and an electric backbone of acid, finishing very long."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 - 94 POINTS - " A light, fresh style, with flashes of herb, sel gris and white asparagus that are very pure, opening slowly to show white peach and honeysuckle details. Very pretty."
- Item #: i_300065Bottle Size: 375MLWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 97Wine Enthusiast: 97 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERTPARKER.COM 97 POINTS: "The pale to medium lemon-gold colored 2005 d'Yquem opens with a provocative, mineral and earth-tinged nose of chalk dust, wet pebbles and dried wild mushrooms over a core of warm apricots, green mango, honeyed toast, ginger and pink grapefruit plus wafts of honeycomb, orange blossoms and saffron. The palate confirms the wine is still a little closed and shut down, offering achingly gorgeous glimpses at the tightly wound, intricate layers structured with a racy acid line and wonderfully creamy texture, finishing incredibly long and perfumed. This decadent flavor bomb still needs a good five to seven years in bottle before it is set to go off, but oh what a spectacle it will give then!"
- Item #: i_351581Bottle Size: 750mlThis beautiful, aromatic white Bordeaux is a blend of Semillon with Sauvignon Blanc and finally a small percentage of Muscadelle that brings even more fruit and spice to the table. Add it all up and you have a beautifully balanced mouthful of bright, fresh, crisp fruit and earth to pair with fish, shellfish and poultry.
- Item #: i_345784Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 100James Suckling: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "There are 10,000 cases of this perfect sweet white Bordeaux. The 2001 Yquem reveals a hint of green in its light gold color. While somewhat reticent aromatically, with airing, it offers up honeyed tropical fruit, orange marmalade, pineapple, sweet creme brulee, and buttered nut-like scents. In the mouth, it is full-bodied with gorgeously refreshing acidity as well as massive concentration and unctuosity. Everything is uplifted and given laser-like focus by refreshing acidity. This large-scaled, youthful Yquem appears set to take its place among the most legendary vintages of the past, and will age effortlessly for 75+ years. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2100+."
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"The greatest young Yquem I have ever tasted from bottle. Yellow, with a golden hue and an almost green tint. Intense aromas of botrytis, spices and blanched almonds follow through to honey, maple syrup, dried apricot and pineapple. Full-bodied, sweet, thick and powerful, with layers of fruit and a bright, lively finish. Coats the palate yet remains exciting. So balanced and refined, showing the pedigree that only this Sauternes estate can deliver. Best after 2012. *Collectibles - Ranked #10 in Top 100 Wines of 2005*"
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"What a pure wine, with honey, caramel, cooked apple, bon bon, and pear tart. Dried apricots and peaches develop with time in the glass. What a palate, it is very sweet and rich at the impact, but then it’s dense and opulent like a Grand Cru Burgundy, think Montrachet. Apples, honey, and pineapples with hints of mango on the palate. This is an incredible wine, a real dream, a legend. 150 grams of RS."
- Item #: i_354296Bottle Size: 375mlWine Enthusiast: 91 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This is a dense wine, with intense botrytis as well as floral honey and spice. It is just reaching balance, keeping its acidity while also smoothing out the richness. Drink the wine from 2020."
- Item #: i_354301Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 98Wine Spectator: 98Vinous Media: 98James Suckling: 97Decanter: 98 PointsWine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS: "Quite ripe, with lush waves of cassis, cherry preserve and raspberry puree flavors gliding through in no hurry, but maintaining definition and cut along the way as bramble, tar and melted licorice snap notes slowly emerge throughout. The finish features an intense echo of pastis and sweet tobacco, showing serious latent grip. Best from 2023 through 2038."
VINOUSMEDIA 98 POINTS: "The 2016 Smith Haut Lafitte is flat out stunning. Rich, ample and explosive, the 2016 possesses tremendous energy and tension to play off the wine's dark, rich fruit. I am not sure I have ever tasted a young Smith Haut Lafitte with such extraordinary balance. In 2016, the Grand Vin is tense and pulsing with energy. Hints of lavender, spice, menthol and crème de cassis open up in the glass, but the 2016 stands out for its feel and exceptional harmony. The combined effects of picking a bit early, vinifiying more gently and reducing the impact of oak are having a profound effect at Smith Haut Lafitte. Thinking of some of the highly regarded wines of the last decade here, the 2009 and 2010 in particular, well, the 2016 is on another level. This is magnificent showing from proprietors Florence and Daniel Cathiard, and their team led by Technical Director Fabien Teitgen."
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS: "Composed of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot and matured in 60% new oak for 18 months, the 2016 Smith Haut Lafitte has a very deep garnet-purple color, opening with sensuous scents of warm black cherries, blackberry pie, star anise and fragrant lilacs with hints of chocolate box, cigar box and pencil lead plus wafts of truffles and crushed rocks. Medium to full-bodied, rich and seductive, it completely fills the palate with perfumed black berry preserves and superbly plush tannins, finishing epically long and beautifully layered."
DECANTER 98 POINTS: "A brilliant wine, one of the best ever at this property. Straight from the first nose you feel an added dimension and aromatic complexity to this bottle. The diversity of flavours tumbles out on the attack, from brambled autumnal fruits to tighter, fresher black cherry and cassis notes. The body is deeply coloured, full of life and pleasure, with rich, deep cassis and high but generous alcohol that's not intrusive but showing through in the smooth texture. It was great En primeur and is even better today. 1% Petit Verdot finishes the blend."
JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS: "The blackcurrant and blueberry aromas are lifted and beautiful. Lots of flowers, too, together with some mushroom and dried-flower undertones. Full-bodied with firm and very silky tannins giving a lovely texture. Bright acidity lifts the finish and gives it drive and force. Better after 2025"
WINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS: "This hugely dense wine is complex and full of juicy, succulent, smoky Cabernet Sauvignon. The tannins are at the service of the fruits. The wine still has a long way to go before maturity. Don’t think about drinking it before 2025."
JEB DUNNNUCK 97 POINTS: "Moving to the reds, the 2016 Château Smith Haut Lafitte checks in as 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, and 1% Petit Verdot that spent 18 months in 60% new oak. It’s undeniably a more elegant, reserved style from this estate, yet it still offers full-bodied richness and depth, with a classic perfume of cassis, black currants, cold fireplace, wood smoke, and tobacco. Deep, nicely concentrated, seamless, and, again, incredibly elegant, it’s going to flesh out nicely with short-term cellaring and keep for 20-30 years.
- Item #: i_354056Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottle"This is the second wine of Clos Haut-Peyraguey. It comes from a fine Sauternes vintage with a great balance between acidity and rich sweetness.Light and fruity with a mineral, dried apple, light clove and honey character. Medium body and a simple finish."