- Item #: i_352749Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 95Wine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 97 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "This wine is dense, mingling spicy nutmeg along with superb ripe honey and marmalade flavors. With its balanced acidity and opulence, it is going to be a great wine."
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the top sweet wines in this report is the 2016 Château Coutet, which has the vintage’s plush, opulent style as well as thrilling purity and good acids. Pineapple, white flowers, sugared peach, and honeyed notes all emerge from this full-bodied, layered, balanced Barsac that’s already impossible to resist yet will evolve gracefully 2+ decades."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character draws you into this concentrated and elegant Barsac. Then the crisp acidity and a wave of lemon and mineral character comes through, driving the finish out in the direction of the horizon. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Pale lemon colored, the 2016 Coutet reveals gorgeous quince paste, candied ginger and key lime pie scents with touches of lemon marmalade and peach compote. Full-bodied, rich and seriously seductive, it has a lively line cutting through the sweet, dense layers and epically long finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Unctuous in feel, with marzipan, candied orange peel and praline notes leading the way for a juicy display of mango, peach and papaya flavors. The rich finish has a nice toasty hint. Best from 2023 through 2038."
- Item #: i_351105Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Served from an ex-chateau bottle. The 1995 Chateau d’Yquem is moving into its secondary aroma phase. A deep golden color, it has a dense and almost Barsac-like bouquet with tangerine, apricot, acacia and melted candle wax. It displays good intensity, unfolding beautifully in the glass. The palate has a strident opening, with a slight bitter edge that lends this Yquem great tension. One can discern layers of marmalade infused with honey fruit, with a powerful, spicy finish that lingers long in the mouth. This is drinking perfectly now, but will surely age with style over many years."
- Item #: i_360688Bottle Size: 375mlWine Spectator: 98**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS: "A jaw-dropper, with quince, persimmon, mango, fig and blood orange marmalade notes providing a kaleidoscopic experience as this moves along, slowly pulling in more ginger, marzipan, green fig and date notes. The finish is so seamless it feels like glistening porcelain. Drink now through 2040. 417 cases made."
- Item #: i_352182Bottle Size: 375mlWine Spectator: 97**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS: "This still has a youthful golden color, with accents of marzipan and buttered brioche hinting at some evolution, while the core offers a magnificent display of creamed yellow apple, mirabelle and mango flavors infused with chamomile, honeysuckle and jasmine. The long finish has both waxy and racy elements, with more marzipan as well as green tea and verbena echoing. Absolutely stunning. Drink now through 2050. 183 cases made."
- Item #: i_351607Bottle Size: 750mlThis straightforward and delicious dry white Bordeaux displays a tantalizing nose of vibrant gooseberry and passionfruit aromas with flavors of honey & fresh melons braced by a savory spine of minerality. Medium bodied with good acidity and ample fruit this fresh bright refreshing and well-priced Bordeaux Blanc is one of the better values from Entre Deux Mers. Made by Pierre Lurton the general manager of Cheval Blanc and Yquem among others. (Sauvignon Blanc & Semillon)
- Item #: i_350942Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 89-91ROBERT PARKER 89-91 POINTS: "The Clos Floridene 2014 has a crisp, quite minerally bouquet that is well defined and focused. These aromatics possess charm and personality. The palate is medium-bodied with firm, slightly dry tannin but with plenty of Graves-like character coming through on the cool and classic finish. This is a well crafted wine but hey, we take that as given nowadays."
- Item #: i_345784Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 100James Suckling: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "There are 10,000 cases of this perfect sweet white Bordeaux. The 2001 Yquem reveals a hint of green in its light gold color. While somewhat reticent aromatically, with airing, it offers up honeyed tropical fruit, orange marmalade, pineapple, sweet creme brulee, and buttered nut-like scents. In the mouth, it is full-bodied with gorgeously refreshing acidity as well as massive concentration and unctuosity. Everything is uplifted and given laser-like focus by refreshing acidity. This large-scaled, youthful Yquem appears set to take its place among the most legendary vintages of the past, and will age effortlessly for 75+ years. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2100+."
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"The greatest young Yquem I have ever tasted from bottle. Yellow, with a golden hue and an almost green tint. Intense aromas of botrytis, spices and blanched almonds follow through to honey, maple syrup, dried apricot and pineapple. Full-bodied, sweet, thick and powerful, with layers of fruit and a bright, lively finish. Coats the palate yet remains exciting. So balanced and refined, showing the pedigree that only this Sauternes estate can deliver. Best after 2012. *Collectibles - Ranked #10 in Top 100 Wines of 2005*"
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"What a pure wine, with honey, caramel, cooked apple, bon bon, and pear tart. Dried apricots and peaches develop with time in the glass. What a palate, it is very sweet and rich at the impact, but then it’s dense and opulent like a Grand Cru Burgundy, think Montrachet. Apples, honey, and pineapples with hints of mango on the palate. This is an incredible wine, a real dream, a legend. 150 grams of RS."
- Item #: i_351774Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96James Suckling: 96-97JAMES SUCKLING 96-97 POINTS - "This is really something. I have never tasted a Guiraud like this. This is full-bodied yet so fresh and incredibly crisp and lively. Spicy and energetic. Fantastic acidity!"
WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "The 2015 Guiraud, tasted in two occasions, has a sumptuous bouquet with scents of wild honey, apricot and a faint smear of marmalade. The palate is fresh and tensile on the entry, brimming with energy with impressive energy towards the blood orange and quince-tinged finish. This is a stylish, suave Guiraud that should age beautifully in bottle."
- Item #: i_351426Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Wine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 - 94 POINTS - "This 100% Sauvignon Blanc offering is the second white by Smith Haut Lafitte. With excellent acidity and a fine herbal character, expect a wine that is tight, crisp and deliciously fresh."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Delicious aromas and flavors of white peaches and light hay. Full body, bright acidity and tangy, sliced-lemon and green-apple character. Hints of candied fruit. Real sauvignon blanc character. Light, herbal undertones. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Nice purity, with lemon peel, white peach and verbena notes backed by a hint of shortbread that blossoms on the finish, giving this a flattering edge."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The Les Hauts de Smith 2016 Blanc is pure Sauvignon Blanc matured in around 50% new oak. It has a pleasant bouquet with yellow flower aromas complementing the citrus fruit, though it takes a little more encouragement than the Le Petit Haut Lafitte, which has the benefit of the Sémillon. The palate is well balanced with some lovely tropical tones on the entry, dried pineapple, paw paw and then later a touch of lemongrass. I appreciate the way this finishes... with a bit of gusto! I always love this white Pessac-Léognan and this 2016 might be as good as the 2015 last year. This comes recommended."
- Item #: i_352620Bottle Size: 750mlStraw yellow in color, this wine offers aromas of fresh fruit with acidulated notes such as lemon. On the palate, it shows a round and fresh attack with an initial touch of lemon, followed by boxwood and grapefruit flavors which linger on a fresh finish of considerable refinement. Blend: 70% Sauvignon Blanc, 28% Semillon, 2% Muscadelle
- Item #: i_352423Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95James Suckling: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Among the whites of the vintage, the 2016 Château Pape Clément Blanc is one of the most concentrated, deep, and full-bodied whites out there, offering up a red wine-like structure to go with beautiful notes of white grapefruit, Meyer lemon, crushed rocks, and exotic flowers. A blend of 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 36% Sémillon, 9% Sauvignon Gris, and 5% Muscadelle, all from deep gravelly soils and brought up in 55% new French oak, this incredibly textured, pure, balanced white needs 3-4 years of bottle age and will keep for two decades or more."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "High-end Pessac-Léognan can sometimes be too imposing to drink when it is young. But here, there’s such freshness to the melon, pear and white-peach aromas with hints of candied lemon and vanilla, that you can’t resist. Concentrated, but with a sleek silhouette, this moves extremely gracefully across the palate. The super-elegant finish has vibrancy that suggests very long aging potential."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The Pape Clement 2016 Blanc is a blend of 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 36% Sémillon, 9% Sauvignon Gris and 5% Muscadelle. It leaps from the glass with gregarious scents of ripe peaches, fresh grapefruit and key lime pie plus touches of cedar, honeysuckle and toast. Medium-bodied, the palate offers fantastic precision and depth, with layers of citrus and stone fruit flavors supported by a racy line of freshness, finishing very long."