- Item #: i_353206Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95 PointsDecanter: 95 PointsDECANTER 95 POINTS "The only part of the Mouton vines that had some frost in 2017, yet maintaining its signature rich round flavours of creamy citrus and powerful white peach and pear notes. A bitter saffron point gives focus and lift on the finish. This is a brilliant Aile d'Argent, wonderfully balanced with real complexity, offering volume and structure through the palate and a saline-streaked juicy finish."
- Item #: i_352749Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 95Wine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 97 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "This wine is dense, mingling spicy nutmeg along with superb ripe honey and marmalade flavors. With its balanced acidity and opulence, it is going to be a great wine."
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the top sweet wines in this report is the 2016 Château Coutet, which has the vintage’s plush, opulent style as well as thrilling purity and good acids. Pineapple, white flowers, sugared peach, and honeyed notes all emerge from this full-bodied, layered, balanced Barsac that’s already impossible to resist yet will evolve gracefully 2+ decades."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character draws you into this concentrated and elegant Barsac. Then the crisp acidity and a wave of lemon and mineral character comes through, driving the finish out in the direction of the horizon. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Pale lemon colored, the 2016 Coutet reveals gorgeous quince paste, candied ginger and key lime pie scents with touches of lemon marmalade and peach compote. Full-bodied, rich and seriously seductive, it has a lively line cutting through the sweet, dense layers and epically long finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Unctuous in feel, with marzipan, candied orange peel and praline notes leading the way for a juicy display of mango, peach and papaya flavors. The rich finish has a nice toasty hint. Best from 2023 through 2038."
- Item #: i_353086Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Tasted single blind against its peers. Under blind conditions, the Yquem 2007 shines like a diamond. Nevertheless, it is initially rather taciturn on the nose, eventually opening up beautifully with touches of lemon curd, Mirabelle, and clear honey. The palate is medium-bodied with very fine definition and there seems to be a great deal of energy and vigor dispensed for your pleasure. There is such race and nervosity, and then that finish just purrs with harmony and focus. This Yquem feels just so alive and vivacious, yet there is an effortless quality here that is unmatched by its peers."
- Item #: i_352957Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 98**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS - "Lightly toasted marshmallow and macadamia nut aromas lead the way, followed by incredibly juicy mirabelle plum, green fig, and glazed pear and peach flavors. As big as this is, there are still plenty of honeysuckle, quinine and chamomile notes kicking the finish into yet another gear. This has purity and length to burn, with decades more to go. Best from 2020 through 2050."
- Item #: i_353581Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 93**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2001 vintage was a late ripening one for the estate by an Indian summer like 1988 and 1997. The first wave of picking was between September 29 - October 4 and the final passage through the vineyard occurred on October 24. Delivering 132 grams-per-liter residual sugar and 13.88% alcohol, it has a limpid golden hue. The bouquet is very perfumed with beautifully defined Seville orange marmalade, Manuka honey and minerals all vying for attention. The palate is medium-bodied with a viscous entry, noticeable acidity (a total acidity of 5.3 grams) that lends this race, and a citric line that runs from start to finish. There is a resinous/waxy note developing on the ginger-tinged finish that lingers long in the mouth."
- Item #: i_352992Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThe wines of Chateau Gilette are released on average, between 20 and 25 years after the vintage! The wine remains in tank for close for almost 20 years before it's even bottled! At that point, Chateau Gilette ages the bottled Sauternes wine for an additional 3-5 years! Chateau Gilette at its best is filled with tropical, honey drenched fruit and spices. But the wine lacks vanilla, coconut or custard scents, as well as some of the fatness found in many Sauternes, as it was not aged in French oak.
- Item #: i_345784Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 100James Suckling: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "There are 10,000 cases of this perfect sweet white Bordeaux. The 2001 Yquem reveals a hint of green in its light gold color. While somewhat reticent aromatically, with airing, it offers up honeyed tropical fruit, orange marmalade, pineapple, sweet creme brulee, and buttered nut-like scents. In the mouth, it is full-bodied with gorgeously refreshing acidity as well as massive concentration and unctuosity. Everything is uplifted and given laser-like focus by refreshing acidity. This large-scaled, youthful Yquem appears set to take its place among the most legendary vintages of the past, and will age effortlessly for 75+ years. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2100+."
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"The greatest young Yquem I have ever tasted from bottle. Yellow, with a golden hue and an almost green tint. Intense aromas of botrytis, spices and blanched almonds follow through to honey, maple syrup, dried apricot and pineapple. Full-bodied, sweet, thick and powerful, with layers of fruit and a bright, lively finish. Coats the palate yet remains exciting. So balanced and refined, showing the pedigree that only this Sauternes estate can deliver. Best after 2012. *Collectibles - Ranked #10 in Top 100 Wines of 2005*"
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"What a pure wine, with honey, caramel, cooked apple, bon bon, and pear tart. Dried apricots and peaches develop with time in the glass. What a palate, it is very sweet and rich at the impact, but then it’s dense and opulent like a Grand Cru Burgundy, think Montrachet. Apples, honey, and pineapples with hints of mango on the palate. This is an incredible wine, a real dream, a legend. 150 grams of RS."
- Item #: i_352758Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93 PointsDecanter: 93 PointsDECANTER 93 POINTS - "They have managed to get the Haut de Smith signature in this wine, and for me it is one of the most successful whites of the vintage in terms of accessibility and affordability. It has so much personality, showing grilled apricots and concentrated, rich citrus, with rosemary and sage edging and a mineral lick on the finish. The acidity gives persistency and lift, but it feels tame and under control. Harvested 24 August to 9 September, so at least 10 days earlier than usual. 50% new oak. An obvious buy for the vintage."
- Item #: i_353025Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93 PointsJames Suckling: 93-94Decanter: 93 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 93-94 POINTS - "This shows beautiful density and layers for a baby white with cooked apples, pears and hints of yogurt. Full-bodied, fresh and bright."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "This is an exceptionally good Clarté, a second wine to buy this year if you possibly can, underlining just what exceptional whites have been produced at the Haut-Brion stable in 2017. It has lovely aromatics, with persistent flavours of exotic stone fruit, white flowers, soft rosemary and slatey minerality. It's generous without losing focus. Just 7% of production was put into Clarendelle. Harvested 22 to 31 August. 60% new oak."
- Item #: i_353506Bottle Size: 750mlStraight out of the bottle the aromatics leap from the glass. Notes of pineapple and gooseberry mesh with capsicum and white pepper. On the palate, there is plenty of stone fruit, more than the nose might suggest. As a result, the acidity is mellow and refreshing.
- Item #: i_352620Bottle Size: 750mlStraw yellow in color, this wine offers aromas of fresh fruit with acidulated notes such as lemon. On the palate, it shows a round and fresh attack with an initial touch of lemon, followed by boxwood and grapefruit flavors which linger on a fresh finish of considerable refinement. Blend: 70% Sauvignon Blanc, 28% Semillon, 2% Muscadelle
- Item #: i_352423Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95James Suckling: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Among the whites of the vintage, the 2016 Château Pape Clément Blanc is one of the most concentrated, deep, and full-bodied whites out there, offering up a red wine-like structure to go with beautiful notes of white grapefruit, Meyer lemon, crushed rocks, and exotic flowers. A blend of 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 36% Sémillon, 9% Sauvignon Gris, and 5% Muscadelle, all from deep gravelly soils and brought up in 55% new French oak, this incredibly textured, pure, balanced white needs 3-4 years of bottle age and will keep for two decades or more."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "High-end Pessac-Léognan can sometimes be too imposing to drink when it is young. But here, there’s such freshness to the melon, pear and white-peach aromas with hints of candied lemon and vanilla, that you can’t resist. Concentrated, but with a sleek silhouette, this moves extremely gracefully across the palate. The super-elegant finish has vibrancy that suggests very long aging potential."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The Pape Clement 2016 Blanc is a blend of 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 36% Sémillon, 9% Sauvignon Gris and 5% Muscadelle. It leaps from the glass with gregarious scents of ripe peaches, fresh grapefruit and key lime pie plus touches of cedar, honeysuckle and toast. Medium-bodied, the palate offers fantastic precision and depth, with layers of citrus and stone fruit flavors supported by a racy line of freshness, finishing very long."
- Item #: i_373424Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 97WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Big, rich and juicy. Voluptuous, with aromas of caramel, apple and light tropical fruit. Full-bodied, round and very sweet, with loads of ripe fruit and a long butterscotch and piecrust aftertaste. Viscous texture. Hard not to drink it now. A wonderful sticky. Best after 2010. *Collectibles*"