- Item #: i_353206Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 95DECANTER 95 POINTS "The only part of the Mouton vines that had some frost in 2017, yet maintaining its signature rich round flavours of creamy citrus and powerful white peach and pear notes. A bitter saffron point gives focus and lift on the finish. This is a brilliant Aile d'Argent, wonderfully balanced with real complexity, offering volume and structure through the palate and a saline-streaked juicy finish."
- Item #: i_352708Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 94-96**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "The dark horse of the Yquem tasting at CECWINE in November 2004. A slight deeper colour compared to the 79 and 80. Rich honey and peach with superb definition and focus. The palate has great balance and verve with exquisite freshness and joie-de-vivre. Apricot and orange. There is a lot of finesse and grace here. It its harmony and texture, rather than concentration that elevates it above the others."
- Item #: i_352957Bottle Size: 375mlWine Spectator: 99James Suckling: 98**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE SPECTATOR 99 POINTS - "A lovely, creamy, tropical style, with mango, papaya and guava notes lending a caressing feel, while singed almond and warm piecrust accents blossom through the lush finish. Just when you think that's all there is, toasted coconut, fig, orange blossom and persimmon details kick in, lending length and dimension. The finish is ridiculously long."
- Item #: i_351607Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 92
DECANTER 92 POINTS - "This delicious, fresh and precise white comes from the home estate of Pierre Lurton, managing director of Château Cheval Blanc in St. Emilion and Château d'Yquem in Sauternes. It has Granny Smith apple, pear and peach notes alongside apricot and nectarine juice with a hint of creaminess around the edges from ageing in oak barrels. Serve cold and pair with any type of seafood. The 65 hectare vineyard of Château Marjosse is HVE certificated and planted to 45% Semillon, 45% Sauvignon Blanc and 10% Muscadelle for the white wine."
- Item #: i_345784Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 100James Suckling: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "There are 10,000 cases of this perfect sweet white Bordeaux. The 2001 Yquem reveals a hint of green in its light gold color. While somewhat reticent aromatically, with airing, it offers up honeyed tropical fruit, orange marmalade, pineapple, sweet creme brulee, and buttered nut-like scents. In the mouth, it is full-bodied with gorgeously refreshing acidity as well as massive concentration and unctuosity. Everything is uplifted and given laser-like focus by refreshing acidity. This large-scaled, youthful Yquem appears set to take its place among the most legendary vintages of the past, and will age effortlessly for 75+ years. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2100+."
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"The greatest young Yquem I have ever tasted from bottle. Yellow, with a golden hue and an almost green tint. Intense aromas of botrytis, spices and blanched almonds follow through to honey, maple syrup, dried apricot and pineapple. Full-bodied, sweet, thick and powerful, with layers of fruit and a bright, lively finish. Coats the palate yet remains exciting. So balanced and refined, showing the pedigree that only this Sauternes estate can deliver. Best after 2012. *Collectibles - Ranked #10 in Top 100 Wines of 2005*"
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"What a pure wine, with honey, caramel, cooked apple, bon bon, and pear tart. Dried apricots and peaches develop with time in the glass. What a palate, it is very sweet and rich at the impact, but then it’s dense and opulent like a Grand Cru Burgundy, think Montrachet. Apples, honey, and pineapples with hints of mango on the palate. This is an incredible wine, a real dream, a legend. 150 grams of RS."
- Item #: i_399914Bottle Size: 375MLJames Suckling: 96**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS: "Ripe lemon peel and orange. Some honey and vanilla with loads of new wood. Dense and very sweet on the palate with nice pure fruit and firm tannins from the oak that still needs time to soften. This Sauternes shows a wonderful fruit and excellent potential, but needs time. Try in 2018."
- Item #: i_353506Bottle Size: 750mlStraight out of the bottle the aromatics leap from the glass. Notes of pineapple and gooseberry mesh with capsicum and white pepper. On the palate, there is plenty of stone fruit, more than the nose might suggest. As a result, the acidity is mellow and refreshing.
- Item #: i_300073Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93Decanter: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "I like the complexity to this with light apricots, peaches, green pears and hot stones. Medium-bodied, tight and compact. Framed by phenolics. Very attractive and serious. A blend of 80% sauvignon blanc and 20% semillon. Drink or hold."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "Has a little more density through the palate than the Les Hauts de Smith Blanc, with an intensity that adds structure and minerality. Tends to come from grapes picked slightly later (80% Sauvignon Blanc and 20% Semillon), which translates into a powerful white that has slate texture and a saline finish. An extremely classy second wine."
- Item #: i_352620Bottle Size: 750mlStraw yellow in color, this wine offers aromas of fresh fruit with acidulated notes such as lemon. On the palate, it shows a round and fresh attack with an initial touch of lemon, followed by boxwood and grapefruit flavors which linger on a fresh finish of considerable refinement. Blend: 70% Sauvignon Blanc, 28% Semillon, 2% Muscadelle
- Item #: i_354054Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleSTEPHEN TANZER 92 - 95 POINTS - "Very intense aromas of orange blossom, lemon curd and tangerine zest are complicated by a pretty floral nuance and show strong, clean, pure botrytis character. Enters dense, sweet and honeyed, with noteworthy depth and precision to its flavors of fresh citrus fruit, apricot and saffron. Though quite sweet, the wine's sound acidity gives it impressive clarity, and the smooth, viscous finish goes on for minutes."
- Item #: i_354056Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottle"This is the second wine of Clos Haut-Peyraguey. It comes from a fine Sauternes vintage with a great balance between acidity and rich sweetness.Light and fruity with a mineral, dried apple, light clove and honey character. Medium body and a simple finish."