- Item #: i_300182Bottle Size: 750MLTasting notes by Serge Dubs, World's Best Sommelier 1989 :
Young, lively colour, moderately intense, bright lemon yellow with pistachio green hints, a flash of silver, delicately velvety and silky in appearance. Attractive, agreeable bouquet, not too forward, aromatic, perfumed, nicely elegant and refined. Mainly floral aromas of fresh rose, jasmine, reseda, lily, freesia, primrose, with passion fruit, mango and pear. The mouth is filled with aromas that are generous, yet still soft and suave to flatter and charm the palate. It is almost dry, with an elegant finish that is crisp and refreshing. A wine to enjoy now while it is young and its varietal qualities are clearly defined. Ideal as an aperitif, or at any time, to share an agreeable moment with friends. Serve at 8°C. Serve with cheese : munster, auvergne blue, stilton, aged goat's cheese, also with lightly spiced, tasty dishes, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, and with fruit based cakes and desserts. May be aged for 2 to 3 years.
- Item #: i_354095Bottle Size: 750mlFélix Meyer is a rising star in Alsace and has an evident instinct for his craft. Since taking over in the family domaine 1992, Félix has already left his own mark, modernizing equipment in the winery, developing export sales, and now expanding the family’s holdings in many of Alsace’s great vineyard sites, including several grand crus. It’s all about the details at Meyer-Fonné, with an emphasis on tradition and respect for terroir. The winery and family home is in the village of Katzenthal, known for its distinctive granite soils. Racy and elegant, his wines are difficult to resist young but have all the right qualities for the cellar. For aromatic and textural seductiveness, no one in Alsace can top Meyer-Fonné. Shop all wines from Meyer-Fonné.
- Item #: i_354186Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "Flinty, smoky notes of reduction for now cloud the nose, but in an appealing way. Underneath await stirrings of peach and mandarin peel. The palate is equally complex, presenting juicy pear notes, subtle citrus and more of that alluring, earthy smoke. It's an intriguing Gewurztraminer with an off-dry, smooth but fresh finish."
- Item #: i_373047Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91VINOUS 91 POINTS - "Pale yellow-gold. Fresh, lively aromas and flavors of smoky duck sausage, cinnamon, rose petal and grapefruit. Very long, rich and dense Gewürz that closes pleasantly lifted and spicy. I like how light on its feet this is, despite its richness. Improves greatly with a little aeration, so make sure you leave it in the glass for about five minutes before you start drinking, or decant ahead."
- Item #: i_354284Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94An enormously concentrated gewurztraminer that has some creaminess and density from bortrytis. But there is also staggering freshness and energy. A very long finish that is anything but heavy or cloying. Drink or hold. Made from biodynamically grown grapes.