- Item #: i_345329Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 95JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "This is an exceptional white with compact, powerful aromas and flavors of hot stones, sliced white peaches and cloves. Full body. Flavorful finish. From biodynamically grown grapes. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_351603Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Bright straw-yellow. Aromas and flavors of tangerine, guava, lemon jelly and lemon verbena are complicated by a strong presence of orange peel on the long back end. Outstanding acid-sugar balance (35 g/L residual sugar and 5.4 g/L total acidity) and a refined mouthfeel make this racy, fresh wine the best Gewürz from Weinbach in 2016. This really showcases the greatness that grand cru vines can deliver."
- Item #: i_300182Bottle Size: 750MLTasting notes by Serge Dubs, World's Best Sommelier 1989 :
Young, lively colour, moderately intense, bright lemon yellow with pistachio green hints, a flash of silver, delicately velvety and silky in appearance. Attractive, agreeable bouquet, not too forward, aromatic, perfumed, nicely elegant and refined. Mainly floral aromas of fresh rose, jasmine, reseda, lily, freesia, primrose, with passion fruit, mango and pear. The mouth is filled with aromas that are generous, yet still soft and suave to flatter and charm the palate. It is almost dry, with an elegant finish that is crisp and refreshing. A wine to enjoy now while it is young and its varietal qualities are clearly defined. Ideal as an aperitif, or at any time, to share an agreeable moment with friends. Serve at 8°C. Serve with cheese : munster, auvergne blue, stilton, aged goat's cheese, also with lightly spiced, tasty dishes, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, and with fruit based cakes and desserts. May be aged for 2 to 3 years.
- Item #: i_354095Bottle Size: 750mlFélix Meyer is a rising star in Alsace and has an evident instinct for his craft. Since taking over in the family domaine 1992, Félix has already left his own mark, modernizing equipment in the winery, developing export sales, and now expanding the family’s holdings in many of Alsace’s great vineyard sites, including several grand crus. It’s all about the details at Meyer-Fonné, with an emphasis on tradition and respect for terroir. The winery and family home is in the village of Katzenthal, known for its distinctive granite soils. Racy and elegant, his wines are difficult to resist young but have all the right qualities for the cellar. For aromatic and textural seductiveness, no one in Alsace can top Meyer-Fonné. Shop all wines from Meyer-Fonné.
- Item #: i_334257Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92Wine Enthusiast: 94The robe is light golden yellow with green reflections of good intensity. The disk is bright, limpid and transparent. The wine shows brilliant youth. The nose is marked, pleasant and intense. Sophisticated, we perceive a dominant of exotic scents : grapefruit, banana, litchi, papaya and flowers (rose). The airing enhances these scents and reveals mango, passion fruit, spices and candied ginger. The superb quality of the raw material gives a brilliant, precise and distinguished nose. It radiates the expression of this excellent grape variety. The onset in the mouth is dense, fleshy and mellow. It shows a superb silky touch and a full-bodied alcohol support. The wine evolves on a medium with a frank liveliness, marked by a sparkling note. The range of flavours is in line with that of the nose, still dominated by citrus fruits (orange, grapefruit), exotic fruits (litchi, banana, mango, papaya), flowers (rose) and spices (candied ginger). We perceive a hint of savoury varietal bitterness. The finish has a long length, 9-10 caudalies, and a frank liveliness and a persistent bitterness. The superb structure is savoury. The rich and mellow body is admirably set against the edge and the refreshing firmness. All bathed in sophisticated aromatic flavours.
- Item #: i_354186Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "Flinty, smoky notes of reduction for now cloud the nose, but in an appealing way. Underneath await stirrings of peach and mandarin peel. The palate is equally complex, presenting juicy pear notes, subtle citrus and more of that alluring, earthy smoke. It's an intriguing Gewurztraminer with an off-dry, smooth but fresh finish."
- Item #: i_373047Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 90WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "Very ripe notes of pear and peach dominate the nose, while the palate brims with freshness. The concentrated body has texture from the zestiness but also that background of ripe richness. It finishes completely dry, with a streak of mandarin on the long finish."