- Item #: i_354185Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 96WINE ENTHUSIAST 96 POINTS - ""Lemon and grapefruit zest are subtle but distinct on this wine's nose. The palate shows immense concentration, centered around vivid citrus zestiness that brightens and tingles on the midpalate. There is something driven and taut here, stony and bold."
- Item #: i_352545Bottle Size: 750mlThe Beck-Hartweg vineyard has one more special feature: 25% is classified as Grand Cru Frankstein (only 4% of the total Grand Cru production of Alsatian wine has this classification) and is spread among four south-east sloping hillsides of solid granite. The mountain granite soil is a composite of light, stony,shallow sand and forces the roots to penetrate down into the rock fissures for nutrients which gives the wine crystalline minerality and long finish.
- Item #: i_350892Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95Organic and Biodynamic (certified by Ecocert & Demeter)
Offers a delicate nose of fresh orchard fruit and light floral notes with a touch of beeswax. The granite of the terroir can be felt through a crisp and vivid acidity. The palate is light-bodied and balanced with a slight minerality for an endless finish.
- Item #: i_350834Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "I love the orange and nectarine character on the nose. Although this is quite full-bodied on the palate, there's a very clean acidity. Still a bit challenging at the finish. This should gain some more harmony in 2019 and 2020. Made from organically grown grapes."
- Item #: i_354073Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "Almost absurdly fresh for its age. The spicy and mineral complexity is just beginning to emerge from the cloak of ripe tree fruits. This is as graceful as it is concentrated and as pristine as it is powerful. The best vintage of this wine so far released and the shining star of the vintage. Delicious now, but probably has a couple of decades ahead of it if you can resist its fascination now."
- Item #: i_354177Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "Subtle notes of tart but aromatic apple reach the nose. The palate of this wine is dry and concentrated, displaying juicy notes of tart apple and ripe pear edged with gentle lemon. The mellow and subtle balance leads to a dry, vivid finish."
- Item #: i_353917Bottle Size: 750mlFélix Meyer’s old-vine Pinot Blanc from the slopes of Katzenthal, in Alsace, has long overdelivered in the role of the proverbial “crisp white” for which we long. It has obvious thirst-quenching properties, expressed in the form of perky acidity and a mouth-watering, almost smoky mineral note that grabs hold of the back of the palate.
- Item #: i_311104Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95BIODYNAMIC
WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "A glint of Mirabelle plum on the nose of this wine is edged with lemon and wet stone. The palate expands into a riper, juicier notion of melon and shows a salty, yeasty but also zesty texture guided by lemony freshness. The finish tapers to a linear dryness that shines with honesty and barely constrained energy."
- Item #: i_345654Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "For a seven-year-old dry white, this has great vitality. The more air it gets, the more candied-citrus, pear and dried-herb aromas emerge. Although the wine's frame is on the sleek side, there's serious concentration. The finish is very long with a cascade of herbal and mineral notes. Drink or hold.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Trimbach’s 2011 Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile leads with a fascinating nose mingling quinine and smoky black tea with the more usual lime, white peach and crushed chalk. Silken-textured and generously juicy, with hauntingly bittersweet inner-mouth floral perfume, it opens-up in an infectiously juicy manner one seldom expects from youthful exemplars of this cuvee, thus drinking-well before one is able to purchase it! (But at least you can safely count on savoring it in its elegant prime through at least 2025.) Lentil sprout, peach kernel, and almond oil add to the diversity of flavors already intimated on the nose in a superbly sustained, bell-clear and invigorating as well as surprisingly and delightfully buoyant finish.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Lovely spice and smoke notes lead the way in this firm, linear white, accenting poached apple, chopped almond, dried thyme and lemon pith flavors on the harmonious palate. Best from 2019 through 2029."
- Item #: i_334123Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 90Wine Enthusiast: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "Wet stone and fresh lemon are faint but distinct on the nose. A pure lemon flavor streaks across the slender, taut palate, with a comet-like spray of freshness. This wine is dry and, if it weren't for juicy glimpses of ripe lemon, would be almost austere."
JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS - "Quite tart and firm. This has enough depth to carry well, and there's a great burst of candied-citrus character at the long finish. Drink or hold."