- Item #: i_350919Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 95 POINTS - "Somewhat surprisingly this is even more floral with its cool and ultra-fresh nose of various dark berries, sandalwood and a lovely array of spices. I very much like the seductive texture of the big-bodied flavors that aren't quite as dense or structured as those of the Suchots but they're notably finer, all wrapped in a dusty, palate coating and gorgeously long finish. Excellent."
- Item #: i_351628Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 88 year-old vines, the oldest parcel of the domaine. A cushioned, deep, textured almost dark-fruity-chocolate nose. Mouth-filling, a little tannin plenty of supple structure, with a slightly more mineral and saline mid-palate and finish. Good flavour here. Very likeable wine…
- Item #: i_345431Bottle Size: 750MLROBERTPARKER.COM 93 POINTS: "Tasted blind at the Burgfest 2014 tasting, the 2014 Volnay 1er Cru Les Santenots-du-Milieu from Comtes Lafon is blessed with a sensual bouquet with plenty of dark cherry and blueberry fruit, maybe a slight malic scent just underneath. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy red berry fruit, a fine line of acidity, fresh and tensile with impressive mineralité coming through toward the finish. This is a stylish, well-crafted Santenots that should age well in bottle and may eventually merit a higher score. Tasted September 2017."
- Item #: i_350731Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 - 95 POINTS - "This is markedly more restrained with its reluctant aromas of brooding dark berry fruit, earth, sauvage and hints of dried flowers. There is excellent volume, concentration and imposing power to the big-bodied flavors that deliver plenty of minerality and outstanding persistence on the robust but balanced finish. This classically proportioned Clos de la Roche is indisputably going to require extended keeping."
- Item #: i_345629Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92 - 95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS -"Don't Miss - Outstanding! This is also gorgeously spicy with ripe and very fresh black cherry, red currant and sandalwood aromas. There is superb intensity to the overtly mineral-driven and beautifully delineated middle weight flavors that are shaped by a very firm but not hard tannic spine as there is good phenolic maturity here. I very much like the balance of the long and quite serious finale that is an exercise in harmony, indeed this could aptly be described as quite Zen-like. In a word, brilliant."
- Item #: i_345593Bottle Size: 750MLIn 228 liter oak casks for 10 months (30% in new oak) then 5 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
Wines so powerful and full demand to be matched with dishes of the same caliber. Virile, four-sided tannins cry out for roast lamb, rib steak, or joints of game. Autumn and winter dishes in the right setting match the profound and meaty personality of these great wines : braised beef or pork, for example, or any other good red meat. Fine, whole-milk, soft-centered cheeses will also do them proud.
- Item #: i_345631Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 94Vinous Media: 91-92BURGHOUND 94 POINTS: "A discreet application of wood is present on the exceptionally spicy nose of equally pure, cool and airy extract of red and dark berry fruit, violet and Asian-style tea aromas. There is good size and weight to the tautly muscled but suave, intense and detailed medium weight plus flavors that are underpinned by firm tannins and evident minerality on the succulent and mouth coating finish. This is perhaps a bit richer than it normally is at this early stage and should be approachable a bit earlier than usual but overall 2014 is a fantastic vintage for the Drouhin PM. Highly recommended."
eROBERTPARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Vosne Romanée 1er Cru les Petits Monts was picked on September 16 and contains 20% whole cluster fruit. Due to be bottled next spring, it has a very fragrant, quite floral bouquet with black cherries, blueberry, minerals and rose petals -- very seductive and detailed. The palate is medium-bodied with svelte, quite lush black fruit, saline in the mouth with very fine tannins interlacing the finish. This is beautiful Petits Monts from Drouhin."
VINOUSMEDIA 91-92 POINTS: "(from a crop level of 28 hectoliters per hectare): Healthy red-ruby. Deeply pitched aromas of dark fruits, licorice and menthol reminded me a bit of Richebourg. Bone-dry and uncompromising in the mouth, with concentrated, well-delineated mineral and floral flavors dominating in the early going. Finishes with serious but fine-grained tannins and lovely floral persistence. Serious, firm and built to age." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_345706Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 90-93Vinous Media: 90-93BURGHOUND 90-93 POINTS: " Here too there is enough wood to notice though not overshadow the otherwise fresh, cool and restrained nose of red and dark currant, earth, sauvage and discreet floral hints. There is excellent intensity to the well-delineated big-bodied flavors that possess impressive power and punch on the long and moderately austere finish. This excellent effort is a textbook Vaucrains that is absolutely going to require extended cellaring."
eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Nuits Saint Georges 1er Cru les Vaucrains has a stylish bouquet with ebulliant red cherry, strawberry and cold stone scents that are beautifully defined. The palate is ripe and sensual on the entry with a keen line of acidity. The tannin here really express the propitious nature of les Vaucrains, imparting impressive detail and precision on the long, sustained finish. Superb!"
VINOUSMEDIA 90-93 POINTS: "Healthy dark red. Reticent but ripe aromas of dark berries, licorice and bitter chocolate. Bigger and sweeter than the Boudots, showing lovely vinosity and saline energy. This is strong, dark and dense in 2014, with the cru's sometimes rustic tannins rounded by the character of the year. Very long on the aftertaste." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_350027Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "Reduction completely obscures the other aromas. As is usually the case the big-bodied flavors possess more size, weight and power and I particularly like the intensity flashed by the austere and backward yet remarkably deep and long finish. This is an imposing yet well-balanced effort that should age effortlessly for years to come."
- Item #: i_350556Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95WINE ADVOCATE 93 - 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Echézeaux Grand Cru comes from the usual two parcels in the vineyard that are harvested on the same day as usual and co-fermented. The 80% new oak is beautifully integrated with ebullient red cherry, raspberry and vanilla scents -- a bewitching bouquet. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, the fruit effortlessly soaking up the new oak, leaving you with an intense, mineral-rich finish with a saline tang on the aftertaste. A divine Echézeaux."
- Item #: i_345846Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 92-95 POINTS "SWEET SPOT, OUTSTANDING": "A discreet application of wood easily allows the ultra-pure and fresh aromas of essence of red currant, spice and soft earth aromas to have center stage. The detailed and almost painfully intense middle weight plus flavors display more evident minerality with the same excellent focused power of the best of these wines, all wrapped in a balanced, serious and equally built-to-age finale. Unlike the Les Cailles that could be approached young, I would suggest that you not buy this absent the express intent to cellar it for at least a decade."
- Item #: i_350328Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS: "This is broad and meaty, with underlying animal and woodsy elements playing off the core flavors of cherry, currant and mineral. Firm and lively, with a solid grip on the lingering aftertaste, this is fluid and vibrant overall.'
- Item #: i_350897Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 89-91Decanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS: "The charming Romain Taupenot represents the family’s seventh generation here, and he is a strong advocate of allowing terroir to shine through. Owning premier cru and villages level wines from Morey-St-Denis, Chambolle and Gevrey, this is a serious estate – and this Morey is sleek, spicy and fresh, supported by a mineral streak on the finish. The 20% new oak is beautifully integrated."
- Item #: i_377583Bottle Size: 750mlIMPORTER'S NOTES-"From one small plot of vines complantés, meaning that the grapes are harvested and pressed together on the same date. This requires a balancing act on the part of the vigneron(ne), who must weigh the pros and cons of harvesting for ripeness, acidity and overall balance as these two varietals normally ripen a few days apart. The soil here is predominantly Portlandian, which means that the chalky bedrock presents itself in large sheets and the topsoil is extremely rocky.
Slight toasty notes and citrus are present in the nose which lead into a wine with good richness but laser-like precision. High acidity and no dosage make for a vinous texture and great length."