- Item #: i_353019Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault Sous la Velle reveals inviting aromas of fresh pear and white flowers, complemented by hints of oatmeal and almond paste. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, layered and nicely concentrated, with lively acids and a charming, satiny profile. This will offer a broad drinking window."
- Item #: i_350691Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOATE 93 POINTS - "The lovely 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Maltroie reveals aromas of crisp green pear, honeycomb, fresh pastry and white flowers, followed by a medium to full-bodied, satiny but fine-boned palate that's elegant and precise. As I wrote last year, it combines some of the qualities of Chenevottes and Vergers."
- Item #: i_333543Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND: "An intensely floral nose also evidences notes of pear and a citrus hint that is picked up by the very fresh and energetic flavors that possess sufficient detail to be interesting on the round, rich and rather forward flavors, all wrapped in an acceptably long finish. The recent bottling has clearly disturbed the balance but it seems as though this should recover quickly."
- Item #: i_353016Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson-Vadot, run by father and son team of Bernard and Pierre Boisson, is one of the rising stars in Mersault. The philosophy of the Domaine revolves around careful, hands-on vineyard management to coax the greatest potential of each vintage out of the various plots, and low-impact winemaking in the cellars that allows the unique terroir of each vineyard to surface. New oak is very minimal, no more than 30% for the top cuvées, and much more restraint in the village wines and in Bourgogne Blanc. Pierre Boisson produces a village Meursault from his grandmother’s vineyards (50 year old vines in the lieu-dits of Criots and Perchots) that is hailed an model wine for the appellation. The Domaine also crafts other bottlings, from three of the best lieux à dits in Meursault: Sous la Velle , Grands Charrons (planted in 1988) and Chevalières (planted in 1982). The Grands Charrons is the most expressive, intensely flavoured of the three. The Sous la Velle is a more elegant version of the Grand Charrons. The Chevalières is the most mineral-driven, with a more restraint fruit flavours in its youth but great ageing potential- More like premier crus than village wines. Finally, Boisson-Vadot makes a powerful yet charming Meursault Genevrières premier cru.
- Item #: i_353253Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 96Decanter: 96**Please note, this is a half sized bottleDECANTER 96 POINTS - "Outer quote mark Anyone who feared that quality would drop after a change of ownership at this historic domaine will be happy to know that this grand cru white is as good as ever. Blending components from three different terroirs and altitudes, it's an elegant, textured, saline white of incredible precision and understated power, with subtle toasty oak and undertones of jasmine and lemongrass."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Outer quote mark The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is showing superbly from bottle, wafting from the glass with a complex and beautifully integrated bouquet of pear, citrus oil, toasted sesame, warm bread, oyster shell and white flowers. On the palate, it's full-bodied, layered and multidimensional, with a racy spine of acidity and superb concentration without weight, followed by a long, defined finish. Surpassing the high expectations I formed a year ago, this would appear to be the finest wine produced at Bonneau du Martray for over a decade."
BURGHOUND 91 - 94 POINTS - "Outer quote mark An elegant, pure and admirably fresh nose flashes notes of green apple, mineral reduction and white flower scents. The racy but lacy middle weight flavors possess both excellent detail and an abundance of minerality before culminating in a refreshing, dry and clean finish that is less austere than usual. This should age well over the next decade."
- Item #: i_353342Bottle Size: 750mlA brilliant golden color. There is a very perfumed floral nose of hawthorn mixed with aroma of almond paste and a touch of spices. The palate is big and well rounded with a rich intensity of vanilla and toast flavors. This wine represents a great persistence; it’s rich and expands offering a palate of beautiful complexity and density.
- Item #: i_353344Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 94 POINTS - "Pale yellow. Reserved aromas of tangerine, tangy peach, hazelnut and spicy oak are complicated by wet-stone minerality. At once thick and piquant, conveying a racier character than the broader, silkier Charmes. Classic dense, vibrant Genevrières with a long, slowly mounting finish that throws off notes of white truffle and flowers. This is superb. -- Stephen Tanzer"
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS
- Item #: i_344258Bottle Size: 750MLTillets is south facing and therefore profiting in more sunlight. This vineyard used to have lime-trees (called Tille Tillet Or) growing around the outskirts which in the medeival times were used for creating medicines. This soil gives us a wine that shows off the wonderful characteristics of a typical Meursault - the subtle yet powerful aromas staying loyal to its name. Subtle aromas of stone fruits, with a bold palate, balanced minerality, and a long, elegant finish. Pairs well with salmon.
- Item #: i_350966Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "e 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts, co-owned by Olivier Merlin and Dominique Lafon, does not include the oldest vines in this particular vintage. Since these were planted in 1917, this plot was bottled separately in magnums to celebrate its centenary. It has a very classy bouquet, one that is beautifully defined with orange pith, apricot, lime flower and jasmine aromas that all gain intensity with aeration. The quality terroir comes through, even without those old vines. The palate is fresh and citrus-driven on the entry, bright and vivid with notes of orange rind, pine kernels, hints of mango and spice. This feels very harmonious and focused, demonstrating impressive depth on the flinty finish. This is a very impressive Pouilly-Fuissé from one of its most historic and now rejuvenated vineyards"
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS -"The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts is very pretty, opening in the glass with a complex bouquet of peach, confit citrus, lemon and smoke, framed by a judicious touch of recently used oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and elegant, with succulent balancing acids. This is an ample, approachable and open-knit rendition of the Clos des Quarts, replete with immediate charm."
- Item #: i_353804Bottle Size: 750ml2017 Rully Blanc 1er Cru “Les Margotés” Domaine de Villaine Evoking fresh orchard fruit, white flowers, and chalk, Les Margotés is remarkably pure and will continue to age beautifully over 10-15 years. Kermit Lynch
- Item #: i_352914Bottle Size: 750mlBiodynamic wine producer
Artisan winemaker, I develop quality wines, as naturally as possible while respecting the environment and the terroir.
On the hillsides of the village of Viré, the soils are located between the limestone and marl-limestone layers of the upper Bajocian, which make the reputation of the Grands Crus of Burgundy. This Viré-Clessé comes from vines in organic farming.
Indigenous yeasts, 65% in tanks and 35% in new barrels
- Item #: i_350357Bottle Size: 750ml2017 was an incredibly successful vintage in Meursault, reaching the heights of the best vintages of the last decade. In fact the Wine Advocate and Vinous have rated the 2017 White Burgundy vintage overall just one point shy of the epic and uber-popular 2014 vintage.
John Gilman declares, "The white wines have the cut, energy and mineral drive of the very best white wines of the vintage... The overall lineup of 2017s from Dominique Lafon is simply outstanding in this vintage and no one is going to be disappointed with any bottle that they are lucky enough to come across in the market."
- Item #: i_345705Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is brilliant, opening in the glass with a youthfully reserved bouquet of ripe citrus fruit, wet stones and freshly baked bread. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a satiny, enveloping attack, superb cut and tension at the core and a long, precise finish. This elegantly muscular Pouilly-Fuissé is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_353887Bottle Size: 750mlThis plot lies over 7 ha, all in once. A vineyard with all the characteristics of a great terroir of Chablis: sunny exposure, Kimmeridgian limestone soil and 70 year-old vines. Ripeness can be achieved without losing the typical salty character of the terroir..
Food pairing The wine you would dream to have with the best seafish or a farmhouse chicken.
- Item #: i_352930Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 97 POINTS,
WINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS,
JOHN GILMAN 95 POINTS,
BURGHOUND 93 - 95 POINTS
- "Divided into three separate parcels, two in Puligny and one in Chassagne, the Leflaive holdings in Bâtard amount to a more than satisfactory 1.5ha. Rich, concentrated and well upholstered, this is a plush, dense, palate-coating white that flirts with exotic fruit but finishes with focussed, chalky minerality. Drinking Window 2021 - 2027."
- Item #: i_352931Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 97 POINTS - "Bienvenues is generally less powerful than Bâtard at Leflaive, and that's certainly the case here. But what this impressive grand cru lacks in terms of weight, it more than makes up for with precision. Tangerine and pink grapefruit flavours segue into a fresh, textured finish embellished by oak. Drinking Window 2022 - 2032."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 - 95 POINTS - "Like the Pucelles, the 2017 Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru is quite tensile and reserved, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green orchard fruit, iodine, orange rind and creamy new wood. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, textural and fleshy, but taut—even firm—at the core, with good concentration, tangy acid and a bright, chalky finish. Like all these releases, I'm looking forward to seeing it from bottle."
BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "from 45+ year old vines, which are the oldest of the Domaine). As is often the case chez Leflaive, the nose is quite similar to that of the Pucelles with the only difference being that it’s a touch riper. The highly succulent medium-bodied flavors possess equally good mid-palate sap while delivering excellent depth and persistence on the focused, balanced and wonderfully long finish. This is class in a glass and very BBM in character."
- Item #: i_353138Bottle Size: 750mlJOHN GILMAN 91 POINTS - "The nose is deep, pure and quite classy for its level, offering up scents of pear, apple, a touch of orange zest, lovely, chalky soil tones and a floral topnote. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied and really has a superb core of fruit this year, with excellent cut and grip, fine focus and a long, vibrant and impressively complex finish. There cannot be too many Bourgogne Blancs (outside of Coche-Dury) at this level."
- Item #: i_345641Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94-97WINE ADVOCATE 95 - 97 POINTS - "The 2017 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru delivers a vibrant but reserved bouquet of lemon zest, white flowers and crushed chalk that is still some distance from displaying all its breadth of expression. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, deep and tensile, with a tight-knit core, searingly intense chalky extract and an electric sense of energy, concluding with a long finish. This is the most linear Chevaliers I tasted in the 2017 vintage, which was typically somewhat more open at the same stage in Anne-Claude's day, so it will be interesting to see how much plenitude it displays in bottle."
BURGHOUND 93 - 96 POINTS - "An all-but mute if cool and elegant nose only grudgingly reveals its aromas of wet stone, white flowers, tangerine peel and jasmine tea. There is almost painful intensity to the larger-scaled yet refined flavors that brim with both dry extract and a driving minerality before concluding in an equally long finish. This too is very clearly built-to-age and is a superb Chevalier that is going to require extended patience."