- Item #: i_351473Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson, located in Meursault, was not very well known until recently. It was a kind of hidden gem. The domaine is part of the family Domaine Boisson-Vadot which is divided into three entities: the parents have Boisson-Vadot, the son Pierre Boisson and the daughter Anne Boisson. The élevage for the wines is long (between 15 and 20 months) and the quality of the wine is regular, with great finesse and infinite finish. The Meursault Sous la Velle has an open bouquet with aromas of citrus and white-fleshed fruit (apple and pear) and acacia notes. It has a fresh, nicely fruity palate with a distinctive mineral quality.
- Item #: i_353018Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The last vintage that will appear under the old Boisson-Vadot label is the 2016 Meursault Les Chevalières, a lovely wine that wafts from the glass with aromas of crisp yellow orchard fruit, orange oil, iodine and toasted nuts. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, firm and chiseled, with a tensile spine of acidity and a chalky, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_353423Bottle Size: 750mlCaves Jean Bourdy is one of the oldest domaines in the Jura, owned by the Bourdy family for 15 generations since 1475 in the village of Arlay. The Domaine is now run by brothers Jean-Phillipe and Jean-François, the 15th generation of winemakers at this estate.
The Domaine was certified biodynamic in 2006. The combination of some of the best terroir in the Jura and careful and patient winemaking results in wines that thoroughly express the land on which it is grown.
- Item #: i_350923Bottle Size: 750mlOne could say Bruno Clair is a vigneron’s vigneron. His wines are loved worldwide by those lucky enough to know them. But truly impressive is the respect he garners within Burgundy, where his fellow growers consider him one of the greatest of their ranks. They admire his attention to detail in the vineyard, his organic practices (even if he doesn’t bother with certification), and the long hours he and his crews put in. In the cellar, along with his longtime oenologist Philippe Brun (they have been called “the Batman and Robin of Marsannay”), Bruno produces wines that are loved for their purity of expression. They show no ego or even style, but just seem to be true to the essence of each individual vineyard.
- Item #: i_351598Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards are farmed organically. The only thing David Croix doesn’t like in 2016 is the lack of volume. He was full of praise for the quality of the vintage, explaining that the grapes were very healthy at harvest despite the difficult season, and said the aromas in the winery during fermentation were glorious. He describes the wines as “harmonious, with nothing that is out of balance”. No Bourgogne was made this year, there are tiny volumes of village wines and several of the Beaune Premiers Crus have been blended to make a single wine. In fact, only Corton-Charlemagne has achieved anything like a normal yield. This has delicious red fruit and almost endless strawberry and juicy cherry flavours- although this is not a massive wine. The 60-year-old vines are planted on shallow topsoil with lots of iron oxide which gives the dense tannic structure.
- Item #: i_352091Bottle Size: 750mlDemougeot is a native of Burgundy who started his domaine in the heart of Meursault in 1992. Today he has a total of almost 20 acres under vine and makes 14 different wines so there isn't much of any single wine. There are no synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers used in the vineyards. Much of the plowing is done with a horse and all harvest is by hand. The farming is probably closer to biodynamic than organic but he follows neither with religious ferver, instead relying on his connection with the land to determine the methods that keep the land the healthiest and most lively. The style here is one of classism and elegance. The wines are gentle and never forced yet have a verve that allows them to age with ease. Fermentation is done in cement cuve. Elevage is relatively long at 18 months for both the red and whites. Chardonnay grapes for this 2016 Meursault are sourced from three distinct parcels in three lieux-dits, namely ‘Les Chaumes, ‘Les Pellans’ and ‘Limouzin’. Vines are 18-60 years of age. Matured for 12 months in French oak barriques, 10% new. It shows hints of white peach and minerals on the nose. Elegant and bracing on the palate with beautiful notes of peach, apple, nectarine and minerality.
- Item #: i_334239Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 89-91 POINTS: "A hint of pain grillé is discernible on the more refined nose that displays essence of pear, citrus and white floral aromas. The refinement exhibited by the nose continues onto the textured and attractively intense medium-bodied flavors that possess a discreet minerality on the balanced, delicious and lingering finish. This is really quite good and worth a look."
- Item #: i_351992Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines are cultivated using non-certified organic methods
By ageing with just 20% in new barrels, and the rest in barrels that have held one, two or three wines, we preserve the unique character of the terroir. This is a Premier Cru with a nose of mimosa honey, Turkish Delight, followed by flowers, carnation-lilac-violet, bergamot-nutmeg spice… a mouthfeel of poached white fruits, grilled hazelnuts, white chocolate, sappy, sensual, an intense finish, long in the mouth.
- Item #: i_351282Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Aromas of lime zest, Anjour pear, oatmeal and dried white flowers introduce the 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières, a full-bodied, ample and satiny wine, with lovely mid-palate depth and dimension, concluding with a long, penetrating finish. The alliance of elegance with concentration and volume marks this out as potentially the finest of Ferret's 2016s, though the Tournant de Pouilly may give it a run for its money."
- Item #: i_351283Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93 PointsDecanter: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is one of the more reserved wines in the portfolio, unfurling reluctantly in the glass with notes of ripe lemons, yellow orchard fruit and pastry cream. On the palate, it's full-bodied, deep and dense, with considerable concentration and substance, balanced by the bright acids that this domaine seems so unfailingly to capture. This has considerable aging potential and will demand two or three years' patience."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "This cuvée hails from one hectare of old vines in an east-facing climat near the hamlet of Pouilly. A sweet bouquet of confit citrus, yellow orchard fruit, fresh almonds and orange zest is followed by a full-bodied, vibrant palate with an almost electric sense of energy, lovely depth at the core, and a long, pure finish. This is beautifully bright, yet also clearly the product of ripe grapes."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A pungent combination offers up strong notes of petrol where additional breadth is present in the form of essence of white orchard fruit and oak toast. The mouth feel of the equally sized flavors is slightly more refined yet there is fine concentration and punch on the bitter lemon-inflected finish. This needs a few years to better harmonize and to develop better depth but the underlying material appears to be present such that it should progressively improve."
- Item #: i_351264Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "Enough reduction is present to push the underlying fruit to the background. Otherwise there is a similar sense of energy to the slightly rounder and softer medium-bodied flavors that aren't quite as mineral-driven or complex but do offer fine persistence on the balanced finish. This should be approachable young if desired. This should be approachable young if desired."
- Item #: i_353236Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is complete with all of the bells and whistles this premier cru vineyard could ever offer. Its aromas and flavors of ripe fruit, cloves, and citrus peel should provide a great pairing mate with a classic Coq au Vin.
- Item #: i_351512Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of cassis, dark plums, baking chocolate and rosehip introduce the 2016 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale, a full-bodied, rich and layered wine with a broad-shouldered chassis of fine, stony tannins that are entirely enveloped in fleshy, gourmand fruit. This vintage is atypically rich and concentrated, so it's hard to predict if and when it will shut down."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(just over 14% alcohol; 40% of the crop was lost to frost): Bright red-ruby; the darkest of these 2016s. Also the fruitiest on the nose, with black cherry and dark raspberry aromas complemented by smoky minerality. Powerful, rich and chewy, showing good inner-mouth energy and savory complexity to its dense flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and menthol. Finishes fresh, sweet and long, with tongue-saturating tannins that are more obvious than those of Mugnier's '16s from Chambolle-Musigny but essentially smooth. This wine reminded me of a 2015 in style, although today all of Mugnier's 2016s share some of the earlier vintage's full ripeness and volume."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is appealingly super-fresh with its cool array of red currant, plum, earth and soft wisps of violet and lavender. The supple, round and utterly delicious medium-bodied flavors possess a really lovely mouthfeel thanks to the relatively fine-grained tannins that also shape the punchy, dusty and serious finale. I like the sense of harmony and this notably complex effort should be easily capable of rewarding 10 to 12 years of cellaring and holding for much longer."
- Item #: i_351915Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS: "The complexity and sheer magnitude of Montrachet is on full show here. A powerful expression of the largest holdings in the Puligny side of the vineyard. Grilled hazelnuts, grilled peaches, grapefruit and lemon citrus, as well as a layer of spiced nougat-like aromas. There’s a very long, concentrated and dense palate that starts out cloaked in flavors of rich peaches and glossy fruits. The flavors then peel away in layers as it sits on the palate, revealing a very focused, refined and essence-like citrus core with tremendous elegance and intensity. Drink or hold through the next decade. Or even longer if you desire."
BURGHOUND 95 POINTS: "DON'T MISS!"A strikingly pretty and layered nose reflects notes of mineral reduction, citrus peel, acacia blossom, spice and essence of green apple. There is excellent freshness and terrific intensity to the big-bodied and tautly muscular flavors that brim with impressive amounts of dry extract on the balanced and explosively long finish that really fans out as it sits on the palate. This is very much still a work in progress and I would recommend not touching a bottle for at least 5 years and 12 to 15 would be better."
- Item #: i_352738Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 94 POINTS - "Pungent herbs, lemon zest and marzipan on the nose. Superb intensity and inner-mouth lift to the flavors of green apple, green flowers and green melon. Juicy, concentrated, sappy and very long, with a rising, echoing back end. Leaves behind a taste of oystery sea water. Excellent material here but not particularly high in acidity."
- Item #: i_351055Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Corton Grand Cru Les Grandes Lolières Blanc is showing brilliantly from bottle, wafting from the glass with a deep and complex bouquet of crisp green pear, fresh peach, lemon oil, drawn butter, blanched almonds and wheat toast. On the palate, the wine is deep, full-bodied and textural, with an expressive core of fruit, racy acids and a long, penetrating finish. Integrated and intense, this is a beautiful 2016 white Burgundy."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(from the east side of the hill): Ginger-spiced apple and wet rock on the nose; one feels the cool quality of the mother rock as well as a sunny element. Very fresh and penetrating but harmonious from the start, with a subtle sweetness and complex minerality to its flavors of apple, spices and fresh herbs. Not yet showing huge dimension but this wine tastes more finished than many of the top 2016s here. This long, tactile grand cru should give relatively early pleasure but its dusty extract suggests that it will evolve gracefully."
- Item #: i_352736Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 93 POINTS - "Bright but slightly cloudy yellow. Slightly oxidative on the nose, as it’s still working. Then shockingly ripe and fresh on the palate, with a touch of sweetness virtually neutralized by penetrating appley acidity. Wonderfully broad but still youthfully disjointed; this tastes like a nine-month-old wine. Not at all a tropical style of Porusot, due in part to its strong acidity. It’s hard to scrape this very long wine off the palate."
- Item #: i_351281Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "This tightly textured wine comes from the vineyard at the top of the Puligny-Montrachet slope, which has a stony chalk soil. Wood-aging flavors add richness to this wonderfully full-bodied wine. The final acidity and texture will allow it to age for many years. Drink from 2023. (4/2019)
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2016 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Folatières (Domaine des Héritiers Jadot) is showing superbly from bottle, wafting from the glass with aromas of fragrant citrus fruit, crisp green apple, white flowers and subtle pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and layered, with a satiny texture, excellent concentration and a seamless, elegant profile. Jadot has several parcels in Folatières, so this is an important cuvée for them. It's well worth seeking out.(WK)
- Item #: i_313610Bottle Size: 750mlMaison Louis Latour is one of the most innovative producers in Burgundy whilst maintaining its traditional image. With a view to expanding the business in 1979, the valley of the Ardèche river with its clay and limestone-based soils was chosen as the ideal location to produce a top-quality Chardonnay wine. The Chardonnay d'Ardèche is aged in stainless steel vats for approximately 10 months. It is a fresh and easy to drink wine. Crisp, clean and delicious with outstanding complexity for the price, Latour’s Ardeche delivers a basket full of sundry autumn apple and dried orchard fruit flavors. Refreshing and invigorating, here’s the perfect after work “pick-me-up” that delivers way beyond the wine’s meager price point. No oak or butter, just a delightful glass of Chardonnay at your disposal that’s perfect for snackies and light hors d’oeuvres!
- Item #: i_349990Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS, STEPHEN TANZER 92 - 94 POINTS - " Still a bit cloudy. A syrup of yellow fruits on the reticent nose (Saouma referred to Folatières as "the Condrieu of Burgundy"). At once thick, pure and dry, with strong mineral thrust giving precision to the middle palate. There's a stony spring water note here from the mother rock. This very dry, serious Folatières finishes wonderfully stony and salty, with strong dry extract and outstanding floral lift--almost austere on the end following the syrupy nose. Not at all an outsized wine but this is still expanding. I have little doubt that it will turn out to be a more serious wine than many early-bottled 2016s from this vineyard."
- Item #: i_350628Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91BURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "Sweet Spot! Outstanding!"An overtly smoky nose features exotically spiced aromas of tea, pear, apple and acacia blossom. The beautifully detailed, stony and delicious flavors possess a highly sophisticated mouth feel before concluding in a beautifully persistent finish. A classic Genevrières of style and grace."
- Item #: i_351775Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 97 POINTS:"This is quite discreet with only barely perceptible cool citrusy wisps of ripe pear, white peach and apricot aromas that also exude a hint of mandarin orange. The borderline massive flavors are enormously powerful yet focused and despite the size, weight and punch, the finish is almost delicate. A built-to-age Montrachet that remains light on its feet. In a word, wow."
- Item #: i_351184Bottle Size: 750mlThe negiciant house Maison Leroy was founded by Francois Leroy in the small village of Auxey-Duresses in 1868. Henri Leroy joined the business in 1919 and when daughter Lalou Bize-Leroy took over her father's negociant business in 1964, she became one of the first women to head an important firm in Burgundy. As well as an unwavering devotee of biodynamism, Bize-Leroy is a passionate believer in low yields. Leroy is known for wines with incredible density and intensity of fruit. This basic Bourgogne Blanc offers a level of fruit intensity and extraction that is uncommon for white Burgundy. Meticulous in its integration of oak to the texture, there's lots of ripe fruit, long-lasting flavors and a fine, laser-sharp finish.