- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Delivers a bright and engaging range of Jonagold apple, melon and pear flavors, with a light hazelnut echo through the finish. Fresh acidity stays well-embedded throughout. Drink now through 2020."
Jura is located to the east of the Côte d’Or, and this area is dominated by the forested Jura Mountains and provides a geographical measure of detachment that allowed certain traditional wine styles and grapes to persist in the region. A classic Jura boasting citrus and nut character( Hint of a sherry character). A Slightly oily texture and a fresh finish, it is mouthfilling, complex and satisfying.
“Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.” -Andrew Jefford, The New France
- Item #: i_374181Bottle Size: 750mlLaherte is located in the Coteaux Sud d'Epernay not far outside of the city. Here the topography is hilly with a variety of aspects and soil types. This micro cuvee is drawn from Chardonnay vines planted on a west facing slope with thin top soil over a deep bedrock of Campanian chalk.
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Here in its first release, the 2014 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Les Grandes Crayères is another fabulous wine from Aurelien Laherte. Powerful in the glass, the 2014 possesses striking textural depth and resonance. This is an especially potent, structured expression of Chardonnay. I loved it. Dosage is 4 grams per liter. Disgorged: February 2018."
- Item #: i_378226Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95This is a rarely encountered "white" Bouzy that displays great texture and depth. The 2014 Les Mottelettes Bouzy Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Extra-Brut is from an old vineyard planted with Chardonnay and roughly 10% Pinot Blanc in 1961.
- Item #: i_352614Bottle Size: 1.5LSTEPHEN TANZER 90 - 92 POINTS - " Precise but subdued aromas of pineapple, lemon peel, orange zest and flowers, plus a suggestion of white truffle. Very suave and fine-grained, showing superb inner-mouth energy and floral lift to the delicate lemon and orange flavors. Still youthfully imploded but already conveys terrific fruit intensity. Not an exuberant style but silky, saline and deep."
- Item #: i_352613Bottle Size: 1.5LThomas Morey’s roots in Burgundy run very deep: he is tenth-generation in Chassagne-Montrachet.The farming is completely organic with sparing copper and sulfur treatments. Harvest is entirely by hand. The cellar work is traditional Burgundian. Fermentation takes places with indigenous yeasts and without suflur, in a combination of neutral barrel and tank. Whites undergo malolactic fermentation and are kept on their lees--but without any stirring (batonnage)—in barrel of which a maximum of 20% is of new oak. Sulfur is added along the way in very small amounts and never at bottling. Whites are gently filtered while reds are not.
- Item #: i_345113Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 95BURGHOUND 95 POINTS "DON'T MISS" - "Here the wood is so subtle as to be all but invisible as it easily allows the riper and denser mix of both white and yellow orchard fruit, petrol, spice and sea breeze scents to shine. The ripeness exhibited by the nose continues onto the juicy, even succulent yet beautifully focused flavors that deliver superb complexity on the impressively lingering finale. This should age effortlessly and I would expect the minerality to develop even more with age. A 'wow' wine."