- Item #: i_374624Bottle Size: 750mlFor the Chauvet, harmony in champagne is not just important, it is elemental. As such, they are regional champions of the art of blending Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and they take an unabashedly classical approach in the vineyards and in the cellars. Farming their family’s 10 hectares sustainably in five of the Montagne de Reims’s 17 grand crus—Bouzy, Ambonnay, Verzy, Verzenay and Bisseuil— one feels a complex synergy to the final wines where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Long fermentations and extended élevages on the lees help develop complexity and fine aromatics, while also radically reducing the need for sulfur and eschewing the need for malolactic fermentations. In the end, their harmony in both their partnership and practice yields elegant, earthy and aromatic champagnes with a fine, satiny mousse that dances across the palate. That they are also capable of long cellar aging is a fitting legacy for a family who has endured since 1848, and whose family home in Tours-sur-Marne features an immaculately preserved salon, dating to the early 1900's.
- Item #: i_376254Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS-'Tightly knit and exotic, with mouthwatering acidity and expressive accents of coconut, ground clove and tea rose to the flavors of yellow plum, lemon curd and graphite. Creamy and harmonious. Drink now through 2019. 4,000 cases made. (03/16)."
JOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS"Nicolas Demière’s current bottling of non-vintage Blanc de Blancs is base year 2012 and the wine is absolutely singing at the present time. The dosage here is six grams per liter and the nose jumps from the glass in wide open constellation of pear, crème patissière, lovely chalkiness, a touch of fresh almond, gentle smokiness and a topnote of white flowers. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, vibrant and rock solid at the core, with excellent focus and grip, lovely, frothy mousse and a long, racy finish. This is drinking very well indeed today, but will clearly last very well and it would be a fine bottle to lay down in the cellar as well. 2016- 2030. 91+."
- Item #: i_377844Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 93"This Vertus domaine numbers among my favorite addresses on the Cote de Blancs, and the Doyard family's vinous, incisive Champagnes deserve a place in any well-stocked cellar. Deep, concentrated and characterful, everything that bears the Doyard label is well worth serious attention." - William Kelley, The Wine Advocate.
The Doyards trace their roots in Champagne back to the 17th century. Maurice Doyard was the first in the family to make wine in the village of Vertus, officially signifying the domaine's foundation. In 1979, at the ripe old age of 20, Yannick Doyard took over the estate, quickly turning it into a beacon for precise, mineral-etched Champagnes they're known for today. They employ a 'non-dogmatic' approach to biodynamic farming, utilizing absolutely no herbicides or pesticides, and most vineyards are still worked by horse.
Doyard's "Vendemiaire" is an entry-level Champagne in name only, as this forty-dollar bubbly easily rivals Grande Marque fare commanding twice its modest price. From 45+ year-old Chardonnay vines primarily in the village of Vertus, along with parcels in Le Mesnil-sur-Oger Grand Cru, Oger Grand Cru, Avize Grand Cru, and Cramant Grand Cru, this year's cuvee is based on the 2014, 2013, and 2012 vintages. Only 15% malo, the vins clairs are aged in older Burgundy barrels before a remarkable 60-months (quite a lot for an entry-level cuvee!) sur lie prior to release.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Firm acidity and a chalky underpinning create a snappy, lip-smacking frame for the flavors of baked white cherry, star anise, ground ginger, chopped almond and biscuit. Finely meshed and harmonious, with the flavor range carried on the delicate, creamy mousse. Drink now through 2024."AN (12/19)
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The forthcoming release of the NV Brut Blanc de Blancs Cuvée Vendémiaire is based on the 2014 vintage and was disgorged in September 2019, so it's arriving on the market now. Revealing an inviting bouquet of orchard fruit, warm bread, oyster shell and pastry cream, it's medium to full-bodied, pillowy and charming, without quite the same incisiveness of the 2013-based cuvée, concluding with a saline finish."
- Item #: i_367999Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Burghound: 90The cellars of Champagne Guy Larmandier are located in the village of Vertus at the southern base of the Cote des Blancs. This estate owns 9 hectares of vineyards, all located within the Cote des Blancs and distributed amongst the Grand Cru rated villages of Chouilly and Cramant and the 1er Cru rated vineyards of Vertus and Cuis.
Harvest is conducted manually, the Champagnes are aged a minimum of 36 months on the lees and the Champagnes destined for the US market are disgorged on order and receive a minimal dosage so as to emphasize the purity and finesse of this special terroir.
- Item #: i_375687Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90A very light straw yellow color with lots of bubbles. The nose has light fresh bread, green apple, and a hint of orange. weet and succulent on the palate. Juicy apple. Creamy and warm. As it warms, it has an orange citrus feeling on the midrange. This stuff rocks.
- Item #: i_379004Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS-"Disgorged in June 2017, Vergnon's 2010 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Expression is showing brilliantly, unwinding in the glass with aromas of dried white flowers, honeycomb, candied peel, yellow orchard fruit and praline. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied and vinous but precise, with racy acids, chalky structuring extract and a long, beautifully defined finish. This is one of the finest wines I've tasted from Vergnon to date."
- Item #: i_321814Bottle Size: 750mlThe "Derrière le Mont Aigu N°12" cuvee by Pertois Lebrun offers outstanding balance between a chalky and salty mineral depth and a great aromatic purity. This champagne comes exclusively from a Grand Cru parcel (100% Chardonnay) of 59.30 acres located in an area called "Derrière le Mont Aigu" in Chouilly. This parcel of land uses sustainable viticulture, with mechanical tillage of the soil and organic amendments (composts), biological treatments with aromatherapy and biodynamic principles since 2013. The dosage of this wine is very low, barely 2g/L. Consequently, the champagne of this cuvee is called "Extra Brut" (almost 4 times less sweet than a "Brut" champagne). The low sugar content allows you to enjoy the aromas of champagne to the fullest. Finally, this champagne is aged in the Pertois Lebrun cellars for at least six years. Aspect: Gold color, fluid bubbles of great finesse, long-lasting string of bubbles. Nose: The nose is of white stone and biscuit Palate: A lively, intense mouth, bright, with good length and a refined finish.
- Item #: i_376943Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES-"Alphaël, angel of knowledge and light, embodies the pure expression of our Chardonnay Grand Cru: fresh and well balanced, with notes of citrus fruit. With its pale, golden aspect, and glints of emerald, it shimmers with a fine effervescence. The first nose, subtle and elegant, unveils notes of candied quince and a rich mineral essence. It then opens out into flavors of fresh fruit, such as peach, and light notes of orange zest. In the mouth, white flowers lead into the slightly roasted and gingerbread undertone of the finish."
Champagne Philippe Glavier is located in the Grand Cru village of Cramant in the Côte des Blancs. Philippe is a RM (Grower) who founded his winery in 1995 with 3 hectares of Grand Cru vineyards and married Véronique in 2000 who bought with her 1.4 hectares from her families' holdings from Grand Cru Côte des Blancs as well. With many small holdings spread over 47 different plots, this idea for the Gräce d'Alphael Non Vintage cuvée with the idea that these small plots will be picked at optimal maturity at harvest and separate microvinification to offer the possibility to make a single aromatic expression of Chardonnay, for each cuvée.
- Item #: i_376129Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 9055% Chardonnay, 45% Pinot Noir
100% estate-fruit from Ambonnay, one of the largest Grand Cru villages.
It is a beautifully made rosé that offers up gorgeous signature notes of red fruit, brioche and the complex soil tones of Ambonnay fruit.
- Item #: i_377225Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 90Vinous Media: 9170% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The NV Brut Tradition Grand Cru is positively stellar. Rich, ample and explosive, the Brut Tradition possesses fabulous energy and resonance from start to finish. The balance of 80% Pinot Noir and 20% Chardonnay works so well here. More than anything else, though, the Brut Tradition offers superb quality, value and personality in its price range, which, once again, makes it one of the most compelling wines budget-conscious readers will find in all of Champagne. Dosage: 6.5 gr/L. Disgorged: July, 2019."