- Item #: i_325554Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92VINOUS WINE MEDIA 94 POINTS-"The NV Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Terroirs is positively brilliant. Citrus, white flowers, crushed rocks and mint are all finely sketched in this super-expressive Champagne from Agrapart. Readers who want to get a sense of what the Agrapart Champagnes are all about without investing in some of the higher-end bottlings will want to check out the Terroirs. Weightless and chiseled in the glass, with pedigree to burn, the Terroirs is flat-out stunning, not to mention a fabulous wine in its peer group. The Terroirs is sourced from parcels in Avize, Oger, Cramand and Oiry.
- Item #: i_379709Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS WINE MEDIA 93 POINTS-"Agrapart's NV Brut 7 Crus is simply gorgeous. Rich, creamy and inviting, the 7 Crus hits all the right notes. The 7 Crus doesn't quite have the focus or energy of the top wines here, but it is incredibly delicious, approachable and relatively easy to find. This may very well be the finest release of the 7 Crus I have ever tasted since this cuvée debuted a few years ago. The 7 Crus is 90% Chardonnay and 10% Pinot Noir. This release is equal parts 2015 and 2014. Don't miss it! Dosage is 7 grams per liter. Disgorged: May 2018."
- Item #: i_375422Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 92WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS-"Delicate notes of kumquat, dried apricot and cardamom are underscored by hints of chalk and smoke in this crisp Champagne, with a fine, creamy mousse. Elegant. Drink now through 2023. 20,000 cases made, 650 cases imported. — AN
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "The nose here is super chalky, showing dried white flowers, sweetly fragrant yeast elements, lemon rind and a little pepper - very pure. The palate has a refined core of quite dry lemon citrus flavor; crunchy, crisp and even, pure and uncluttered. Drink now."
- Item #: i_376604Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR WEB 91 POINTS-"A lip-smacking Champagne that's sleek and linear up front, with pretty floral and spice accents and flavors of yellow plum, gingersnap biscuit, lemon parfait and mineral expanding on the refined palate. Drink now through 2019. 15 cases imported. (10/16)."
- Item #: i_374658Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90TERRY THEISE'S NOTES-"It's like the poster child for farmer fizz, the first white Ay. ..from a single vintage-2013 in this instance-[though]it is not a "vintage" wine. [Disgorged 07/17], it's one of the best editions of this wine, complex, animated almost to the point of brashness; mealy, jasmine and ginger, still a little angular but has a great future in store-in the 1-3 year range (not to mention the 35-40 year range), which you will infer from the long and savory finish."
- Item #: i_337890Bottle Size: 750MLPure grand cru Chardonnay from the chalky, cool soils of Cramant in the Côte de Blancs. Lemon curd, lightly toasted brioche, green tea highlights. Long, savory and seductive; a captivating non-vintage wine that can age with the best of vintage bottles. Generally winemaker Michael Chauvet adds 30% reserve wine; aged for five years on fine lees. Dosage less than 9 grams/L.
- Item #: i_325839Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS-"Chopped hazelnut, graphite and spice accents lace flavors of golden apple, biscuit and saline-tinged mineral in this finely balanced blanc de blancs. Offers a refined, lively mousse and a well-cut finish. Drink now through 2019. 250 cases made. (12/16)."
This Champagne comes from an old vines parcel (planted in 1964) of the Le Cotet vineyard which is situated on the steep slopes of Montgueux, a hill which has been called the "Montrachet of Champagne." In addition to having a desirable southeasterly aspect, Le Cotet boasts some of the deepest, oldest chalk soil in Champagne. Its soil also contains numerous outcrops of quartz that add a spicy component to its wines.
- Item #: i_325462Bottle Size: 750mlJOHN GILMAN 90 POINTS-"The new release of The Rare Wine Company’s “le Mesnil” Blanc de Blancs non-vintage Brut hails from the base year of 2013 and was finished off with a dosage of eight grams per liter. The wine offers up a fine, youthful bouquet of apple, tart pear, chalky minerality, bread dough and a touch of smokiness in the upper register. On the palate the wine is crisp and clean, fullbodied and focused, with frothy mousse, a good core and fine length and grip on the wellbalanced finish. This is very tasty juice that is drinking well out of the blocks, but will also age very nicely. 2016-2025+."
- Item #: i_325486Bottle Size: 750mlAs confirmed by Bertrand Lilbert, the Non-Vintage Blanc de Blancs we carry with the code L14 01, has a base wine composed of 60% 2010 + 40% 2011.
The non-vintage and vintage Champagnes have pin-point bubbles and intense aromas of lime,green apple, hay, and dried apricot. These are beautiful expressions of minerally Chardonnay,with elegance, subtlety, and gorgeous fruit that is not dressed up by excessively sweet dosages(5-15 grams of sugar is the range for brut, but chez Lilbert stays within 6-8g and their Champagne's pressure is lower than the norm). As Andrew Jefford observes in his book, The New France, This tiny 4-ha Cramant domaine is the source of some very fine and long-lived Blanc de Blancs madeby Georges Lilbert and his son Bertrand. The style is less soft, creamy, and flowery than the Blancde Blancs of most large houses might leave the drinker expecting: Cramant here has a taut, steely,rigorous quality....
- Item #: i_374616Bottle Size: 1.5LAn intensely mineral Champagne. The chalky character comes from the chalky soils of Mesnil-sur-Oger. This is dry wine with great concentration of citrusy fruit and a touch of green tea. Great as an apéritif wine and a must have with seafood, especially shellfish.
- Item #: i_379358Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Disgorged in July 2018 with five grams per liter dosage, the 2014 Brut 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Gastronome is showing beautifully, bursting from the glass with an expressive bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, Anjou pear, warm bread and fresh peach. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, fleshy but fine boned, with ripe but racy acids, a pretty core of fruit and an elegantly chalky finish."
- Item #: i_373500Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 90WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Moncuit’s non-vintage Cuvee Pierre Moncuit-Delos Blanc de Blancs Brut is typically a rich, powerful, crisp effort displaying notes of chalk dust, white peaches, subtle bees honey, brioche, and yellow plums. Medium-bodied with gorgeous as well as persistent effervescence, and a dry, fabulously pure, laser-like finish, it should be drunk over the next 3-4 years.90 Points Wine SpectatorThere's a richness to this fresh Champagne, with toast, apple pastry and crystallized honey flavors. This is enlivened by well-integrated acidity and hints of lemon zest and brine, with a minerally finish. Drink now through 2012. 150 cases imported."
JOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "The new release of Pierre Moncuit’s non-vintage Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs (all from Mesnil fruit) is still a pretty young wine, but it has very good depth and plenty of nascent complexity and will really blossom nicely with a year or two in the bottle. The youthfully fine bouquet offers up scents of pear, delicious apple, incipient notes of pastry cream, chalky minerality, spring flowers and a delicate touch of lemon zest in the upper register. On the palate the wine is medium-full, bright and intensely flavored, with lovely, frothy mousse, fine focus and balance, crisp, beautifully-integrated acids, nascent complexity and fine length and grip on the elegant and still tightly-knit finish. This is not a bad drink today by any means, but it will really open up with another twelve to eighteen months of further bottle age. A fine bottle."
- Item #: i_376804Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93We have long been huge fans of Roederer’s Blanc de Blancs but it is always good to get confirmation from a higher source. Here are the words of Roederer Chef de Cave Jean-Baptiste Lecallion in an interview conducted by Champagne Warrior, Brad Baker. “Blanc de Blanc is essentially a Cristal in the Blanc de Blancs style. It sees a little less time on the lees and has less pressure in the bottle, but the same Chardonnay that goes into Cristal goes into the Blanc de Blancs. I think it is probably the best bargain in our range. Though as much as I love the Blanc de blancs, I think Cristal is usually better-due to the fact that it blends in top Marne Valley and Montagne de Reims vineyards...” The 2013 is svelte, crackles with energy and is a not-tobe-missed “classic” in the best sense of the word.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Lemon curd and star fruit flavors provide a citrusy overtone to notes of apricot, biscuit and thyme in this well-knit, racy Champagne, which offers a lively bead and a subtle streak of salinity. Well-balanced and mouthwatering. Drink now through 2030."
- Item #: i_376522Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS- " Beautifully balanced and refined in texture, this displays exotic ground spice and floral accents to the flavors of poached white peach, Meyer lemon and candied ginger, with hints of pastry and honey. Offers a lasting, mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2023. 2,917 cases imported."
- Item #: i_325578Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOOUND 92 POINTS - Not surpristingly, this is more elegant [than Cuvee Les Cles] with a greater emphasis on citrus and less on yeastiness and this pattern of more refinement at the expense of complexity continues onto the equally crisp and delineated flavors that possess a much more agressive mousse, indeed to the point that the attack is foamy, all wrapped in a delicious finish built on delicacy and finesse...