- Item #: i_306007Bottle Size: 750ML"This is the elite cuvee of the estate relying as it does on grapes harvested from the oldest vines of the domaine (35 years and older). Principally composed of Cinsault, Grenache and Syrah, the "Chateau" bottling also sees the addition, from time-to-time of Tibouren, the ancient and regal Provencale grape. This Rose is produced via the "direct press" method and has a long cuvaison designed to produce a wine of character and concentration. Vinified in stainless steel and bottled in late winter - early spring, production is quite limited." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_333702Bottle Size: 750MLBandol is one of the oldest wine growing region in France. The first vine was planted by the Romans 2,500 years ago. Chateau Vaniiéres is recognized among the most prestigious domaines of Bandol. Exotique aromas with orange zest, rose petals, coconut, cantaloupe melon and minerals. Decisive attack brining notes of toasted almonds, spices and finishing with integrated acidity and minerality. A very complex rose. The long, minerally finish ripples pleasantly. It will perfectly escort grilled fish, Provençal specialities, seafood and lobster dishes. (40% Mourvèdre per 30% Grenache 30% Cinsault)
Exotique aromas with orange zest, rose petals, coconut, cantaloupe melon and minerals. Decisive attack brining notes of toasted almonds, spices and finishing with integrated acidity and minerality. A very complex rose.
- Item #: i_344228Bottle Size: 750ML"From the prettiest village on the Mediterranean comes one of the finest of our roses. The Cassis Rose gives expression to the intense minerality that comes from the white stone cliffs that provide background to these vineyards; but there is also a gracious and silky texture that makes this most satisfying and the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish freshly caught. A blend of 40% Cinsault, 35% Grenache and 25% Mourvedre. A brilliant companion to the compelling white from this estate that also demands your attention." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_345384Bottle Size: 750MLCôte des Roses celebrates the Mediterranean lifestyle. The Languedoc appellation stretches along the Mediterranean coast from the Spanish border as far as the city of Nîmes, along the foothills of the Montagne Noire and the Cévennes. The soils are highly varied, mainly with hard limestone and schist, but also gravel transported by the rivers of the Languedoc region.
The warm, windy climate (“semi-arid Mediterranean climate with mild winters”) helps the grapes to ripen in good, healthy condition, while retaining all their fresher qualities thanks to the altitude and the influence of the sea which eases the scorching summer heat. The bottle is original with its base in the shape of a rose, created by a young designer from the Ecole Boulle. A wine to be given in the same way you would offer a bunch of roses!
A soft, pale, brilliant pink with bluish tints developing over time towards more orangey nuances. The bouquet releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance.
- Item #: i_333549Bottle Size: 750MLThe Bonfils family, owners of the historic Château de Vaugelas in Corbières and Château Millegrand in Minervois, continue to expand their influence in the Languedoc with their recent commitment to the region's most important white wine. This time, instead of purchasing a domaine, Bonfils Père et Fils built a state-of-the-art winery in the picturesque fishing village of Mèze that is devoted exclusively to the production of Picpoul de Pinet.
Bonfils' hands-on CEO/Director of Winemaking, Xavier-Luc Linglin, believes that in order to ensure consistent balance of ripeness and acidity, it's necessary to source from a broad palette of micro-terroirs. Over the past decade, XL has forged relationships with several conscientious independent growers in Picpoul de Pinet's six communes, and with the chefs de cave at cooperative wineries in Pomérols and Montagnac. Cooperative wineries account for approximately 80% of the appellation's production as most of the area's growers understand the challenge of consistency and choose the safer communal option. Freshness (fraîcheur) and bright acidity are essential in Picpoul's role as the requisite accompaniment to the oysters of the neighboring Thau Basin. L'Etang de Thau is one of the finest sources for shellfish on France's Mediterranean coast and Mèze is the Languedoc's oyster capital.
The nose is a definite "wow!" moment-- simply beautiful with floral and mineral notes, clotted cream, lanolin, lime and mixed citrus and sea spray. The palate is viscous and rich, loaded with stone fruit flavors, peach, white pear, as good acidity keeps it from flabbiness. Pair with fruits de mer this spring and summer, or a cheese plate or simply sunlight and good company.
- Item #: i_345500Bottle Size: 750ML50% Syrah, 40% Cinsault, 10% Carignan + Grenache
Pebbled top soil, with a high percentage of clay and limestone, rich in manganese. Exceptional “terroir” due to the nature of its soils and its exposure (terraced vineyard at 200m in altitude, facing south and sheltered from northwinds).
Fruity on the nose and mouth (strawberry) and liquorice, very gently and finesse.