- Item #: i_352756Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Berthet-Bondet is located in the subregion of Château-Chalon, the heartland of the Jura. The 2016 Trio was made of three grape varieties, 50% Trousseau, 30% Poulsard, and 20% Pinot Noir, all organically farmed and hand harvested. Berries were sorted, destemmed, and underwent a short maceration to extract desired flavors, color, and tannins. Fermentation and maturation were conducted in stainless steel tanks. Primary aromas and flavors included strawberry, red cherry, tomato leaf, tea, tarragon, juniper, and rhubarb. Tertiary notes included dusty trail and cherry compote.
- Item #: i_352906Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBIODYNAMIC
Jean-François Ganevat is a master of his craft, one of the true magicians of the eclectic. To say that his grapes are spun A "sélections des grains nobles" of Savagnin though SGN is not officially recognized in the Jura o 250 grams RS
- Item #: i_351349Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJean-Claude Credoz is one lucky man. Not only because he lives in such an absurdly beautiful place but because he is one of the largest landowners on the infamous appellation of Château Chalon, with almost five hectares of vines.The domaine flirts with organic and biodynamic methods but have not committed to restraints they bring; Jean-Claude prefers to be flexible when he needs to be, especially concerning the use of copper and sulfur sprays in the vineyards. Vin de Paille is the French for "straw wine", made only in the ripest vintages. Straw wine, or raisin wine, is a wine made from grapes that have been dried to concentrate their juice. The classic method dries clusters of grapes on mats of straw in the sun, but some regions dry them under cover, on roofs, or on modern racks, while some hang up the grapes or leave them to dry on the vine.
Full body, Rustic, Spicy, Sweet
- Item #: i_377704Bottle Size: 750mlMade from low-yield vines planted on the lower slopes of the Jura Mountains in far eastern France, this 100% Chardonnay bubbly is exceedingly fresh and crisp. It is crafted via the classic Champenoise process and was aged for 30 months on its lees. This long rest is necessary for the resulting delicate mousse, fine texture and pleasing autolytic aromas. A whole lot of flavor interest and soul for the money!
- Item #: i_353127Bottle Size: 750mlChardonnay & Savagnin
Ludwig’s BB1 (meaning first baby, as it was the first wine he made) has trademark balance and finesse from 60yo vines in Le Vernois in a blue marl soil just above a layer of fossilized oysters. Aged in old barrels in his deep underground cave for three years and topped up, you find hints of menthol and acacia flowers on the nose, dried and stewed citrus fruits with a strong mineral impression on the palate with an iodine and saline twist, then gentle bitters on the finish.
- Item #: i_352337Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine de Montbourgeau has produced traditional Jura wines since Victor Gros, the grandfather of current Vigneronne, Nicole Deriaux, first planted the estate’s vineyards in 1920.The domaine’s nine hectares are devoted mostly to Chardonnay with Savagnin sited in 1.7 of those hectares; some Trousseau and Poulsard round out the plantings. The viticulture is organic and the vinification is strictly traditional respecting, in all aspects, the ancient practices of this region. Nicole Deriaux’s natural approach to every step of the process captures the true essence of the Etoile appellation in each of the separate bottlings done at the domaine.The white wines are aged in barrel; they are never racked; they are not topped off. The very special nature of the appellation of L’Etoile produces white wines of exceptional finesse and complexity.
- Item #: i_334027Bottle Size: 750MLLight in body yet intensely perfumed, the rare Poulsard grape here gives a supple-textured wine full of red berry fruit alongside some earthy-animal complexity.
"Redcurrant and cherry, with a hint of hibiscus on the nose. Light and precise, with cherry complemented by floral and spice flavors. A delightful and lively Poulsard." - Skurnik Imports
Domaine Rolet, founded in the early 1940s, is Jura's largest family-owned estate. The second generation-four siblings-now run the show: Bernard and Guy look after the sixty hectares of vines as well as the winemaking, while Pierre and Eliane handle the commercial side. The vines are 50+ years old, the yields low, and the vinification meticulous, leading to brilliant, precise expressions of Jura's distinctive wine styles. Vineyard The grapes were harvested by hand from vines aged thirty-five to forty-five, planted on red marl soils in the communes of Montigny and Arbois. The grapes were sorted and crushed, then fermented with indigenous yeast for around three weeks in stainless steel tanks. The wine was then aged in large, used casks ("foudre") for fifteen months.