- Item #: i_353919Bottle Size: 750mlLove French Chardonnay in all of its forms? This bottle is for you. Fruit comes from Saint-Veran (50%), Pouilly-Fuissé (35%), and Jura – think of it as a survey of all of our favorite regions. Notes of green apple skin, crushed stones, beeswax, and pollen dominate the wine’s zesty, saline-driven palate. Simply delicious.
- Item #: i_353423Bottle Size: 750mlCaves Jean Bourdy is one of the oldest domaines in the Jura, owned by the Bourdy family for 15 generations since 1475 in the village of Arlay. The Domaine is now run by brothers Jean-Phillipe and Jean-François, the 15th generation of winemakers at this estate.
The Domaine was certified biodynamic in 2006. The combination of some of the best terroir in the Jura and careful and patient winemaking results in wines that thoroughly express the land on which it is grown.
- Item #: i_345346Bottle Size: 750MLGuillaume D'Angerville became obsessed with the Jura after a sommelier in Paris poured him a glass of Tissot Chardonnay blind and he was very impressed, believing that it was a Burgundy. This sent him off on a five year search to find a choice location in the Jura. He consulted with a well-known geologist to find ideal vineyards. In the end, he and Francois Duvivier purchased two domaines, one with well tended vines and another where the vineyards were in need of some rehabilitation. At Chateau Chavanes in Montigny-les-Arsures, they created a state of the art winery surrounded by 5 hectares of biodynamically farmed vines that had been impeccably replanted 10 years prior by former owner Francois de Chavanes. The domaine is supported by an additional 5 hectares of chemically-free vines formerly farmed by Jean-Marc Brignot at a site of high-quality geology and exposure. He named it Domaine du Pélican, a reference to the pelican on the crest of the city of Arbois. All of Pélican's wines are currently made in a topped up, non-oxidative style.
- Item #: i_352906Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBIODYNAMIC
Jean-François Ganevat is a master of his craft, one of the true magicians of the eclectic. To say that his grapes are spun A "sélections des grains nobles" of Savagnin though SGN is not officially recognized in the Jura o 250 grams RS
- Item #: i_352134Bottle Size: 750mlTo find the estate one needs to venture far from the one paved road of the region, and a good 4x4 vehicle is essential. The founder, Christian Giacometti, has gradually been handing over the reins to his daughter Sarah and son Simon after 25 years of constant and heroic labor to make wine in an inhospitable land. The kids are all right, as they say, continuing on with their unique and eminently drinkable style of Patrimonio, all the while experimenting with Sciaccarellu plantings (extremely rare for Patrimonio) and offering a glimpse of great things to come.
This red is the Giacomettis’ pure Sciaccarellu cuvée from the arid granite of the Agriate where they live, west of Patrimonio along the sea. It brings a lot of voluptuousness and hedonistic pleasure to the normally reserved, fresh crunch of the Sciaccarellu grape. As the label implies, it is quite simply a feel-good wine. Fermented with indigenous yeasts in stainless steel tank, not filtered.
- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Notes - Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.
- Item #: i_353821Bottle Size: 750mlThis rich and vibrant Chardonnay hails from 80-year-old vines in the Côtes du Jura and ages for three years on its fine lees in large barrels. Notes of yellow apple skin, tart pears, flint, and a touch of honey dominate the wine’s energetic palate. This is natural Chard in one of our favorite forms.
- Item #: i_353818Bottle Size: 750mlThis biodynamic, low-ABV red is nothing short of delicious. High-toned notes of red cherries, cranberries, crushed flowers, and pepper dominate the wine’s tart and tasty palate. The blend here is 50% Gamay from Fleurie, Syrah from Côte Rôtie, Mondeuse from Savoie, and Pinot Noir d'Alsace
- Item #: i_353266Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
Produced from vines averaging 45 years of age, the wine soars from the glass, a storm of ripe green apples, freshly blasted quarry, and musky honey. The palate is both firm and expansive, with a generous pinch of telltale Jurassic salt lengthening the complex, penetrating flavors of greengage and candied lemon. Emeric’s “partial sous-voile” approach shows in the wine’s gently oxidative edge—one that bows to the veil without making a virtue of it. For such a bold and assertive wine to remain so straightforwardly delicious is a difficult balancing act.
- Item #: i_377704Bottle Size: 750mlMade from low-yield vines planted on the lower slopes of the Jura Mountains in far eastern France, this 100% Chardonnay bubbly is exceedingly fresh and crisp. It is crafted via the classic Champenoise process and was aged for 30 months on its lees. This long rest is necessary for the resulting delicate mousse, fine texture and pleasing autolytic aromas. A whole lot of flavor interest and soul for the money!
- Item #: i_352330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A new Savagnin bottling, the very young 2017 L'Etoile Savagnin Ouillé Les Budes fermented and aged in 500-liter topped-up barrels, a style that has never been produced at Montbourgeau before. This wine was produced by the son of Nicole Deriaux when he joined the family domaine. It's subtle, mineral and elegant, focused and clean, with floral notes and a soft, round palate. The acidity is neatly integrated into the wine, and it reminds me of some of the wines from Ganevat, with energy and concentration but apparently light on its feet. This is a superb effort for a style they have never produced before."
- Item #: i_352337Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine de Montbourgeau has produced traditional Jura wines since Victor Gros, the grandfather of current Vigneronne, Nicole Deriaux, first planted the estate’s vineyards in 1920.The domaine’s nine hectares are devoted mostly to Chardonnay with Savagnin sited in 1.7 of those hectares; some Trousseau and Poulsard round out the plantings. The viticulture is organic and the vinification is strictly traditional respecting, in all aspects, the ancient practices of this region. Nicole Deriaux’s natural approach to every step of the process captures the true essence of the Etoile appellation in each of the separate bottlings done at the domaine.The white wines are aged in barrel; they are never racked; they are not topped off. The very special nature of the appellation of L’Etoile produces white wines of exceptional finesse and complexity.
- Item #: i_353546Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a Pinot Noir that will shine with food. The wine has enough power and structure to pair wonderful with heavier dishes such as roasts and stews. Try it and you will be amazed by the juicy, delicious flavors this wine brings to your dinner.