- Item #: i_345413Bottle Size: 750MLAnthony Thevenet’s interpretation of Beaujolais is a unique combination of wines from decades past and today’s trend of voluptuously fruity, early-drinking renditions with a serious edge. Anthony’s vineyard work is done strictly under organic culture. There are no treatments in their vineyards aside from copper and sulfur—both legal for organic and biodynamic farming, and accepted practices in the natural wine community; the reality is that if people in Europe didn’t spray copper or sulfur in their vineyards they wouldn’t have any grapes at all.
- Item #: i_351292Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91VINOUS 92 POINTS -- "Deep, bright-hued violet. Fresh dark berries, candied flowers, allspice and a hint of blood orange on the expansive nose. Sappy and appealingly sweet, offering pliant cherry and black raspberry flavors that deepen and spread out quickly with air. Delivers a suave blend of power and finesse and finishes very long and smooth, with bright, mineral-driven thrust, silky tannins and lingering floral and spice notes."
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Richer, more voluptuous and larger-scaled than its 2017 counterpart, the 2018 Brouilly Reverdon unfurls with a ripe bouquet of mulberries, blackberries and licorice. On the palate, it's full-bodied, ample and fleshy, with broad shoulders and a generous, expressive profile."
- Item #: i_352948Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Côte de Brouilly is still a little closed after its recent bottling, but it's a promising wine in the making, unwinding in the glass with scents of cherries, plums, licorice and rich soil tones, complemented by floral top notes that blossom as the wine sits in the glass. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, broad and satiny, with a textural, enveloping profile, a deep and voluminous core, ripe but succulent acids and powdery structuring tannins."
- Item #: i_333771Bottle Size: 750MLMichel Chignard is a modest perfectionist who has been practicing his craft for 4 decades. His son, Cédric, now oversees the domaine with as much care as his father. The Chignard family is fortunate to own vineyards in one of the best sites of the Fleurie appellation in Beaujolais; "Les Moriers" is a 8 hectare parcel that extends into Moulin-a-Vent territory. These 60 year old vines have roots that run deep accessing minerals from the granite subsoil thus imparting that classic Fleurie freshness and "gout de terroir".
This wine beautifully expresses the terroir of "Les Moriers"; it is fresh and playful, with deep ripe fruit and finesse.
- Item #: i_352950Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Vivid magenta. Expressive red/blue fruit aromas are complemented by suggestions of candied flowers, smoky minerals and baking spices. Juicy and expansive on the palate, offering intense black raspberry and boysenberry flavors that tighten up slowly on the back half. Finishes long and smooth, showing excellent clarity, well-knit tannins and resonating floral and mineral character."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "From vines in Quincié and named after Breton's daughter, the 2018 Beaujolais-Villages Cuvée Marylou reveals a lovely bouquet of cherries, citrus zest and strawberries. On the palate, it's medium."
- Item #: i_351449Bottle Size: 750mlBreton’s domaine is comprised of three hectares (only 7.2 acres), eighty percent of which lies in the appellation of Morgon, around the village of Villié-Morgon. The vines range in age from 8 to 80 years, with the 80-year-old vines dedicated to the “Vieilles Vignes” cuvée. Guy’s property is located in the microclimates “Saint-Joseph” and “Grand Cras,” where the naturally low pH of the soil creates favorable conditions for Breton’s sulfur-free vinification.
- Item #: i_350314Bottle Size: 750mlJean-Louis' “sans soufre” bottling immediately overflows with soft, beautiful exotic red and yellow fruits that comfortably rest on fresh, striking acidity. It is the most charming and perhaps the least serious wine in the range only due to its shorter drinking window. Jean-Louis is candid about the need to drink this wine within a 6-8 hour period as the wine has a wonderfully high peak of drinking. However, without SO2 the wines loses a good portion of its charm the next day. It is a rare and wonderful wine.
All of Jean-Louis’ wines are made with whole clusters, zero extraction and natural fermentations. They are made from a combination of nearly perfect farming and zen-like observation. The elevage of this wine is 60% in stainless steel and 40% in futs de chene (barrel).
Terroir: Just on the north side of the domaine, this vineyard is on a gentle slope facing north. The soil is decomposed granite that is slightly deeper than most sections of the Clos de la Coeur; in fact, it is the deepest soil in his roster of vines. It is also the coolest site, thus rendering wines with greater acidity. This combination of higher natural acidity and a cooler terroir is the reason why he chooses this site to bottle a wine completely free of Sulfur.
- Item #: i_353079Bottle Size: 1.5LVINOUS 94 POINTS - "Glistening ruby. Mineral-inflected red/blue fruits on the assertively perfumed nose, along with incense, exotic spices and fresh flowers. Alluringly sweet and penetrating, offering intense boysenberry and raspberry flavors braced by juicy acidity. Fine-grained tannins add spine to a wonderfully long, sappy finish that strongly repeats the floral and mineral notes."
- Item #: i_346005Bottle Size: 750MLJASPER MORRIS-INSIDE BURGUNDY 91 POINTS - "100 year old vines on the Côte du Py for 80%, and 20% from Douby. It will have had 9 months in barrel though without new wood. Bright lively purple with notably more depth. Fresh and fine with more tannins than the other cuvées, though the wood stays completely in the background as far as flavour profile is concerned." (10/2019) This special Cuvée, produced only in the best years, is made from his 100-year old vines, mostly on the Cote de Py. With its waxed capsule and its longer cork, it is clear that Marcel thinks this is something special. And after tasting it, so do we! This has a tremendous sense of place and a texture that is so rich that is more reminiscence of Chambolle than Beaujolais. There are not many Cru Beaujolais that seem to be of true Cote d'Or quality, but this is one! Unmistakably Gamay and Morgon, but what weight and texture. Neal Martin writes: "These wines come highly recommended whether the idea of biodynamics turns you on or not - they are just great wines that are a joy to drink."
- Item #: i_350080Bottle Size: 750mlThe legend of Marcel Lapierre continues as his son Michael and daughter Camille perpetuate the greatness with purity, clarity and deliciousness each vintage. Here they have purchased fruit of 60 year old Gamay vines from Cotes de Besay vineyard in Julienas but the style will resonate with anyone who has enjoyed the Lapierre wines before. Fresh, lush extraordinarily easy drinking and satisfying Gamay at a very reasonable price. Grab it while you can.