- Item #: i_350937Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+James Suckling: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep purple-black, the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte has a dark, seductive, opulent nose of star anise, cumin seed, dried roses, incense and cedar chest over a core of plum preserves, baked blueberries, dates and Christmas cake plus hints of unsmoked cigars and tapenade. The full-bodied palate is a behemoth of fruit with a rock-solid frame to match, featuring firm, grainy tannins and bold freshness, finishing very long and very spicy."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "One of the standouts from the Right Bank is the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte, a powerful, full-bodied, structured effort that offers incredible minerality in its blackcurrant, graphite, new leather and burning ember-like aromas and flavors. A blend of 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, from tiny yields and brought up all in new oak, it has remarkable purity and freshness, and is locked and loaded on the palate. Give this monument in the making 4-5 years of bottle age and it will cruise for 2-3 decades in cold cellars."
- Item #: i_352175Bottle Size: 750mlAn intense ruby color, the Château de Parenchère Bordeaux Supérieur is full and fleshy with a strong underlying structure. It displays intense red fruit aromas of cassis and black cherry with elegantly soft tannins. There is a great balance between the ripe fruit expression and the wine’s freshness.
- Item #: i_333028Bottle Size: 750MLMerlot based wine from the Cotes de Blaye Bordeaux. Medium bodied with black fruit aromas and an easy drinking finish. Easy drinking with a ton of flavor.
- Item #: i_352016Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 98James Suckling: 100Decanter: 98 PointsWine Enthusiast: 100 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS: "The 2016 Haut-Brion is blended of 56% Merlot, 37.5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6.5% Cabernet Franc. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the nose is at once profound and arresting, offering drop-dead gorgeous Morello cherries, lilacs and red rose scents with a core of Black Forest cake, warm blackcurrants and blueberry preserves plus wafts of sandalwood and underbrush. Medium-bodied, the elegantly crafted palate is completely packed with intense floral, mineral and cassis-laced flavors with a firm frame of very finely pixelated tannins and seamless freshness, finishing very long and achingly stunning."
VINOUS 100 POINTS: "The 2016 Haut-Brion is quite possibly even more magnificent from bottle than it was from barrel. Powerful and rich, yet not at all heavy, the 2016 is a wine of nearly indescribable beauty. Haut-Brion is often a thrilling wine, but it is rarely this finessed in its youth. Gravel, cure meat, tobacco and cedar are some of the many nuances that develop with air, but it is an extraordinary sense of harmony that really stands out. What a wine! (AG)
JAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS: "Stunning black fruit with plenty of forest berries in there, the whole picture cool and very delicate, also on the concentrated and highly structured palate. The tannins are very fine-grained, but decisively austere and, together with the vibrant acidity, they propel the finish out towards infinity and leave a breathtaking final impression. A blend of 56 per cent merlot, 37.5 per cent cabernet sauvignon and 6.5 per cent cabernet franc. Very long aging potential, but you could try it in 2023.
WINE ENTHUSIAST 100 POINTS: "Immensely tannic, this is a great Haut-Brion, one of the finest for many years. It shows the severe side of this estate, with a dense structure to match the powerful black fruits. Rich with berry flavors and lifted by enough acidity, the wine will age for many years. Drink from 2026. *Cellar Selection* (RV)
DECANTER 98 POINTS: "This stunning wine is flexing its muscles, showing off its power and depth. Perfectly placed, so precise and utterly gorgeous with a hand-in-glove power. The texture is satin, silky and velvety, each strand providing a different take on charcoal, slate, menthol and bilberry, with mouthwatering acidity that suspends the finish for several minutes. Harvesting took placeImmensely tannic, this is a great Haut-Brion, one of the finest for many years. It shows the severe side of this estate, with a dense structure to match the powerful black fruits. Rich with berry flavors and lifted by enough acidity, the wine will age for many years. Drink from 2026. *Cellar Selection* (RV)
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS: "As to the reds, the 2016 Haut Brion is a prodigious, legendary wine in the making, although it’s not for those seeking instant gratification. Deeper colored and more concentrated than the La Mission Haut Brion, it reveals a purple/ruby color as well as a sensational bouquet of blackcurrants, cassis, cigar tobacco, cold fireplace, violets, and lead pencil. Deep, masculine, structured, and mineral-laced, it has a stacked mid-palate, full-bodied richness, building tannins, and a firm, blockbuster styled finish that lasts for close to a minute. A wine for the ages, don’t even think about opening bottles for at least 7-8 years. It should keep for half a century. The blend in 2016 is 56% Merlot, 37.5% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 6.5% Cabernet Franc. 98+ points. (2/2019)
WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS: "Large and in charge, this has a prodigious core of steeped plum, black currant and loganberry fruit flavors that show both compote and coulis aspects. While that steeps, this delivers a sturdy frame of roasted mesquite, smoldering tobacco and incense, surrounding a muscular spine of worn cedar and tar. Still rather backward, this will be showing well when most others from the vintage have had their day. *Collectibles* (JM) (3/2019)
- Item #: i_351700Bottle Size: 750mlCherry-red in colour, tinged with ruby, with its generous bouquet, Château Haut La Pierrière is juicy and voluptuous. On the palate, extremely ripe fruit, followed by silky, integrated tannins define this wine, which is so similar to Saint-Emilion in style. A supple, well-balanced wine.
- Item #: i_351426Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Wine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 - 94 POINTS - "This 100% Sauvignon Blanc offering is the second white by Smith Haut Lafitte. With excellent acidity and a fine herbal character, expect a wine that is tight, crisp and deliciously fresh."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Delicious aromas and flavors of white peaches and light hay. Full body, bright acidity and tangy, sliced-lemon and green-apple character. Hints of candied fruit. Real sauvignon blanc character. Light, herbal undertones. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Nice purity, with lemon peel, white peach and verbena notes backed by a hint of shortbread that blossoms on the finish, giving this a flattering edge."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The Les Hauts de Smith 2016 Blanc is pure Sauvignon Blanc matured in around 50% new oak. It has a pleasant bouquet with yellow flower aromas complementing the citrus fruit, though it takes a little more encouragement than the Le Petit Haut Lafitte, which has the benefit of the Sémillon. The palate is well balanced with some lovely tropical tones on the entry, dried pineapple, paw paw and then later a touch of lemongrass. I appreciate the way this finishes... with a bit of gusto! I always love this white Pessac-Léognan and this 2016 might be as good as the 2015 last year. This comes recommended."
- Item #: i_351910Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chablis 1er Cru Montmains (which hails from the lieux-dits of Vaux Miolot and Butteaux) offers up aromas of white flowers, green apple and bread dough. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, glossy and concentrated, with a deep, blocky profile and good underlying tension. It's a definite success."
- Item #: i_334195Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleRoumieu Lacoste is light in colour and full of rich aromas of candied fruits and spices on the nose with good length and sweetness on the palate