- Item #: i_350937Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+James Suckling: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep purple-black, the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte has a dark, seductive, opulent nose of star anise, cumin seed, dried roses, incense and cedar chest over a core of plum preserves, baked blueberries, dates and Christmas cake plus hints of unsmoked cigars and tapenade. The full-bodied palate is a behemoth of fruit with a rock-solid frame to match, featuring firm, grainy tannins and bold freshness, finishing very long and very spicy."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "One of the standouts from the Right Bank is the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte, a powerful, full-bodied, structured effort that offers incredible minerality in its blackcurrant, graphite, new leather and burning ember-like aromas and flavors. A blend of 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, from tiny yields and brought up all in new oak, it has remarkable purity and freshness, and is locked and loaded on the palate. Give this monument in the making 4-5 years of bottle age and it will cruise for 2-3 decades in cold cellars."
- Item #: i_352745Bottle Size: 750mlWe are always on the prowl for wines that over deliver and offer delicious drinkability at an outstanding price. We have found such a wine with the Chateau Bellevue Claribes from the highly acclaimed 2016 vintage!
This is the perfect wine for Fall, that wonderful time of year when temperatures settle down from their summer highs and baste the country in cooler climes. The turning of the leaves in their annual Fall display amazes our eyes, and hordes of costumed children (of all ages, really) roam our streets and neighborhoods in their relentless quest for candy.
Not to mention the culmination of the baseball season, the second month of football and the start of hockey, for the sports-minded among us. Then there are movies and books and all sorts of other seasonal celebrations taking place...which of course, leads us to think of what shall we drink with all this going on?
Bordeaux to the rescue! As Fall weather and menus change, we tend to gravitate toward one of our favorite red wine regions in the world and we have found a ringer for you to enjoy-- the 2016 Chateau Bellevue Claribes will leave you asking for more.
This wine is all about fresh, pure fruits, complementary earthiness (think "Bordeaux dust") and spice balanced by excellent body-- that it's just under the ten-dollar mark is icing on the cake. Talk about bang-for-the-buck value-- this wine is an absolute steal!
The nose is loaded with scents of cherries, plum and red raspberries, dusty earth, red rose and a background hint of incense. The palate reiterates the nose with flavors of cherries and berries in the foreground balanced by medium tannins and uplifting acidity. The mouthfeel is lush in this elegant-yet-powerful wine-- it's a balance of poise, beauty and strength for an out-of-this-world price. Kind of a perfect fit for this month! [And it will pair well with beef, lamb and barbecued meats (AKA tailgate fare) as well as hard cheeses like aged cheddar and pecorino].
70% Merlot, 20% Cab. Sauvignon, 10% Cab. Franc
- Item #: i_352274Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 96Wine Enthusiast: 95 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "The aromas are very complex with sweet tobacco, black truffles, blueberries and blackberries. Subtle. Menthol, too. Full-bodied yet so elegant. Structure with finesse and purity. The tannins are melted in the wine. Fabulous young wine. Try tasting it from 2023."
- Item #: i_352749Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 95Wine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 97 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "This wine is dense, mingling spicy nutmeg along with superb ripe honey and marmalade flavors. With its balanced acidity and opulence, it is going to be a great wine."
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the top sweet wines in this report is the 2016 Château Coutet, which has the vintage’s plush, opulent style as well as thrilling purity and good acids. Pineapple, white flowers, sugared peach, and honeyed notes all emerge from this full-bodied, layered, balanced Barsac that’s already impossible to resist yet will evolve gracefully 2+ decades."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character draws you into this concentrated and elegant Barsac. Then the crisp acidity and a wave of lemon and mineral character comes through, driving the finish out in the direction of the horizon. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Pale lemon colored, the 2016 Coutet reveals gorgeous quince paste, candied ginger and key lime pie scents with touches of lemon marmalade and peach compote. Full-bodied, rich and seriously seductive, it has a lively line cutting through the sweet, dense layers and epically long finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Unctuous in feel, with marzipan, candied orange peel and praline notes leading the way for a juicy display of mango, peach and papaya flavors. The rich finish has a nice toasty hint. Best from 2023 through 2038."
- Item #: i_352175Bottle Size: 750mlAn intense ruby color, the Château de Parenchère Bordeaux Supérieur is full and fleshy with a strong underlying structure. It displays intense red fruit aromas of cassis and black cherry with elegantly soft tannins. There is a great balance between the ripe fruit expression and the wine’s freshness.
- Item #: i_352068Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Grand Mayne features fragrant kirsch, redcurrant jelly and black plums scents with touches of garrigue, mossy bark and Sichuan pepper. Full-bodied, rich and densely laden with vibrant red and black fruits, it has a plush frame and very long, earth-laced finish."
VINOUR 93 POINTS JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS
- Item #: i_333028Bottle Size: 750MLMerlot based wine from the Cotes de Blaye Bordeaux. Medium bodied with black fruit aromas and an easy drinking finish. Easy drinking with a ton of flavor.
- Item #: i_351700Bottle Size: 750mlCherry-red in colour, tinged with ruby, with its generous bouquet, Château Haut La Pierrière is juicy and voluptuous. On the palate, extremely ripe fruit, followed by silky, integrated tannins define this wine, which is so similar to Saint-Emilion in style. A supple, well-balanced wine.
- Item #: i_352272Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 98Decanter: 97 PointsWine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Unquestionably one of the top 2-3 wines of the vintage, the 2016 Château Montrose is a monument in the making. Checking in as a blend of 68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, and 7% Cabernet Franc raised in 60% new French oak (the balance was in once-used barrels) and representing a tiny 36% of the production, this deep purple-colored 2016 possesses powerful, incredibly classic Saint-Estephe notes of creme de cassis, graphite, damp earth, lead pencil shavings, and burning embers. With a powerful, full-bodied style on the palate, a huge mid-palate, lots of underlying structure and tannic grip, and perfect balance, this magical wine will need upwards of a decade or cellaring and keep for 40-50 years.
WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2016 Montrose is a little youthfully shy to begin, but with coaxing, it unfurls to reveal the most beguiling scents of wilted roses, oolong tea, crushed rocks, wild sage, star anise and candied violets over a wonderfully pristine, well-defined core of crushed blackcurrants, black raspberries and kirsch plus wafts of pencil lead and wood smoke. The taut, muscular, medium to full-bodied palate straddles jaw-dropping intensity and finesse superbly, featuring a solid backbone of ripe tannins and giving a firm frame right through the incredibly long, exquisitely nuanced finish."
- Item #: i_333023Bottle Size: 750MLROBERTPARKER.COM: "The 2016 Le Blanc Sec from Suduiraut is a blend of 51% Semillon and 49% Sauvignon Blanc matured in 10% new oak. It has a simple, light lime flower and grapefruit scented bouquet. The palate is fresh and a little reserved on the entry with a taut citrus and green apple finish. Drink over the next two or three years."
- Item #: i_351426Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Wine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 - 94 POINTS - "This 100% Sauvignon Blanc offering is the second white by Smith Haut Lafitte. With excellent acidity and a fine herbal character, expect a wine that is tight, crisp and deliciously fresh."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Delicious aromas and flavors of white peaches and light hay. Full body, bright acidity and tangy, sliced-lemon and green-apple character. Hints of candied fruit. Real sauvignon blanc character. Light, herbal undertones. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Nice purity, with lemon peel, white peach and verbena notes backed by a hint of shortbread that blossoms on the finish, giving this a flattering edge."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The Les Hauts de Smith 2016 Blanc is pure Sauvignon Blanc matured in around 50% new oak. It has a pleasant bouquet with yellow flower aromas complementing the citrus fruit, though it takes a little more encouragement than the Le Petit Haut Lafitte, which has the benefit of the Sémillon. The palate is well balanced with some lovely tropical tones on the entry, dried pineapple, paw paw and then later a touch of lemongrass. I appreciate the way this finishes... with a bit of gusto! I always love this white Pessac-Léognan and this 2016 might be as good as the 2015 last year. This comes recommended."
- Item #: i_352632Bottle Size: 750mlChâteau La Tour de Mons is a classic wine, elegant and pure and fully respectful of this great terroir of Margaux. With a vineyard planted of 56% Merlot, 38% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 6% Petit Verdot, Château La Tour de Mons matures for 12 months in French oak barrels. With an intense colour, the wine displays a very broad aromatic range. Elegant and distinguished, this enticing wine has a fantastic potential for ageing.
- Item #: i_352423Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95James Suckling: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Among the whites of the vintage, the 2016 Château Pape Clément Blanc is one of the most concentrated, deep, and full-bodied whites out there, offering up a red wine-like structure to go with beautiful notes of white grapefruit, Meyer lemon, crushed rocks, and exotic flowers. A blend of 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 36% Sémillon, 9% Sauvignon Gris, and 5% Muscadelle, all from deep gravelly soils and brought up in 55% new French oak, this incredibly textured, pure, balanced white needs 3-4 years of bottle age and will keep for two decades or more."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "High-end Pessac-Léognan can sometimes be too imposing to drink when it is young. But here, there’s such freshness to the melon, pear and white-peach aromas with hints of candied lemon and vanilla, that you can’t resist. Concentrated, but with a sleek silhouette, this moves extremely gracefully across the palate. The super-elegant finish has vibrancy that suggests very long aging potential."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The Pape Clement 2016 Blanc is a blend of 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 36% Sémillon, 9% Sauvignon Gris and 5% Muscadelle. It leaps from the glass with gregarious scents of ripe peaches, fresh grapefruit and key lime pie plus touches of cedar, honeysuckle and toast. Medium-bodied, the palate offers fantastic precision and depth, with layers of citrus and stone fruit flavors supported by a racy line of freshness, finishing very long."
- Item #: i_352731Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90-92James Suckling: 92-93Decanter: 91 PointsWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsVINOUS 92 POINTS: "The 2015 La Parde de Haut-Bailly is laced with the essence of black cherry, plum, licorice, menthol and grilled herbs. Supple and inviting, the 2015 will drink well upon release, but this deceptively midweight second wine from Haut-Bailly also has more than enough structure to age well for a number of years. The blend is 60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc."
- Item #: i_334195Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleRoumieu Lacoste is light in colour and full of rich aromas of candied fruits and spices on the nose with good length and sweetness on the palate