- Item #: i_352602Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 104 year old Pinot Fin vines, this has to be one of the greatest value reds to be found in Burgundy, and the 2015 rendition is especially good. Brooding dark fruit, coniferous forest floor and espresso lead into a deep, fine-grained and very complete palate with a silky core of ripe, fine tannins and lovely concentration.
- Item #: i_351473Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson, located in Meursault, was not very well known until recently. It was a kind of hidden gem. The domaine is part of the family Domaine Boisson-Vadot which is divided into three entities: the parents have Boisson-Vadot, the son Pierre Boisson and the daughter Anne Boisson. The élevage for the wines is long (between 15 and 20 months) and the quality of the wine is regular, with great finesse and infinite finish. The Meursault Sous la Velle has an open bouquet with aromas of citrus and white-fleshed fruit (apple and pear) and acacia notes. It has a fresh, nicely fruity palate with a distinctive mineral quality.
- Item #: i_351708Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Pure cherry, raspberry and stony mineral flavors are the hallmarks of this juicy red, with a firm, well-integrated structure. Combines elegance and muscle. The finish is dense and long. Best from 2022 through 2036."
- Item #: i_351962Bottle Size: 750mlThis Bourgogne rouge is surprisingly charming and floral. I don’t normally care much for Bourgogne wines but this is something special and worth the attention. This Pinot Fin is a blend of seven different plots around Cote de Nuits, 50% from Chambolle Musigny appellation, 25% from Nuits Saint Georges, and 25% from Vosne Romanée. Around 60% of the crop was lost in 2016 due to frost, around 20 barrels of Bourgogne Pinot Fin produced in 2016. Flamboyant aroma of supple rose petal, wild strawberries, and raspberry. 60% whole cluster. Great lightness and gentleness.
- Item #: i_350722Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 88-91The Chambolle-Musigny is a beauty made from several different plots located quite high in the Chambolle appellation south of the village – i.e. from a quite cool area. This translates into a gorgeous village – the bouquet is brimming with fresh red fruit with notes of red currant, pomegranate and forest strawberries – infused by a classic Chambolle minerality. On the palate very vibrant offering gorgeous mid-palate fruit brought forward by a fresh acidity and the filigree minerality. A truly lovely Chambolle village.
- Item #: i_352449Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS "...opening reluctantly in the glass to reveal aromas of red berries, grilled meat and warm spices. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny but dense, with a deep, concentrated core and chalky structuring tannins. This will need more time than the comparatively precocious 2017 rendition."
- Item #: i_351912Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92Decanter: 93 PointsDECANTER 93 POINTS: "This great vineyard can, in some incarnations and for no obvious reason, almost seem to acquire a seaweedy, marine allure and an umami intrigue inside its cascade of stony citrus and restrained green apple. That's the case here, all amplified by the wine’s intensity, depth and textural poise."
- Item #: i_351470Bottle Size: 750mlThe Boisson family roots run deep in Meursault, dating back some 200 years. Today, the estate is run by father-son duo Bernard and Pierre, creating earth-driven bottles full of depth and complexity. The 2016 Pommard is silky and fragrant, oozing with notes of raspberry, cherry, and baking spice, coupled with fresh acidity and grainy, well-integrated tannins. Lengthy and sophisticated, will improve over the next five years.
- Item #: i_321280Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95-97Decanter: 97 PointsDECANTER 97 POINTS: "Elegant raspberry-dominant nose, with a sheen of new oak. Lean and pure attack, lifted and refined. Exquisite fruit and concentration, impeccably balanced.Drinking Window 2019+
ROBERT PARKER 95-97 POINTS: "The 2015 Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru Clos Saint-Jacques has a very well-defined bouquet that offers lifted redcurrant and wild strawberry aromas, interwoven with wet limestone and almost flint-like scents. The palate is medium-bodied with very fine tannin. This is seamless and silky smooth, a Clos Saint-Jacques determined to show the other vineyards what it can do. Beautiful delineation and focus on the finish, this is an outstanding Clos Saint-Jacques from Bruno Clair that will offer 20 or 30 years of drinking pleasure.(NM)
- Item #: i_321139Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 91Decanter: 90 PointsDECANTER 90 POINTS - "An overperforming village wine, the Champs Perdrix is reminiscent of a miniature premier cru Petits Monts, offering up an attractive bouquet of rose petal, wild berries and spice. On the palate the wine is juicy, fine-grained and medium-bodied, with detailed, chalky tannins."
- Item #: i_322037Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Burghound: 92-94VINOUS 99+ POINTS: "The 2016 Clos de Tart Grand Cru, cropped at 35hl/ha, is the first year farmed biodynamically. This was completely breathtaking in barrel, and now, in bottle, nothing has changed in that respect. It has an ineffably complex bouquet, not as intense as it showed in barrel yet extremely deep and cerebral, black fruit mingling with forest floor, crushed stone and a touch of sea spray. The palate is perfectly balanced with a deceivingly understated entry, before a wave of black and red fruit crashes over the senses. It is framed by supremely fine tannin, the intensity building toward a crescendo as it fans out. The aftertaste is unbelievably long, remaining in the mouth 60 seconds after the wine has departed. The best ever - simple as that. Tasted at Clos de Tart."
eROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS: "The superb 2016 Clos de Tart Grand Cru confirms the promise it showed from barrel, unfurling in the glass with a striking bouquet of raspberries, rose petals, blood orange, black tea, spices and smoked meats. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, pure and ample, with a deep core of vibrant, searingly intense fruit that entirely cloaks its structuring chassis of satiny tannin, concluding with a long and captivatingly floral finish. More elegant and transparent than the richer and fleshier 2015, this is an exceptional vintage for Clos de Tart. That there are fully 27,000 bottles makes this one of Burgundy's rare confluence of quality and quantity."
- Item #: i_351941Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 97-99 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 - 99 POINTS - "The 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Combe des Fous is the classic blend of mostly Grenache mixed with a small amount of Syrah and Vaccarèse. It's a huge, unctuous effort that packs an incredible amount of blackcurrants, garrigue, pepper and dried flowers into its balanced, elegant, layered personality. It picks up a charcuterie meatiness with time in the glass, as well as the telltale melted licorice characteristic of perfectly ripe Grenache. Count me as a fan and this heavenly juice shouldn't be missed by any Rhône lover."
- Item #: i_351506Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 - 94 POINTS, SWEET SPOT OUTSTANDING - "A background whiff of wood easily allows the earthy yet quite pretty aromas of plum, violet, dark cherry and soft spice nuances to shine. The mouth feel of the slightly bigger and richer flavors is also admirably sleek while delivering excellent length on the mouth coating and well-balanced finish. This is perhaps a bit less structured than is usually the case as it should be reasonably approachable young if that's your preference." DRINK 2028+
- Item #: i_351598Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards are farmed organically. The only thing David Croix doesn’t like in 2016 is the lack of volume. He was full of praise for the quality of the vintage, explaining that the grapes were very healthy at harvest despite the difficult season, and said the aromas in the winery during fermentation were glorious. He describes the wines as “harmonious, with nothing that is out of balance”. No Bourgogne was made this year, there are tiny volumes of village wines and several of the Beaune Premiers Crus have been blended to make a single wine. In fact, only Corton-Charlemagne has achieved anything like a normal yield. This has delicious red fruit and almost endless strawberry and juicy cherry flavours- although this is not a massive wine. The 60-year-old vines are planted on shallow topsoil with lots of iron oxide which gives the dense tannic structure.
- Item #: i_351588Bottle Size: 750mlThe Duband estate chose to convert entirely to organic agriculture in 2006. David Duband made the choice first and foremost out of respect for the environment but also for the intrinsic quality of the wines.
Age of vines about 50 years average
The dress is of a red ruby bursting with beautiful dark reflections. The nose gets involved aromas of black and red fruits with a lot of neatness. The mouth is frank with a touch of licorice and one finale slightly spiced.
- Item #: i_352091Bottle Size: 750mlDemougeot is a native of Burgundy who started his domaine in the heart of Meursault in 1992. Today he has a total of almost 20 acres under vine and makes 14 different wines so there isn't much of any single wine. There are no synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers used in the vineyards. Much of the plowing is done with a horse and all harvest is by hand. The farming is probably closer to biodynamic than organic but he follows neither with religious ferver, instead relying on his connection with the land to determine the methods that keep the land the healthiest and most lively. The style here is one of classism and elegance. The wines are gentle and never forced yet have a verve that allows them to age with ease. Fermentation is done in cement cuve. Elevage is relatively long at 18 months for both the red and whites. Chardonnay grapes for this 2016 Meursault are sourced from three distinct parcels in three lieux-dits, namely ‘Les Chaumes, ‘Les Pellans’ and ‘Limouzin’. Vines are 18-60 years of age. Matured for 12 months in French oak barriques, 10% new. It shows hints of white peach and minerals on the nose. Elegant and bracing on the palate with beautiful notes of peach, apple, nectarine and minerality.
- Item #: i_351459Bottle Size: 750ml"Light and fresh. Unforced. Very delicate and lively. Great balance. For quite early drinking. Very precise." Jancis Robinson
- Item #: i_351304Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Volnay 1er Cru Les Caillerets was not touched by frost this vintage according to winemaker Thomas Bouley. It has a very focused, energetic bouquet that unfurls with alacrity in the glass, offering more black fruit than red and subtle earthy/loamy tones. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, a crisp line of acidity, bright and tensile with just a little attenuation on the finish that I am sure will not be there once in bottle. Give this 3 or 4 years in bottle and you will have a quintessential Caillerets."
BURGHOUND 90 - 92 POINTS - "A whiff of wood is present on the pretty and airy mix of raspberry, cherry, lavender and soft spice nuances. There is a beguiling inner mouth perfume to the super-refined and well-detailed flavors that are also quite delicate on the lingering finish. This is a textbook Carelles, which is to say a wine of lace and grace."
- Item #: i_350529Bottle Size: 750mlFINE WINE REVIEW - "The Volnay, Clos de la Cave has dark fruit aromas and flavors with minerality, medium-weight, and good acidity, length, and structure. 50% whole clusters here. The vines date from five different periods; the youngest are 20 years-old, the oldest 90 years-old, and the average is 45-50 years."