- Item #: i_352602Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 104 year old Pinot Fin vines, this has to be one of the greatest value reds to be found in Burgundy, and the 2015 rendition is especially good. Brooding dark fruit, coniferous forest floor and espresso lead into a deep, fine-grained and very complete palate with a silky core of ripe, fine tannins and lovely concentration.
- Item #: i_351473Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson, located in Meursault, was not very well known until recently. It was a kind of hidden gem. The domaine is part of the family Domaine Boisson-Vadot which is divided into three entities: the parents have Boisson-Vadot, the son Pierre Boisson and the daughter Anne Boisson. The élevage for the wines is long (between 15 and 20 months) and the quality of the wine is regular, with great finesse and infinite finish. The Meursault Sous la Velle has an open bouquet with aromas of citrus and white-fleshed fruit (apple and pear) and acacia notes. It has a fresh, nicely fruity palate with a distinctive mineral quality.
- Item #: i_351962Bottle Size: 750mlThis Bourgogne rouge is surprisingly charming and floral. This Pinot is a blend of seven different plots around Cote de Nuits, 50% from Chambolle Musigny appellation, 25% from Nuits Saint Georges, and 25% from Vosne Romanée. Flamboyant aroma of supple rose petal, wild strawberries, and raspberry. 60% whole cluster. Great lightness and gentleness.
- Item #: i_350722Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 88-91The Chambolle-Musigny is a beauty made from several different plots located quite high in the Chambolle appellation south of the village – i.e. from a quite cool area. This translates into a gorgeous village – the bouquet is brimming with fresh red fruit with notes of red currant, pomegranate and forest strawberries – infused by a classic Chambolle minerality. On the palate very vibrant offering gorgeous mid-palate fruit brought forward by a fresh acidity and the filigree minerality. A truly lovely Chambolle village.
- Item #: i_352449Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS "...opening reluctantly in the glass to reveal aromas of red berries, grilled meat and warm spices. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny but dense, with a deep, concentrated core and chalky structuring tannins. This will need more time than the comparatively precocious 2017 rendition."
- Item #: i_351964Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A spicy mix of both red and dark currant combines with notes of violet, tea and clove. This is also exceptionally intense with excellent detail and punch to the medium-bodied, sappy and caressing flavors that deliver first-rate persistence for a villages level Vosne. This too is worth a look provided you have at least some patience."
- Item #: i_353018Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The last vintage that will appear under the old Boisson-Vadot label is the 2016 Meursault Les Chevalières, a lovely wine that wafts from the glass with aromas of crisp yellow orchard fruit, orange oil, iodine and toasted nuts. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, firm and chiseled, with a tensile spine of acidity and a chalky, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_350923Bottle Size: 750mlOne could say Bruno Clair is a vigneron’s vigneron. His wines are loved worldwide by those lucky enough to know them. But truly impressive is the respect he garners within Burgundy, where his fellow growers consider him one of the greatest of their ranks. They admire his attention to detail in the vineyard, his organic practices (even if he doesn’t bother with certification), and the long hours he and his crews put in. In the cellar, along with his longtime oenologist Philippe Brun (they have been called “the Batman and Robin of Marsannay”), Bruno produces wines that are loved for their purity of expression. They show no ego or even style, but just seem to be true to the essence of each individual vineyard.
- Item #: i_321278Bottle Size: 750MLDECANTER - "The Clos du Fonteny is quite delicate and refined this year, a far cry from stereotypical Gevrey-Chambertin. Aromas of griotte cherry, fresh herbs, rich soil and dried flowers precede a supple, texturally expansive wine with an open core and an attractive elegance."
- Item #: i_321139Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 91Decanter: 90 PointsDECANTER 90 POINTS - "An overperforming village wine, the Champs Perdrix is reminiscent of a miniature premier cru Petits Monts, offering up an attractive bouquet of rose petal, wild berries and spice. On the palate the wine is juicy, fine-grained and medium-bodied, with detailed, chalky tannins."
- Item #: i_351419Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS: "The 2016 La Clape Grand Vin is a blend of 55% Mourvèdre, 25% Syrah and 20% Grenache. The Mourvèdre and Syrah are aged in second use barrels, while the Grenache ages in tank. The bouquet combines attractive notes of raspberries and blueberries, tying them together with strands of rosemary and bay leaf. Full-bodied and concentrated, it frames the ripe fruit with supple tannins and a briny edge on the finish."
- Item #: i_322037Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Burghound: 92-94VINOUS 99+ POINTS: "The 2016 Clos de Tart Grand Cru, cropped at 35hl/ha, is the first year farmed biodynamically. This was completely breathtaking in barrel, and now, in bottle, nothing has changed in that respect. It has an ineffably complex bouquet, not as intense as it showed in barrel yet extremely deep and cerebral, black fruit mingling with forest floor, crushed stone and a touch of sea spray. The palate is perfectly balanced with a deceivingly understated entry, before a wave of black and red fruit crashes over the senses. It is framed by supremely fine tannin, the intensity building toward a crescendo as it fans out. The aftertaste is unbelievably long, remaining in the mouth 60 seconds after the wine has departed. The best ever - simple as that. Tasted at Clos de Tart."
eROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS: "The superb 2016 Clos de Tart Grand Cru confirms the promise it showed from barrel, unfurling in the glass with a striking bouquet of raspberries, rose petals, blood orange, black tea, spices and smoked meats. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, pure and ample, with a deep core of vibrant, searingly intense fruit that entirely cloaks its structuring chassis of satiny tannin, concluding with a long and captivatingly floral finish. More elegant and transparent than the richer and fleshier 2015, this is an exceptional vintage for Clos de Tart. That there are fully 27,000 bottles makes this one of Burgundy's rare confluence of quality and quantity."
- Item #: i_351598Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards are farmed organically. The only thing David Croix doesn’t like in 2016 is the lack of volume. He was full of praise for the quality of the vintage, explaining that the grapes were very healthy at harvest despite the difficult season, and said the aromas in the winery during fermentation were glorious. He describes the wines as “harmonious, with nothing that is out of balance”. No Bourgogne was made this year, there are tiny volumes of village wines and several of the Beaune Premiers Crus have been blended to make a single wine. In fact, only Corton-Charlemagne has achieved anything like a normal yield. This has delicious red fruit and almost endless strawberry and juicy cherry flavours- although this is not a massive wine. The 60-year-old vines are planted on shallow topsoil with lots of iron oxide which gives the dense tannic structure.
- Item #: i_352091Bottle Size: 750mlDemougeot is a native of Burgundy who started his domaine in the heart of Meursault in 1992. Today he has a total of almost 20 acres under vine and makes 14 different wines so there isn't much of any single wine. There are no synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers used in the vineyards. Much of the plowing is done with a horse and all harvest is by hand. The farming is probably closer to biodynamic than organic but he follows neither with religious ferver, instead relying on his connection with the land to determine the methods that keep the land the healthiest and most lively. The style here is one of classism and elegance. The wines are gentle and never forced yet have a verve that allows them to age with ease. Fermentation is done in cement cuve. Elevage is relatively long at 18 months for both the red and whites. Chardonnay grapes for this 2016 Meursault are sourced from three distinct parcels in three lieux-dits, namely ‘Les Chaumes, ‘Les Pellans’ and ‘Limouzin’. Vines are 18-60 years of age. Matured for 12 months in French oak barriques, 10% new. It shows hints of white peach and minerals on the nose. Elegant and bracing on the palate with beautiful notes of peach, apple, nectarine and minerality.
- Item #: i_350406Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC ESTATE
Domaine Arlaud Père et Fils is a reference point for natural Burgundy wines. The singular experience each organically raised cuvée offers is a revelation for even the most experienced palates.
For more than 20 years we’ve partnered with this domaine in Morey-Saint-Denis, witnessing each vintage the ever-greater clarity of expression the family has been able to achieve in each of their harmonious Burgundy wines. Today the family stands side-by-side with Burgundy’s most respected names, especially distinguishing itself with its dedication to organic viticulture.
The family began to cultivate their vineyards organically in 2004. In 2009, they were inspired to push further, establishing biodynamic viticultural practices across all their holdings. As of the 2014 vintage, the estate will hold both organic and biodynamic certification, the very first estate to do so in Morey-Saint-Denis.