- Item #: i_351473Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson, located in Meursault, was not very well known until recently. It was a kind of hidden gem. The domaine is part of the family Domaine Boisson-Vadot which is divided into three entities: the parents have Boisson-Vadot, the son Pierre Boisson and the daughter Anne Boisson. The élevage for the wines is long (between 15 and 20 months) and the quality of the wine is regular, with great finesse and infinite finish. The Meursault Sous la Velle has an open bouquet with aromas of citrus and white-fleshed fruit (apple and pear) and acacia notes. It has a fresh, nicely fruity palate with a distinctive mineral quality.
- Item #: i_353018Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The last vintage that will appear under the old Boisson-Vadot label is the 2016 Meursault Les Chevalières, a lovely wine that wafts from the glass with aromas of crisp yellow orchard fruit, orange oil, iodine and toasted nuts. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, firm and chiseled, with a tensile spine of acidity and a chalky, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_351604Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Attractive yellow citrus, lemons and very chalky oyster shell minerals. White peaches and dried flowers too. The palate has a super fine acidity. Elegant, long and very mineral. This has real tension and energy. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A bottling that regularly excels chez Dauvissat, the 2017 Chablis 1er Cru Séchet opens in the glass with delicate aromas of citrus peel, grapefruit, crisp green apples and white flowers, with only subtle hints of the oyster shell to come. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and concentrated, with a deep and tight-knit core, striking tension and a searingly mineral finish. Séchet—where Dauvissat owns a 0.8-hectare parcel—is located in the Vaillons Valley, but its windier situation and soils richer in active limestone mean it's typically much chalkier and more tensile than the other climats that make up Vaillons."
- Item #: i_351598Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards are farmed organically. The only thing David Croix doesn’t like in 2016 is the lack of volume. He was full of praise for the quality of the vintage, explaining that the grapes were very healthy at harvest despite the difficult season, and said the aromas in the winery during fermentation were glorious. He describes the wines as “harmonious, with nothing that is out of balance”. No Bourgogne was made this year, there are tiny volumes of village wines and several of the Beaune Premiers Crus have been blended to make a single wine. In fact, only Corton-Charlemagne has achieved anything like a normal yield. This has delicious red fruit and almost endless strawberry and juicy cherry flavours- although this is not a massive wine. The 60-year-old vines are planted on shallow topsoil with lots of iron oxide which gives the dense tannic structure.
- Item #: i_352091Bottle Size: 750mlDemougeot is a native of Burgundy who started his domaine in the heart of Meursault in 1992. Today he has a total of almost 20 acres under vine and makes 14 different wines so there isn't much of any single wine. There are no synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers used in the vineyards. Much of the plowing is done with a horse and all harvest is by hand. The farming is probably closer to biodynamic than organic but he follows neither with religious ferver, instead relying on his connection with the land to determine the methods that keep the land the healthiest and most lively. The style here is one of classism and elegance. The wines are gentle and never forced yet have a verve that allows them to age with ease. Fermentation is done in cement cuve. Elevage is relatively long at 18 months for both the red and whites. Chardonnay grapes for this 2016 Meursault are sourced from three distinct parcels in three lieux-dits, namely ‘Les Chaumes, ‘Les Pellans’ and ‘Limouzin’. Vines are 18-60 years of age. Matured for 12 months in French oak barriques, 10% new. It shows hints of white peach and minerals on the nose. Elegant and bracing on the palate with beautiful notes of peach, apple, nectarine and minerality.
- Item #: i_351992Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines are cultivated using non-certified organic methods
By ageing with just 20% in new barrels, and the rest in barrels that have held one, two or three wines, we preserve the unique character of the terroir. This is a Premier Cru with a nose of mimosa honey, Turkish Delight, followed by flowers, carnation-lilac-violet, bergamot-nutmeg spice… a mouthfeel of poached white fruits, grilled hazelnuts, white chocolate, sappy, sensual, an intense finish, long in the mouth.
- Item #: i_351266Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A rich style, with lemon cake, apple and sweet spice flavors buoyed by vivid acidity. There is concentration and intensity midpalate, and the finish lingers, concluding on a mineral note. Drink now through 2024. 50 cases imported."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is also quite reduced and unreadable. Otherwise there is fine richness to the seductively textured and caressing middle weight flavors that display more obvious minerality on the mildly austere, bone dry and focused finale where a hint of wood surfaces."
- Item #: i_352261Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Chablis Butteaux 1er Cru is a very pretty, airy wine that remains light on its feet with soft contours. White flowers, mint, lime and jasmine come together in an exotic perfume. The 2016 has tremendous flavor intensity while remaining gracious and elegant."
- Item #: i_351915Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS: "The complexity and sheer magnitude of Montrachet is on full show here. A powerful expression of the largest holdings in the Puligny side of the vineyard. Grilled hazelnuts, grilled peaches, grapefruit and lemon citrus, as well as a layer of spiced nougat-like aromas. There’s a very long, concentrated and dense palate that starts out cloaked in flavors of rich peaches and glossy fruits. The flavors then peel away in layers as it sits on the palate, revealing a very focused, refined and essence-like citrus core with tremendous elegance and intensity. Drink or hold through the next decade. Or even longer if you desire."
BURGHOUND 95 POINTS: "DON'T MISS!"A strikingly pretty and layered nose reflects notes of mineral reduction, citrus peel, acacia blossom, spice and essence of green apple. There is excellent freshness and terrific intensity to the big-bodied and tautly muscular flavors that brim with impressive amounts of dry extract on the balanced and explosively long finish that really fans out as it sits on the palate. This is very much still a work in progress and I would recommend not touching a bottle for at least 5 years and 12 to 15 would be better."
- Item #: i_351055Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 93WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Corton Grand Cru Les Grandes Lolières Blanc is showing brilliantly from bottle, wafting from the glass with a deep and complex bouquet of crisp green pear, fresh peach, lemon oil, drawn butter, blanched almonds and wheat toast. On the palate, the wine is deep, full-bodied and textural, with an expressive core of fruit, racy acids and a long, penetrating finish. Integrated and intense, this is a beautiful 2016 white Burgundy."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(from the east side of the hill): Ginger-spiced apple and wet rock on the nose; one feels the cool quality of the mother rock as well as a sunny element. Very fresh and penetrating but harmonious from the start, with a subtle sweetness and complex minerality to its flavors of apple, spices and fresh herbs. Not yet showing huge dimension but this wine tastes more finished than many of the top 2016s here. This long, tactile grand cru should give relatively early pleasure but its dusty extract suggests that it will evolve gracefully."
- Item #: i_352736Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Bright but slightly cloudy yellow. Slightly oxidative on the nose, as it’s still working. Then shockingly ripe and fresh on the palate, with a touch of sweetness virtually neutralized by penetrating appley acidity. Wonderfully broad but still youthfully disjointed; this tastes like a nine-month-old wine. Not at all a tropical style of Porusot, due in part to its strong acidity. It’s hard to scrape this very long wine off the palate."
- Item #: i_351184Bottle Size: 750mlThe negiciant house Maison Leroy was founded by Francois Leroy in the small village of Auxey-Duresses in 1868. Henri Leroy joined the business in 1919 and when daughter Lalou Bize-Leroy took over her father's negociant business in 1964, she became one of the first women to head an important firm in Burgundy. As well as an unwavering devotee of biodynamism, Bize-Leroy is a passionate believer in low yields. Leroy is known for wines with incredible density and intensity of fruit. This basic Bourgogne Blanc offers a level of fruit intensity and extraction that is uncommon for white Burgundy. Meticulous in its integration of oak to the texture, there's lots of ripe fruit, long-lasting flavors and a fine, laser-sharp finish.
- Item #: i_334112Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with aromas of buttered orchard fruit, ripe lemons and blanched almonds, the 2016 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a broad-shouldered, powerful profile, chewy structuring dry extract and racy acids, concluding with a long and penetrating finish. This is a very persuasive wine from Girardin."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A powerful yet reserved white, exhibiting spice-tinged peach, apple and lemon flavors, with a stony undertow. The vibrant structure keeps this focused, while the finish is long, evoking peach, mineral and spice notes. Mouthwatering."