- Item #: i_322561Bottle Size: 750MLFrom a ripe vintage comes this rich Chenin Blanc redolent of lanolin, pollen, ripe pear and quince over a base of wet stones. The richness in the mouth is cut but the rapier like acidity and the fruit is contrasted nicely by the crisp mineral notes.
- Item #: i_344231Bottle Size: 750MLBrézé is a unique site due to its relatively high elevation and eminently nuanced geological profile. The high composition of tuffeau, a porous, chalky limestone also used in the construction of much of the Loire’s Renaissance architecture, results in finely mineral Chenin Blanc. Clay and sand also lend themselves to the diversity of the terroirs, giving body to the reds and richness to the whites. With five historic and clearly delimited Clos to work with, the Lambert duo has the incredible opportunity to truly understand and reveal the distinctions within this extraordinary appellation.
- Item #: i_352291Bottle Size: 750mlFrom the single vineyard Buisson Menard, renamed Renard (fox in French) to get even at a wine critic who had mistakenly named it that way while criticizing Didier Dagueneau, this wine is vibrant and crisp, with firm acidity and flavors of pear, citrus and herb. Great minerality and raciness in the finish, with some hints of melon and vanilla.
- Item #: i_352282Bottle Size: 750mlThe legendary Didier Dagueneau changed the perception of Pouilly Fume. After his death in a plane crash in 2008, his son Louis Benjamin took the reins, and his years of working with his father led to a seamless transition. The Silex is among the greatest expression of Sauvignon Blanc in the world. The wine undergoes whole cluster fermentation, with varieties of native yeasts. Fermentation occurs in small stainless steel and oak barrels. After initial racking, the wine stays on the lees until bottling. There is no malolactic fermentation.
- Item #: i_345492Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Racy and mouthwatering in feel from start to finish, with jasmine, ginger, peach, yellow apple and mineral notes that zip through in lockstep. Pretty honeysuckle accents gild the finish. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_351796Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Piercing and pure, with pear, green apple and green almond notes carried by a sleek, minerally edge. Shows juiciness along the edges and flashes of honeysuckle and bitter almond in the background. Drink now through 2033."
- Item #: i_350578Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Green plum and verbena notes lead the way for now, with a flash of quinine on the finish. This is juicy, but still a bit compact overall, with the core of ample pear, quince and ginger flavors in reserve. Just wait for everything to knit together and stretch out, as the purity and length are there. Best from 2018 through 2028."
- Item #: i_302660Bottle Size: 750MLJean-Claude Pichot’s family is one of the oldest inVouvray, with origins as viticulturists and restauranteursdating back to 1739. The family cellars are located in thecharming village of Vouvray, in caverns hewn from therolling hills which were once quarried to provide stoneto construct the grand châteaux of the Loire. In fact, thePichot home is itself part house and part cavern, with adramatic hearth carved from the rock. Jean-Claude wasone of six sons, but the only one to continue the familytradition of vigneron.Tasting notes: golden raisins on the nose and on thepalate. Grape juicy, like table grape concentrate. Easyto drink, already well-balanced with some elements ofcloves, butter tarte tatin and a touch of maple sugar.Good fruit extension with some grapefruit and apple skinon the finish.
- Item #: i_351610Bottle Size: 750ml100% Chenin Blanc. This striking wine comes from two small parcels of mature vines (planted in 1933 and 1952) within the legendary Brézé climat, a terroir that once held a reputation on the same level as the greatest vineyards of Burgundy and Bordeaux. The vineyards are at a higher elevation than most of the surrounding areas and the vines sit directly on a hill of tuffeaux, a porous, chalky limestone, intermixed with clay and sand. Something like 70% of the vineyard has less than one metre of topsoil, so the vines drill straight into the chalky bedrock. This terroir creates a far more citrussy, floral and mineral expression of Chenin. Even when they're ripe and powerful, the wines remain cool and pure and fresh.
- Item #: i_351614Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC
100% Cabernet Franc. Approximately 75% of the grapes for this wine derive from the chalky soils of Les Arboises, on the famous, limestone rich Brézé hill, with the rest of the fruit coming from the mature Les Motelles vineyard, on chalky sand and gravel over clay. Today this wine is naturally fermented and aged in concrete (6 months). This is vibrant, perfumed and surprisingly deep Saumur with load of spicy, cherry pit and iodine fruit and powdery, sappy tannins on the driven, mouth-watering finish. Really opens up beautifully with food. Like the man says, "Very good indeed"
- Item #: i_333763Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine LEDUC-FROUIN was founded in 1873 and is now managed by Antoine Leduc, 4th generation Winemaker. Antoine was always destined to work in his 30 hectares family estate and he returned there in 1993 after doing his Oenology studies in Bourgogne and Bordeaux. Combining tradition and modernity, Antoine makes every effort to produce typical, local and subtile wines. .e diversity of the soils (falun, shale, clay) allows him to perform single vineyard winemaking like La Seigneurie".
With its brilliant garnet color, this wine has blackcurrant, blueberry, tobacco and spicy scents. Velvety and rich but well-rounded with soft tannins.
- Item #: i_352961Bottle Size: 750mlValençay area of France’s Loire valley produces a singular. More often than not, the hidden values of the world of wine are discovered along the road less traveled, far from the common crowd.
Produced from the region’s three main varieties: Gamay, Pinot Noir, and Côt (the local name for Malbec),with the lightness and elegance of its high percentage of pinot noir, plus a wonderful floral quality, it also reveals its leaner, more structured “Malbec” side.
Succulent flavors of raspberries, black currant, and spice. The archetypal “country wine,” intrinsically designed for drinkability, it would be ideal with roast chicken, any kind of barbecue— or, even better, a nice chalky slice of Valençay cheese.
- Item #: i_35228Bottle Size: 750mlEcotard is probably the brightest and most rapier-edged of all of Thierry’s Chenin Blancs. There isn’t an ounce of excess body fat on this one. Think of wine sculpted from a giant block of chalky limestone. Fresh lobster and seared scallops are two pairings that immediately come to mind. Try searing the scallops briefly, then topping them with a grate of lemon zest, sea salt, and a fine drizzle of really good olive oil.
—Dixon Brooke, KERMIT lYNCH WINE MERCHANT
- Item #: i_352623Bottle Size: 750mlThe Pinards have been passing down winemaking techniques for generations, with the goal of always creating the most precise, pure, and fine wines possible. While many wineries are reverting to these natural winemaking practices, the Pinards have been implementing these methods for hundreds of years on their 17 hectares. They do everything as naturally as possible; intervene as little as feasible, limit yields, harvest by hand, and do not use herbicides, insecticides or anti-rot treatments. They believe that if the fruit is healthy, there is no need to use artificial products during the vinification process. With every vintage, the Pinards want to continue to improve the quality of their wines.