- Item #: i_345148Bottle Size: 750MLLauded by King Réné Anjou in the 15th century classical literature, the Château de Brézé wines were regarded with such esteem that the royals exchanged them annually with the great Sauternes of Château d’Yquem. The vineyards belonging to the Château de Brézé entered a Renaissance of their own in 2009 when Count de Colbert conferred upon Yves and Arnaud Lambert management of the viticultural estate. The father and son team have immediately converted the entire 25 hectares to organic methods, with official certification as of the 2012 vintage.
Loire Cabernet Franc from a historic property which is mentioned for the first time in the year 1063, in records from Saint Florent's Abbatial. Delicious flavors of tobacco, raspberry, cassis, violet, and pepper.
- Item #: i_353325Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "This has a smoldering profile, with bay leaf, tobacco and loam notes opening up to black olive, currant and cedar details that follow closely behind. Shows great harmony now, but the tannins could soften up a bit, which should be no problem with some time in the cellar. Delivers lots of character and energy."
- Item #: i_353351Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A pure, elegant style, offering notes of dark cherry, bay leaf and tobacco. Well-structured, with fresh acidity keeping everything together. Hints of coffee emerge midpalate as this flows into a lasting finish. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_345837Bottle Size: 750MLThierry’s domaine, Roches Neuves, whose vineyards are planted in the Saumur (Blanc) and Saumur-Champigny (Rouge) appellations, has rightfully become one of the greatest examples of high achievement in biodynamic vine growing in France. We put him up there with the greats: Abbatucci in Corsica, Ganevat in the Jura, Ostertag in Alsace. His total dedication to site specific wines produced from Cabernet Franc and Chenin Blanc, his “parcellaires,” has produced some of the most exciting wines in the Loire Valley today.
• 100% de-stemmed
• Fermentation in stainless steel tank for 8 to 10 days
• Light pumpovers during fermentation—meant to infuse the grapes not extract them
• Aged in stainless steel and wood tanks, on fine lees, without sulfur, for 3 to 4 months
• Communes: Chaintres de Varrains and Saumur