- Item #: i_378225Bottle Size: 750mlRemi Leroy is young vigneron in the up and comming Cote des Bars region of Champagne's Aube district. In Meurville, where Remi Leroy grew up and founded his estate, the soils are especially poor and yeilds are naturally low. Remi works hard in the vineyard to take care of his soil and vines without any artifical imput other than a little SO2. The current version of this wine is a blend of 70% vintage 2017 and 30% reserve wines, and is composed of 55% of Pinot Noir and 45% Chardonnay. Its discreet bouquet of wild red berries and finish full of autumn baking spices and a solid zing of clove make for a uniquely balanced wine. Remi used to use only stainless steel but has now incorporated 25% old oak barrels as his fermentation and aging vessels in order to encourage a pure expression of his organic fruit and clean, beautiful yeast. Grown on what is the same limestone and clay soils as France's Chablis region (both Kimmeridgian and Portlandian limestones), it is endowed with richness and power, making it easily mistook for an entirely Chardonnay-based Champagne. It has tremendous length with texture and body that opens the doors on nearly all types of cuisine.
- Item #: i_379473Bottle Size: 750mlSuenen - Champagne, Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru, C+C [2014 Base] NV (750ml) (750ml) SUENEN - CHAMPAGNE, EXTRA BRUT BLANC DE BLANCS GRAND CRU, C+C [2014 BASE] NV (750ML) PRICE: $74.99 SOLD OUT Save Aurelien Suenen's wonderfully composed Champagnes manage to be both intellectually stimulating and irresistibly delicious. We have put them in the hands of Champagne obsessives and people who don’t think they have a taste for bubbles at all, and we always get the same enthusiastic response. This wine is made from east and south facing vines from the Grand Cru villages of Cramant and Chouilly, and shows a more powerful, spicy example of Chardonnay. This is more in line with what you’d expect from classic Grand Cru Chardonnay from the Côte des Blancs – a richer, broader style than his Oiry bottling. This wine has really come into its own since landing stateside, and the bottles we've opened recently have been shimmering with class. This is a stunning wine that is nearly impossible to resist at the moment
- Item #: i_379881Bottle Size: 750ml2015 wine base in alliance with 2013 2014 wine reserve.
We endeavor to improve the living soils of our vineyards by continually observing interaction between soil, plant and climate. The study of soil profiles by plot provide a better understanding of their diversity and influences the evolution of our work.
From our gentle methods, tartrate crystals may form. This natural phenomenon has no effect on the quality of the wine.
- Item #: i_379661Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS WINE MEDIA 95 POINTS-"The NV Extra-Brut Blanc de Blancs Les Pierrières (2016 base) is the wine that, to me, really shows Olivier Collin's style off to its greatest effect. Finely cut and chiseled, with striking energy, the Pierrières offers a taut expression of Chardonnay that provides a lovely contrast to the more supple Les Roises. Crushed rocks, lemon confit, almond, dried flowers. The purity and saline-infused energy of the flavors is just brilliant. Disgorged: March 1, 2020."
- Item #: i_375445Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94A 100% Pinot Noir cuvee from a vineyard called Les Maillons, in the village of Barbonne-Fayel. The soils in this sector are chalk mixed with heavy clay. These Pinot Noir vines were planted in 1971. Collin harvests these grapes at an extremely high level of ripeness and these Champagnes possess awounderful vinosity.
VINOUS WINE MEDIA 94 POINTS - "The NV Extra-Brut Blanc de Noirs Les Maillons (2016 base) is effusive in its aromatics and also wonderfully deep, while also remaining light on its feet. This is an eccentric, heady style that really emphasizes the breadth of Pinot in its perfumed, fruit and structural feel. I would give the Maillons a bit more time in bottle to fully come together. Bright saline notes cut through a core of sweet red cherry, kirsch, dried flowers and spice. I loved it. Disgorged: March 1, 2020."