- Item #: i_374181Bottle Size: 750mlLaherte is located in the Coteaux Sud d'Epernay not far outside of the city. Here the topography is hilly with a variety of aspects and soil types. This micro cuvee is drawn from Chardonnay vines planted on a west facing slope with thin top soil over a deep bedrock of Campanian chalk.
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Here in its first release, the 2014 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Les Grandes Crayères is another fabulous wine from Aurelien Laherte. Powerful in the glass, the 2014 possesses striking textural depth and resonance. This is an especially potent, structured expression of Chardonnay. I loved it. Dosage is 4 grams per liter. Disgorged: February 2018."
- Item #: i_379329Bottle Size: 750MLcépage 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay
assemblage 100% 2014
village/vyd all Coeur de Cuvée and old vine sélection massale; 40% Pinot Noir from Mareuil-sr-Aÿ 1er Cru (Faubourg D’enfer, Croix Blanche, Pruche, Haut de Varille); 20% Pinot Noir from Aÿ Grand Cru (Cheuzelles, Pierre Robert, Le Leon, Pruche); 30% Chardonnay from Mareuil-sr-Aÿ 1er Cru (Beauregard, Ramonette, Buisson Saint Loup, Clef); 10% Chardonnay from Oiry Grand Cru and Chouilly Grand Cru
Jean-Paul Hébrart has been making some of the very finest wines in the Marne Valley for many years. They have long been favorites of ours. Peter Liem recently, said "Hébrart's wines just keep getting better and better. He's easily one of the best growers in Champagne." Hébrart's wines straddle ripe fruit character and intense soil expression, making them both complex and approachable. They are the wines you drink with people who think that they don't like Champagne.
- Item #: i_379384Bottle Size: 750mlThis is 100-percent Pinot Meunier Special Club hails from four select parcels from the Les Fortes Terres vineyard in Cuisles. The warm, south-facing exposure of the site usually renders memorable Champagnes that are silky and full-bodied with plenty of depth. This 2014 edition is no exception as this review suggests:
VINOUS WINE MEDIA 92 POINTS-"The 2014 Brut Special Club Les Fortes Terres shows a more overt side of Meunier. Apricot, orange peel, chamomile, almond and spice notes are all kicked up a notch in this decidedly rich, sumptuous Champagne. Moreover, the Fortes Terres really stands out in this range for its bold, forward personality. Dosage is 3 grams per liter. Disgorged: November 18, 2018."
- Item #: i_376429Bottle Size: 750mlThis Extra Brut Rose is made from 100% organically farmed Pinot Noir grapes all from the 2014 harvest) fermented with indigenous yeast. Half the base wine was aged in neutral oak casks. Its amber reddish hue was achieved through a short maceration on the skins (i.e. traditional Saignee Process)and was disgorged in March of 2016 with a minimal dosage of 3g/l. The aromas show a distinctive rose petal component laced with hints of cardomin and cinnamon. The palate dispalys dried red berries and earthy forest floor notes that are sugestive af a fine Cote de Beaune with bubbles.
- Item #: i_379358Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Disgorged in July 2018 with five grams per liter dosage, the 2014 Brut 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Gastronome is showing beautifully, bursting from the glass with an expressive bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, Anjou pear, warm bread and fresh peach. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, fleshy but fine boned, with ripe but racy acids, a pretty core of fruit and an elegantly chalky finish."
- Item #: i_378226Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95This is a rarely encountered "white" Bouzy that displays great texture and depth. The 2014 Les Mottelettes Bouzy Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Extra-Brut is from an old vineyard planted with Chardonnay and roughly 10% Pinot Blanc in 1961.
- Item #: i_377583Bottle Size: 750mlIMPORTER'S NOTES-"From one small plot of vines complantés, meaning that the grapes are harvested and pressed together on the same date. This requires a balancing act on the part of the vigneron(ne), who must weigh the pros and cons of harvesting for ripeness, acidity and overall balance as these two varietals normally ripen a few days apart. The soil here is predominantly Portlandian, which means that the chalky bedrock presents itself in large sheets and the topsoil is extremely rocky.
Slight toasty notes and citrus are present in the nose which lead into a wine with good richness but laser-like precision. High acidity and no dosage make for a vinous texture and great length."
- Item #: i_377201Bottle Size: 750mlPETER LEIM 1 1/2 STARS-"A blend of 70 percent Pinot Noir and 30 percent Chardonnay, this is fragrant and perfumed, its soft red fruit feeling voluptuous in texture and energetic in tone. This is an excellent version of this cuvée, showing an unusual detail and finesse, and it finishes with long, lively length. Last tasted: 3/17."
- Item #: i_379567Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS-"Aromatic, with floral and ripe berry and cherry fruit notes, this harmonious Champagne shows a zesty underpinning and a creamy mousse. Fresh and mouthwatering throughout, showing hints of chopped almond, Meyer lemon peel and pastry dough. Offers a lingering finish loaded with fragrant spice and graphite accents.”
- Item #: i_376202Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93PETER LEIM 2 STARS - "This release of Vouette & Sorbée's blanc de blancs is less opulent than previous editions, feeling elongated and racy on the palate. It's notably citrusy in flavor, driven by its firm spine of acidity, and it finishes with vibrant, energetic length, demonstrating harmony and poise. Last tasted: 4/17."
The tiny hamlet of Buxeres-sur-Arce, situated in the Department of the Aube's Cote des Bar some seventy miles south of Epernay, is the home of Bertrand Gautherot's Vouette et Sorbee domaine. Bertrand has gained an international cult-like status among Champagne buffs who prize terrior-driven, biodynamically farmed Champagnes. All his Champagnes are bottled without fining, filtering or cold-stabilization, and total Sulphur is kept very low. Blanc d' Agrille is 100% Chardonnay from his Biaunes vineyard which has a western exposure, meaning that the grapes take a long time to ripen. Yields here are kept low as Gautherot prunes the Chardonnay here to only five bunches per vine, adding impressive texture and depth to the finished wine.