- Item #: i_373622Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS-"Officially non-vintaged, the recent issue of the NV Extra Brut Entre Ciel et Terre (2010) blends 60% Pinot Noir with 40% Pinot Meunier, predominantly from the 2010 harvest. The wine spent five years on the second lees and was disgorged in March 2017 (Lot EX100317). The bouquet is clear, fine and fresh in its stunningly fruity aromas of mirabelles. Filigreed, finessed and elegant on the palate, this is a lean, pure and stimulatingly dry yet mouth-filling cuvée with a more airy rather than earthy character. The finish is dry, firm, yeasty and full of character, but it is perhaps a bit too austere for some of our readers at the moment. In any case, it's a lovely gastronomic Champagne with a distinctive character. Tasted in May 2018."
- Item #: i_378520Bottle Size: 750mlA vintage cuvée from the single vineyard bearing its name. Toulette" is a single vineyard, mono cepage cuvee produced from Chardonnay vines that were planted in 1947. Crop levels were held to a miserly thirty hectoliters per hectare. The vins clairs were barrel fermented in older Burgundy casks and the wine is finished off with a minimal dosage of two grams per liter. Malolatic fermentation is avoided in order to release the full flavor origins of the wine. It displays a deep golden color and a rich, toasty nose. A full-flavored wine with a hint of almond/frangipane; almost like a Galette des Rois cake. Stunning!
- Item #: i_378562Bottle Size: 750mlDavid Léclapart is a fourth-generation Champagne house located in the premier cru village of Trépail in the Montagne de Reims. When his father passed away in 1996 and his mother asked him to take over the estate, he agreed to do so only on the condition that he would be able to farm biodynamically. Since the 2000 vintage the estate has been certified biodynamic by both Ecocert and Demeter. David himself biodynamically farms his three hectares of land divided among 20 parcels, guided by the principles of purity, energy, pleasure and ecology. He believes the creative forces behind biodynamics (water, earth, wind, and fire) work in perfect accordance with his four principles to show how nature expresses itself through Champagne. These practices are continued in the cellar, where there is minimal intervention. Dedicated to transmitting the individual characteristics of each vintage and vineyard into his wines, David does not use any reserve wines, and all of his wines are no dosage.
- Item #: i_387629Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES:100% Chardonnay Crus : Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Chouilly, Oiry Viticulture : Environmentally-friendly(organic fertilizers and treatments, mechanical procedures for the soils, aromatherapy, biodynamic principles) In the winery and cellar… Vintage : 2010 Vinification : Cuvées only (1st pressing), alcoholic fermentation at 17°C, malolactic fermentation, aged for 10 months in stainless steel vats. Bottled June 2011. 1997 bottles, 60 magnums Aging on lath : 7 years Dosage : 2 g / litre.
- Item #: i_377688Bottle Size: 750mlThis new to us grower-producer has created a most exciting terroir Champagne that perfectly showcases the ripe, broad demeanor for which the Chardonnays of Chouilly are prized. This then is a single varietal (Chardonnay), single harvest (2010), and single parcel Champagne. The Le Fond du Bateau lieu-dit was planted more than 50 years ago by Paul Pertois and is situated in the cru's best quadrant, i.e. south of the town directly east of the Butte de Saran on the northern border of Cramant. Environmentally-friendly vinicultural practices are employed in this vineyard including organic fertilizers and treatments, aromatherapy and biodynamic principles. The family intentionally reduces the vine's vigor and yields which results in enhanced aromatic concentration. This wine was fermented in stainless steel with malo and given 10 months to settle prior to bottling. Further complexity was achieved by seven years of yeast aging prior to disgorgement. While rich with a soft minerality, there is more than enough acidity to keep everything taught and focused through the extended finish. The flavor excitement and refinement exhibited in this superb bottling definitely make Pertois-Lebrun a name to watch.
- Item #: i_375811Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93James Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Four plots in Avize, a village that delivers strong character in blanc de blancs, picked later and riper. The delicate lemons and fine, chalky minerals here are impressive. Mouth-filling, vinous flesh with yellow-grapefruit and nectarine flavors. Super long, fresh and focused mineral finish. Drink or hold."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS