- Item #: i_374662Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-"A 100% Pinot Noir here with a terrific floral nose: violets and red roses, some gently flinty reductive notes and red berries to boot. The palate's impressive thanks to plenty of tannin and a really impressive structure. Bold, long and very pure. Red-cherry-pip finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_3765008Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 90 POINTS - " "With a hazelnut, white pepper and spice bouquet, this cuvée is taut, medium-bodied and nicely balanced, with a citrussy finish. The blend is 35% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir and 30% Pinot Meunier."
Huré Frères follows strict sustainable practices from vine to bottle and selects from massale vineyards-essentially plots that have been replanted with cuttings from the best-performing vines.
- Item #: i_378965Bottle Size: 750mlA single vineyard Premier Cru Champagne from the "Tue Boeuf" site near Epernay. The parcel was planted more than 50 years ago entirely to Pinot Noir. For the 2012 harvest yields were a minuscule 30 hl/ha. Malolactic fermentation was blocked and the wine was matured for eight to twelve months in used barriques prior to the second fermentation. Dosage was just two gram per liter.
- Item #: i_377744Bottle Size: 750MLSUSTAINABLE FARMING 80% Pinot Noir, 20% Chardonnay
Old vines in Verzeney Grand Cru
Jean Lallement (Lall-Mont) is an estate of only four hectares split between Verzenay and Verzy in the Montagne de Reims. A tiny producer, one of the smallest in this portfolio, but what wines! Original, complex, distinctive and yummy, all from a young vigneron who’s restlessly improving every year. The vineyards are spread between Verzenay and Verzy both grand cru villages, with small holdings in the premier cru of Ludes. Alex Lallement explained the terrior of Verzenay as more masculine and higher in elevation, while Verzey is more feminine and perfumed.
- Item #: i_376844Bottle Size: 750mlThe Nicaise family has been making Champagne for four generations from their 22 acres of vines in the Premier Cru village of Hautvilliers a town famed as the home of Dom Perignon. The quality of this grower-producer really took a major step forward in 2007 when the latest generation, Laure Nicaise-Préaux and her husband Clement Préaux, officially started working at the house to help with the winemaking. Clément apprenticed at Selosse and worked at the Mailly co-op so he came armed with great training and experience. As his father-in-law has slowly yielded more control to him, Clement has lowered the dosages and improved the overall balance in the wines. From the excellent 2012 vintage this Chardonnay dominated (80%) Brut displays an effusive array of bright orchard fruits combined with outstanding precision and length. Drinks like a vintage Grande Marque costing twice its modest price.
- Item #: i_372984Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS-"Aromas of clear honey, crisp green orchard fruit, white peach, pastry cream and dried white flowers introduce the 2012 Cristal, a full-bodied, concentrated and powerful wine that's built for the cellar. Broader, more textural and more muscular than the 2008 Cristal, with seemingly even greater reserves of structuring dry extract, the 2012 is incisive and searingly chalky. This is the first Cristal produced exclusively from organically farmed fruit, and it marks the opening of a new chapter for Louis Roderer. The blend is 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay, vinified without malolactic fermentation and disgorged with 7.5 grams per liter dosage. Chef de Caves Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon has once again excelled himself."
- Item #: i_325417Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2012 Special Club finds Arnaud Margaine at his very best. Ample, creamy and beautifully layered on the palate, with exquisite aromatics, the Special Club dazzles from the very first taste. All the elements simply fall into place. Lemon peel, orchard fruit, crushed rocks and lifted floral notes convey brightness, but here, too, I am blown away by the wine's precision and focus. The 2012 is 100% Chardonnay, aged partly in wood, with full malolactic fermentation. It may very well be the most complete Champagne I have ever tasted from Arnaud Margaine. Disgorged: August 2017."
- Item #: i_376559Bottle Size: 750MLWINERY NOTES: "Apples, stone fruits and wounderful aromas of freshly baked bread open to a full-bodied yet profoundly stony palate. Focused, fine and long on the finish, we beleive it will age well for at least a decade."
This limited (70 case) Millesime is a 50/50 blend of Grand Cru Chardonnay (Oger, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, and Cramant) and Premier Cru Pinot Noir from Hautvillers and Cumieres. Hand harvested with 33% of the base wine undergoing malolactic feremtation followed by extended "Sur Latte" aging for 84 months.
- Item #: i_375984Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS-"A sleek, creamy Champagne, with an expressive range of toast, apricot, candied Meyer lemon zest, cassis and pastry cream set in a tightly knit and racy frame. This offers personality now, but the focus and concentration recommends it to the cellar as well. Disgorged February 2017. Drink now through 2030."
- Item #: i_352070Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "The iconic Belle Epoque bottle reveals a well-structured, taut wine. With Chardonnay very much in evidence in the mineral texture, the wine is almost as floral as the bottle. Drink from 2021."
- Item #: i_375521Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS-"Interestingly, the 2012 Special Club is quite a bit riper and bigger than any of the three single-village Special Clubs. Light tropical overtones meld into a core of candied orange peel, apricot, chamomile and wild flowers. In this tasting, the 2012 comes across as adolescent and not fully put together. Hopefully that will come in time. Disgorged: July 20, 2017."
- Item #: i_379182Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Another winner in this range, the NV Another winner in this range, the NV Reserve Oubliée is terrific. This release is based on 2012, with 50% reserve wines from the previous edition, aged on cork. Rich, ample and creamy, the Reserve Oubliée is wonderfully expressive and inviting. Hints of dried pear, smoke, sage and mint add myriad shades of nuance. For the Reserve Oubliée, the wines spend a second year of aging on the lees prior to being bottled. Disgorged November 2017. Dosage is 4 grams per liter."
- Item #: i_377692Bottle Size: 750ml"...one of the best-kept secrets in the realm of world class bubbly. The wines have never varied from their classic, complex and beautifully balanced style that emphasizes stunning purity of fruit, superb minerality, gentle leesy tones, very refined mousse and simply stunning complexity."
-John Gilman, View From the Cellar
Ployez-Jacquemart is regularly recognized as a top producer by Peter Liem, Jancis Robinson, Revue de Vin de France, View from the Cellar, The Wine Advocate, and The Wine Spectator.
- Item #: i_374308Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS-"Roederer’s white golden 2012 Vintage is a classic Millésime. Based on 70% cool-climate Pinot Noir from Verzy and Verzenay (Montagne de Reims) and 30% Chardonnay from a very warm, south/southwest-facing vineyard in Chouilly (Côte des Blancs), the 2012 represents the mineral terroirs of its origins beautifully—pure, refined and fresh. Fermented 8% in oak and with just 16% of the volume having done malolactic fermentation to make the Roederer Vintage Brut a classic gastronomic wine, the 2012 shows a deep, rich and ripe but also fine, precise and elegant chalky nose with hazelnut, toasted almond and blossom flavors. The palate is profound, round, highly elegant and fresh, and the long, remarkably salty finish is very complex and terribly fresh in its persistent mineral expression. This is an impressive, ripe and almost creamy textured but precise and finessed 2012 with power, body and structure. A true, highly stimulating classic. Just love it!" Disgorged in January 2017 after four years of bottle aging (dosage: nine grams per liter). Tasted in Reims in May 2018.
- Item #: i_379996Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93In 1810, Madame Clicquot invented the first Vintage Champagne, in 2012 Veuve Clicquot declared the 66th vintage of the Maison. With grapes exclusively from Grands and Premiers Crus, Pinot Noir dominates the blend (51%) and provides the structure that is so typically Clicquot, followed by Chardonnay (34%) that adds finesse and elegance essential in a perfectly balanced wine, and then Meunier (15%) that rounds out the blend. The uniqueness of the Vintage 2012 lies in the addition of 11% of wines aged in large wooden casks (foudres), bringing strength and aromatic intensity. The cask-aged wines act as spices to the blend, bringing very lightly woody, vanilla and toasted aromas.
"On the palate, the attack is fresh and frank. Then appear the first aromas of fruits with mirabelle tart, candied citrus and roasted pears notes. Finally, refreshing notes of green hazelnuts and almonds arise."