- Item #: i_352599Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Pale yellow. Graceful nose offers scents of pear and menthol lifted by a floral topnote. At once silky, juicy and bone-dry, showing a light floral touch and lovely subtle intensity. The slowly building back end is very dry but not austere. This notably harmonious wine is distinctly more floral than Leroux's Meursault bottlings."
- Item #: i_375285Bottle Size: 750MLThis stunning Extra Brut Rosé Champagne is one for the books. ‘Campania Remensis’ is vibrant, persistent, and loaded with flavors of red berries, crushed flower petals, chalk, tobacco, and sweet spice. Only 3/g of dosage added. Fair warning, you’re going to love this wine. Pair with fried snacks, cheese boards, or simply sip solo.
- Item #: i_353094Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Moderately saturated medium red. Sexy, musky aromas of fresh, ripe strawberry, raspberry, menthol and licorice. Quite penetrating for the vintage, with its touch of sweetness effortlessly carried by firm acidity cooling menthol and underlying minerality. This very sexy wine finishes firm and long, with a solid tannic spine and an element of saline complexity. Really spreads out on the end to dust the entire palate and vibrate."
- Item #: i_344003Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96-98WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS: "The 2016 Brane-Cantenac is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc and 1% Carmenere picked from 22 September until 17 October (the tiny parcel of Carmenere picked three days later). The yields came in at 51 hectoliters per hectare and it is matured in 75% new oak and 25% one-year-old barrels, the final alcohol level 13.3%. It has a beautifully defined, very detailed bouquet with mineral-rich black fruit laced with cedar and graphite notes, living up to its nom de plume as the "Pauillac of Margaux." The palate is simply the best that I have ever tasted at the estate, without question. This has presence, but also weightlessness, filigree tannin and perfectly pitched acidity, with real intensity and drive. The tension here is outstanding and the persistence is incredibly long. It is not the showiest of all the 2016s by a long stretch, and yet it is everything you could possibly want from a Margaux. Like Beychevelle this year, the 2016 Brane-Cantenac puts recent vintages in the shade, thanks not only to the growing season, but also a new punching down system in their gravity-fed winery that was completed in 2015. The 2016 is a benchmark against which future vintages will be compared."
- Item #: i_352130Bottle Size: 750mlCaroline Morey comes from a long line of vignerons based in the Cotes de Beaune and is also married to Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey. In 2014 Caroline has taken her share of some family vineyards from her father Jean-Marc and has created her own domaine based in Chassagne-Montrachet working out of brand new cellars built for Caroline and her husband Pierre-Yves.
Older vines here, planted in the mid-60s, roughly. White planted in the middle, book-ended by this red. 40% whole bunch in 2018. ’(vinified with 25% whole clusters). This is also relatively high-toned as the fruit derives more from the red side of the spectrum. There is a bit more volume and mid-palate density to the rich and nicely energetic medium-bodied flavors that aren’t as fine but do offer slightly better depth in an age-worthy package. Good stuff. (90-92)/2028+’ Burghound.com April 2020 ’More like the herb-edged wines – the wc showing perhaps the most of all these. Ooh – that has a lovely depth of flavour, round, full and deep, similar to the Champs Gain in form – long finishing on a more subtle level. Super wine but for patience – I would say 5 years but it’s potentially a great Beaune!’ Bill Nanson, Burgundy Report, October 2019
- Item #: i_374880Bottle Size: 750MLThe vineyards of Merfy, seven kilometers north of Reims, lie on the southern slopes of the Massif de Saint-Thierry in the Montagne de Reims. These slopes were planted shortly after the arrival of the Romans and monks of the neighboring Abbey of Saint-Thierry expanded the vineyards in the 7th century. Today, Chartogne-Taillet remains the only grower-producer in the village and under Alexandre Chartogne’s guidance, the wines of Chartogne-Taillet are some of the most sought-after Champagnes being produced. Lovers of grower champagne are familiar with Chartogne-Taillet’s Les Barres, the single parcel, un-grafted Meunier wine, released first in the 2006 vintage. This was the first wine that Alexandre produced after returning home to his family domaine, from working with Anselme Selosse, his mentor.
- Item #: i_352234Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Blanc takes it up a notch, offering rocking notes of white peach, quince, crushed rocks, and honeysuckle. It’s medium to full-bodied, with a beautiful core of sweet fruit, a layered texture, and a great finish. It’s unquestionably another beautiful wine, and while 2018 was challenging for the whites, you wouldn’t know it by tasting this."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A terrific example of Beaucastel's white, the 2018 Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc boasts lavish aromas of honeydew and tangerine. It's full-bodied and round, lush and concentrated, with terrific length and presence on the palate."
- Item #: i_344010Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 93-96ROBERTPARKER.COM 94-96 POINTS: "The 2016 Domaine de Chevalier is a blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot picked between 4-21 October at 45 hectoliters per hectare, and matured in 35% new oak. Oh yes! This is a perfumed bouquet that unfolds beautifully in the glass with blackberry, cedar, smoke and a light marine influence, not unlike Japanese nori. The palate is medium-bodied with such fine tannins that it bought to mind Burgundy rather than Bordeaux. There is a grainy texture here, quite saline in the mouth with an entrancing sense of symmetry, very classic but not austere on the finish, with a long and saline aftertaste. This is an outstanding Domaine de Chevalier from the busiest man in Bordeaux, Oliver Bernard. Tasted twice with consistent notes."
WINE SPECTATOR 93-96 POINTS: "Intense raspberry and boysenberry fruit drives along, flecked with anise hints and scored with roasted apple wood details. A touch toothy on the finish, with a loamy note, but the fruit takes an encore, which is a great sign for the future." –JM
VINOUSMEDIA 93-96 POINTS: "The 2016 Domaine de Chevalier is a wine of total precision and class. Today, the flavors are remarkably primary, while the tannins, unusually, are totally buried by the fruit. It will be many years before the 2016 is ready to show all of its cards, but it is a brilliant wine in the making. Dark red cherry, blood orange, mint, white pepper and rose petal infuse the strikingly delineated, vibrant finish." -- Antonio Galloni
- Item #: i_352372Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Decanter: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 93DECANTER 96 POINTS - "Sweet and opulent, this is really rather yummy with abundant notes of blueberry, thyme, blackcurrant, spice and olives. Very dense, textured, saline and toothsome; powerful but very drinkable. Great development potential."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Depending on which exact components go into the blend (and the actual blending decisions), I suspect the 2017 Lirac La Reine des Bois could be slightly different from these composite impressions. That said, all the potential puzzle pieces I tried were excellent. Expect a full-bodied, rich and velvety wine, with hints of boysenberries, blueberries and vanilla, with more length and verve than the regular bottling."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The flagship is the 2017 Lirac La Reine Des Bois, a Mourvèdre-heavy blend that includes 30% each of Syrah and Grenache. Its deep purple color is followed by stunning notes of blackberries, cassis, graphite, earth, and peppery herbs. Full-bodied, rich, concentrated, and voluptuous, it has no hard edges, remarkable purity, and a blockbuster finish. It's a decidedly sexy, forward, opulent wine from this estate to enjoy over the coming 7-8 years."
- Item #: i_351267Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound -"A pretty and ultra-fresh nose flashes notes of black cherry, violet and a pretty array of spice elements. Not surprisingly the mouthfeel of the medium-bodied flavors is notably more refined with both good energy and detail that continues onto the youthfully austere and solidly lingering finish that is firm and well-balanced. A good quality Vosne villages."
- Item #: i_345916Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 96+ POINTS - "Lastly, the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape Les Grenaches de Pierre offers slightly more purity and elegance, yet certainly doesn’t come up short on power or concentration. Stunning black cherries, currants, underbrush, ground pepper, and earthy, rocky mineral notes all give way to a deeper, darker, rich, concentrated wine that’s going to benefit from 2-4 years of bottle age. It will see its 20th birthday in fine form."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Drawn from sandy soils in the lieux-dits of La Crau and Pignan, the all-Grenache 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Grenaches de Pierre features wiry, herbal threads sewn into a fabric of tart cranberries and raspberries. It's full-bodied and tannic, needing a few years to loosen up. Ultimately, it should reward the patient with a complex, silken tapestry of flavors."
- Item #: i_345743Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 88-91Light ruby. Perfumed and seductive. Quite appealing already. Just needs the acidity to settle down a little. Lightly sandy tannins on the end...
- Item #: i_334229Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 90 PointsDecanter: 90 PointsDECANTER 90 POINTS - "A pure, projected bouquet of creamy raspberry, strawberry and plum introduces a supple, elegant wine framed by chalky but melted tannins, with good concentration, depth and energy."
- Item #: i_378920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Aromatic pastry dough, crème de cassis, apple blossom and graphite notes are well-meshed in this elegant Champagne. The delicate mousse swathes the finely wrought acidic frame in a creamy texture, carrying accents of chalky mineral and lemon pith on the lingering finish."
- Item #: i_344014Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94 PointsJames Suckling: 95Decanter: 94 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS: "This sophisticated Pomerol slowly creeps up on you, then suddenly you’re in the deep end. The complex and delicate, floral and mangosteen aromas are married to a great tannin structure and nothing about this wine is a jot exaggerated. Long, mineral and spice finish with a weightless quality. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS: "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2016 Gazin features a beautifully perfumed nose of violets, Ceylon tea, cigar box, sandalwood and fallen leaves over a core of plum preserves, kirsch and blackberry preserves plus a waft of aniseed. Medium-bodied and elegant, with compelling restraint, it has a seductively plush texture, finishing with bags of poise, perfume and persistence."
DECANTER 94 POINTS: "A rich and elegant Gazin, cohesive yet still extremely young. You can taste the Cabernets coming through strongly, an elegant, stately expression of cassis with a silky texture and nice balance. The palate is intense and concentrated but with a real sense of lift. It's always a wine that takes its time to show its colours as it's a touch austere in its first five to eight years, but this is going to age beautifully."